Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Zach Randolph and Rudy Gay Can Not Coexist

Your ****ing Clips/Grizz slapfights are hilarious.

I'm sure the Grizz will knock out the Clips this year (and maybe vice versa next year) and keep the rivalry going. And keep me laughing.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    The offense has ran through Marc and Zbo for over 2 years. This is nothing new. Obviously grizz had to adjust with zbo being out and not himself last year. Rudy had more responsibility. Now combine that experience with zbos experience leading the team in the 2011 playoffs with rudy out. Now top it off with the fact that the offense has always been run through the bigs when zbo is healthy . you have a team that has been successful despite the fact that for a basically a whole seasons worth of games you had a star player out , and a team that is currently playing its best with both players are healthy.

I dont think i can make this any clearer. As i asked earlier, Is Jamal the #1 option for the clippers right now? because he sure looks like he has been. It seems to be working out pretty nice even though Cp3 is supposed to be the #1 option, with blake being the #2
    Yes, up until this point in the season Jamal has been the number 1 option. CP3 hasn't been looking for his shot at all and Blake has been passive with his injuries outside of two games. But everybody in the world knows that with the game on the line you can go to CP3 and he will always be the dependable scorer. Look at last night vs the Heat when the game was close and he broke it open with 13 quick points. With the game on the line which Grizzlies player will make the right play every single time like a CP3?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Slick edit
    What the **** are you talking about

Yes, up until this point in the season Jamal has been the number 1 option. CP3 hasn't been looking for his shot at all and Blake has been passive with his injuries outside of two games. But everybody in the world knows that with the game on the line you can go to CP3 and he will always be the dependable scorer. Look at last night vs the Heat when the game was close and he broke it open with 13 quick points. With the game on the line which Grizzlies player will make the right play every single time like a CP3?
    Ask Durant last night when the refs were f*cking the Grizzlies over and the Thunder tried to go on a run. Or the game before that ask LeBron when they tried to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Ask Durant last night when the refs were f*cking the Grizzlies over and the Thunder tried to go on a run. Or the game before that ask LeBron when they tried to come back.
    He will do it for 5 games, then fade for another 5. This is why Gay has yet to truly break out despite being close a few times. Hell Memphis was trying hard as fu** to trade him a year ago. Doesn't sound like a guy you want as your 1A scoring option.

He will do it for 5 games, then fade for another 5. This is why Gay has yet to truly break out despite being close a few times. Hell Memphis was trying hard as fu** to trade him a year ago. Doesn't sound like a guy you want as your 1A scoring option.

Forgive me for not being impressed with Gay being the top option. Last year in the playoffs all he did was chuck perimeter jumpers and be a non factor vs the Clippers. Zbo on the other hand the year before looked like the best player in the entire playoffs outside of Dirk.
    You are forgetting that the grizzlies had to completely change their offensive philosphy when zbo got injured and when he came back. Its a tough thing going 30+ games and then having to try to go back to a post oriented team. Gay didnt play amazing, but he didnt play bad. It was his first time in the playoffs. Lets remember that he came back from a season ending shoulder injury during the NBA lockout where he was not able to rehab as best as he could, on top of the crazy compressed schedule. Id say under the circumstances last year he did pretty fvcking good. As the #1 option he led the team to the best winning % in franchise history and the 4th seed.

and forgive me for thinking a 35 yr old undersized 2guard coming back from an torn achilles and a 40 yr old walking medical bill who hasnt played a second for the clippers is going to make anything better. See, i can troll too

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    In fact even after last year's loss to the Clippers there was rumors of Gay being traded. Don't act like it didn't happen when it's so easy to verify. Just because the Grizzlies owner came out and denied it (they always do) doesn't mean it's not true.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-16-2012 at 02:57 AM.

You are forgetting that the grizzlies had to completely change their offensive philosphy when zbo got injured and when he came back. Its a tough thing going 30+ games and then having to try to go back to a post oriented team. Gay didnt play amazing, but he didnt play bad. It was his first time in the playoffs. Lets remember that he came back from a season ending shoulder injury during the NBA lockout where he was not able to rehab as best as he could, on top of the crazy compressed schedule. Id say under the circumstances last year he did pretty fvcking good. As the #1 option he led the team to the best winning % in franchise history and the 4th seed.

and forgive me for thinking a 35 yr old undersized 2guard coming back from an torn achilles and a 40 yr old walking medical bill who hasnt played a second for the clippers is going to make anything better. See, i can troll too
    Not comparable. I'm still crediting Gay as a great player. Just saying I don't see him being the number 1 option on a contender (yet at least). Billups and Hill aren't expected to save this team which is why they are taking their sweet time getting back. They are merely pieces and role players which will boost the already insane depth more.

Billups on one leg>>>>>>Willie Green and 40 year old Grant Hill is still a very good defender who can knock down open shots. I'm not saying they will have a huge impact but they will have a noticeable one.

What is not comparable? There is nothing to compare. I made a statement about rudys reintegration into the team and the changes that happened in the season....

Only one team has the best PG in the league. Congrats. And lets not act like CP3 has made the right play every single time. No one does. And you are switching around the point you are trying to make. You went from #1 option to the player who will make the right play every time. Im done watching you chase around your tail
    Last edited by ncrizzle; 11-16-2012 at 03:02 AM.

In fact even after last year's loss to the Clippers there was rumors of Gay being traded. Don't act like it didn't happen when it's so easy to verify. Just because the Grizzlies owner came out and denied it (they always do) doesn't mean it's not true.
    The only reason trade talks happened was because of $$$ issues.

Anyway, Rudy 1a, Zbo 1b, Gasol 3rd option. Thats the way it is. Sucks you dont like it, but the grizzlies seem to be doing just finel. But i am glad you are paying so much attention to us

Only one team has the best PG in the league. Congrats. And lets not act like CP3 has made the right play every single time. No one does. And you are switching around the point you are trying to make. You went from #1 option to the player who will make the right play every time. Im done watching you chase around your tail
    Okay... so scorer in the clutch consistently then? CP3 was the most clutch player in the NBA last year but take him out of the discussion if you want. Who's the Dirk on the Grizzlies? The Lebron? They just don't have a clear cut GO TO PLAYER. You keep saying "well multiple guys can do that any given night". How has that worked for teams like the Nuggets? Sixers? Deep teams with no defined, undisputed go to scorer.

Okay... so scorer in the clutch consistently then? CP3 was the most clutch player in the NBA last year but take him out of the discussion if you want. Who's the Dirk on the Grizzlies? The Lebron? They just don't have a clear cut GO TO PLAYER. You keep saying "well multiple guys can do that any given night". How has that worked for teams like the Nuggets? Sixers? Deep teams with no defined, undisputed go to scorer.
    Ok, so you still think they cant coexist. they are proving you wrong. good night

Ok, so you still think they cant coexist. they are proving you wrong. good night
    Not true. They CAN co-exist perfectly fine. The question is can they THRIVE together and make each other better. Sort out who will be the guy taking the final shot.

Not true. They CAN co-exist perfectly fine. The question is can they THRIVE together and make each other better. Sort out who will be the guy taking the final shot.
    they are thriving together and Rudy will be the person to take the last shot. Have you read a word i have said?