Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: Trevor Ariza swings elbow at DeRozan, gets ejected

I'm all for physical play, but an elbow to the back of the head can kill someone. They are not even allowed in Mixed Martial Arts. Even a light strike to the back of the cranium can cause serious damage.

Definately worthy of a suspension.

Local High School Star Johnni Gade's Avatar

He gets outplayed and then wants to fight. How mature.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'm all for physical play, but an elbow to the back of the head can kill someone. They are not even allowed in Mixed Martial Arts. Even a light strike to the back of the cranium can cause serious damage.

Definately worthy of a suspension.
    Indeed, there is no place for such dirty play in the game.

what he did was wrong but it's obvious he regreted it right away after. he didn't step up to jack, which was a surprise. when someone gets in your face like that your instinct is to get back in their face. he just lost total composure and let his frustrations get the best outta him.. 5 games..

Dunking on everybody in the park

"I know it wasn't intentional or nothing," DeRozan said. "He was just frustrated, he wasn't hitting any shots, they were down by 20. Just in the heat of the game, it's frustration. It's definitely no problem, he's still my man."

Yeah, thats sad to see. That isnt Ariza at all, he is always usually a good sport and humble and everything.
    Also, at people saying hes playing like ****, take away the fg% and he is putting up great numbers, considering the role he has had to step up to take. This is the guy who wanted to come off the bench for the lakers, but said hed start if it was for the good of the team. Its not like he wants to take these shots but adelman wants him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Quata
    Yeah, thats sad to see. That isnt Ariza at all, he is always usually a good sport and humble and everything.
    Also, at people saying hes playing like ****, take away the fg% and he is putting up great numbers, considering the role he has had to step up to take. This is the guy who wanted to come off the bench for the lakers, but said hed start if it was for the good of the team. Its not like he wants to take these shots but adelman wants him to.
    people said the same thing when he almost killed Rudy Fernandez last year.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Quata
    as a lakers fan ive seen my fair share of alot of really dirty trevor ariza fouls last year, but i have nothing against him for it.

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Adelman is a fantastic coach.
    He's a great coach but Ariza as the first option is a dumbass move.

I think anybody would be frustrated in his position. He is being asked to be a #1 option when he's clearly not.

38% FG, 67% FT, and 2.6 TO for every 3.5 assists. He's also playing nearly 40 minutes per game, so the fact that he's averaging 17ppg, 5rpg, and 3.5ast, means very little when you factor in his efficiency.

If McGrady is truly healthy (and willing to buy into the team chemistry) the Rockets need to bring him back ASAP.

Learning to shoot layups

wow clearly intentional, if connected that would have been a vicious hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekindled
    people said the same thing when he almost killed Rudy Fernandez last year.
    Oh cmon, that kind of foul happens all the time.. he was clearly swiping for the ball and accidentally hit him in the head in the process, and the fall is what made it look worse than it was.

Anyway, he should definitely be suspended for this.. no question about it.

Banned

This is not Ariza at all. He is a really nice and humble kid and would never do this kind of thing as a part of his personality. You have to understand the frustration he is in. The Lakers are pretty much a lock in the NBA finals while he, a role player, is asked to be a number one option on a sub par rockets team. It kinda sucks seeing the team you helped win a championship strive while your in the ****ter. Adelman is a great coach its just that he doesnt have a choise but force ariza as number one option becase T-mac for whatever damn reason is always injured.

Diaw Fan

How the **** does a 'nice kid' like all of you are trying to say swing an elbow to the back of somebody's head? Why don't you guys line up outside my house and let me elbow you guys in the back of the head one by one. I swear I'm a nice guy and it's not in my personality to do it.

Retards.

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Ah.........Trevor Ariza.......I remember him well.........a promising young kid with tons of athleticism...still raw offensively......bright eyed.....bushy tailed.....a young bud ready to blossom........

Then Isiah Thomas traded him and Penny Hardaway for Steve Francis....

Sigh.........Good times......good times..........
    that was really gay.

or had huge undertones of homosexuality (political correct version)