Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: "Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

Lebron was 240-250 as a 17-18 year old, wouldnt be surprised if he is like 270 now.... Physically many can/do look like Lebron... but never move like him at that size.... he clocked like 4.3 sec 40 yard dash... the only guys clocking that or faster are the fastest NFL widerecievers of all time and they all were around 5'10-6'2....

Banned

Default Re: "Julius Randle physically is the closest thing I have ever seen to Lebron James"

Jameer's thread on Michigan St. vs Kentucky: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=316585

Go over there and support pals

Randle has a serious problem with ball security. NBA guards will destroy him

I've actually liked what I've seen of him so far against Michigan, even with how poorly hes played.

You can tell hes a great low post player, but hes getting double teamed down there and the whole defense is shifting to his side of the court, much like what Lebron has gotten this season. And its only his 3rd game. Pretty crazy the attention hes drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Lebron was 240-250 as a 17-18 year old, wouldnt be surprised if he is like 270 now.... Physically many can/do look like Lebron... but never move like him at that size.... he clocked like 4.3 sec 40 yard dash... the only guys clocking that or faster are the fastest NFL widerecievers of all time and they all were around 5'10-6'2....

show em the jimmy now julius

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    He ran a 4.4 in HS, the 4.6 is from last year.

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Bron is absolutely nowhere near 270

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    He absolutely is. I'd say 265.

Verified 245 as a rookie:

Now:

How much weight do you think he's added? That isn't 5 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    lol

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Randle's a stellar prospect, maybe better than Wiggins, but comparing him to Lebron in any way is just ignorant. Randle's a true post, a classic 4. Lebron's the best prospect ever in every way, but physically specifically. Randle's a fine athlete, but he's not even elite in terms of NBA prospects.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Randle's a stellar prospect, maybe better than Wiggins, but comparing him to Lebron in any way is just ignorant. Randle's a true post, a classic 4. Lebron's the best prospect ever in every way, but physically specifically. Randle's a fine athlete, but he's not even elite in terms of NBA prospects.
    Not sure I agree.

I think he is elite. He was bullying players far older and even larger than him. Strength is a large part of athleticism. Including length, which he has. He isn't the quickest out there, but he does have a phenomenal jump as well.

As far as athletic goes, 3/4 ain't bad, particularly when you're very good at 3 of the 4 categories.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Not sure I agree.

I think he is elite. He was bullying players far older and even larger than him. Strength is a large part of athleticism. Including length, which he has. He isn't the quickest out there, but he does have a phenomenal jump as well.

As far as athletic goes, 3/4 ain't bad, particularly when you're very good at 3 of the 4 categories.
    Right, he's absolutely an elite prospect. But he's not an elite athlete, that's really his one knock I've seen so far. Not a bad one by any means, he's probably above average as an NBA 4, but I was talking about the Lebron comparison. That's ludicrous, Lebron's far and away the best basketball athlete I've ever seen.

Learning to shoot layups

The reality is that Julius Randle is a very quick PF at the NBA level with good range. He won't be able to consistently play the 5 and long power forwards will be able to shoot over him.

Randle is a pro player and should see significant minutes as a rookie in the NBA, but what you see from him today is what you will get in the pros. He doesn't have great rebounding timing.

Remember, this kid is 6'8", not 6'11" or 7". It matters a lot, especially when the guys he'll be defending in the NBA will be taller and play above the rim. You can't just look at how good he is against college competition - the NBA is loaded with players who were also dominant in college.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by silverbax
    The reality is that Julius Randle is a very quick PF at the NBA level with good range. He won't be able to consistently play the 5 and long power forwards will be able to shoot over him.

Randle is a pro player and should see significant minutes as a rookie in the NBA, but what you see from him today is what you will get in the pros. He doesn't have great rebounding timing.

Remember, this kid is 6'8", not 6'11" or 7". It matters a lot, especially when the guys he'll be defending in the NBA will be taller and play above the rim. You can't just look at how good he is against college competition - the NBA is loaded with players who were also dominant in college.
    You don't shoot with the top of your head, you don't rebound with the top of your head, you don't do anything with the top of your head

Wingspan = true height in basketball.