Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: Knife, 3-foot lead pipe, or pistol with 1 bullet?

Well, that is still the same answer as mine B-Low...you take the gun first

Gimme just any traditionally forged nihinto tamahagane 2048 layer handfolded steel blade by a Japanese master swordsmith... and we are ready to go... around knife size, i guess ill go with a "Wakizashi" then:

Look at that tamahagane steel carefully...............
    dont know how good your forging metal process knowledge is but let me just say this baby with correct technique will amputate anything standing in its way and it wont break/chip either....

STRATEGY:
    Easy.... I will just try and let the pipe guy draw the bullet guys attention, the pipe guy will be a guaranteed 1st goner and the survivor now armed with only bone & flesh.......... easy work... how many slices of human cheese do you want?

If that doesnt go then i can just pray the bullet doesnt hit me and if it does then i hope it hits me somewhere so i could be vital enough to continue the fight.......... the bullet guy is now a guaranteed 1st goner, the poor Pipe guy will be in trouble, a pipe sure wont break a Wakizashi block/parry (the steel is impossible to break, its kindof elastic aswell).... and then lets just say that one attack from a Wakizashi will cause much more damage, thats an understatement...... unless the pipe guys first attack is a lucky & perfect hit to my temple (that wont happen) he aint living to see another day..... then i just I walk away, maybe with a bruise and at the worst maybe with a bullet wound which i will take care of later... :)

Way of the samurai!
    Last edited by pauk; 02-16-2013 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    The correct answer is gun...

Shoot the man with the knife...take the knife...stab the man with the pipe
    The guy with the pipe isn't going to allow you to pick up the knife at that point. Once you shoot, he's going to pounce on that ass.

Are there more conditions to this scenario? How far apart do you start? Who are the other two guys? Do the other two guys know the conditions of the deathmatch or are they left blind about it?

5-time NBA All-Star

Haha pauk u wouldn't stand a chance with a fukkin poisonous blowdart fresh from Ace Ventura when nature calls.

ANd don't get me started on shuriken

Decent college freshman

Pipe. It would be incredibly difficult to hit a moving person with 1 bullet, and even if you do manage to get 1 guy the other dude has a huge advantage over you. The range of a pipe beats the knife any day.

Quote Originally Posted by Is He Ill
    The guy with the pipe isn't going to allow you to pick up the knife at that point. Once you shoot, he's going to pounce on that ass.
    You can home him back with the gun, before you shoot

Whoever you shoot, do so while you're the closest to him so that you can take his weapon

Also a knife or shank is usually more effective than a pipe or bat...ask jail inmates, or look at murder stats of blade vs object

It is gun...shoot man with knife...take knife...guard your head and stab away

You people who say pipe, you better PRAY you kill the knife guy with your first and only hit....... and you know perfectly well that wont happen....

5-time NBA All-Star

Also a knife or shank is usually more effective than a pipe or bat...ask jail inmates, or look at murder stats of blade vs object

Pipe man is holding 36" of long, hard, cold steel bro. That's baseball bat-esque.

He can literally fall to the ground, ROLL quickly, and SMASH the back of your kneecaps forcing gunman or knifeman to lose the balance thus leaving him vulnerable for the beatdown.

If knifeman sprints full force at pipeman, pipe can do a front barrel kick. Distance is huge man. And if pipeman gets first hit in knifeman can and will be disoriented. Unless..

Think of the kind of karate stances they have available to protecting your vitals. Your heart, carotid artery, stomach, etc. wil be protected if you have an exagerrated front stance low to the ground and have your steel bar extended.

pauk u better pray you hit a vital because if you stab pipeman in the leg or shoulder or arm... Lol. And he retaliates with a nice swing right to the temple.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Are there more conditions to this scenario? How far apart do you start? Who are the other two guys? Do the other two guys know the conditions of the deathmatch or are they left blind about it?
    Hmmm...

All three of you have the same knowledge. The other two guys are random strangers, with the same size/build as you (as for mentality, it's an unknown in this scenario).

As for how far apart are you guys at the start, my preference would be all three will be equidistant, though I guess a square makes this ideal. Since it's 50x50 feet, I guess you'll be at least 25 feet from each other to start (let's say each of you is exactly 25 feet from the other two for simplicity, centered around the middle of the caged area).

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    You people who say pipe, you better PRAY you kill the knife guy with your first and only hit....... and you know perfectly well that wont happen....
    You watch too many movies. If I hit you with a lead pipe anywhere on your body you are going down. You aren't going to block it with your arm and stab me or some shit, it's going to shatter your arm and you're going to drop like a bitch.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

You would have to hit the guy right through the brain, neck or heart with hat bullet or your plan isn't working. That's tough when everyone's scrambling in a small space. If you hit him in the gut or any non fatal place he's dropping and curling up with the weapon still in his hands. You'll get pummeled while reaching.

Even if you do manage to get him to drop the knife with a good shot, you'll have to run over to the knife and bend down to get it while the other guy with the pipe springs at you swinging at your head or knees or spine whichever is vulnerable(you'll only have one hand to cover up while you reach). I'd rather get stabbed once or twice in the back than get rendered unable to move for a second or two from the blunt force shock of a pipe. You'd get beat down without getting a single lick.

Pipe would win..

Quote Originally Posted by bmulls
    You watch too many movies. If I hit you with a lead pipe anywhere on your body you are going down. You aren't going to block it with your arm and stab me or some shit, it's going to shatter your arm and you're going to drop like a bitch.
    This. The guy with the knife stands very little chance against the three foot lead pipe. The pipe is actually the most balanced weapon out of the three imo.

If you had the gun, pretty easy to get another weapon if one charges at you, but difficult if both do it at the same time. Shoot too early and you can miss, leaving you with a gun that can only serve as a crappy shield or a blunt weapon. Best to wait for a person to come at you, but it'll be a 1v1 afterwards.

If you have the knife or the pipe, going after the gun guy would most likely end up in you getting shot. Aside from that, the dude with the other melee weapon would turn on you when you make impact with the gun guy. If you go after the other melee weapon carrier, you'd be easy pickings for the gun guy as you'd be likely tired or too distracted to dodge the bullet. You can't guarantee the gun guy won't just try to shoot one of you immediately.

Or you can guarantee a least painful death by choosing the gun and opting to shoot yourself.

Best option would be the gun, hope that the guy with the pipe goes for you and kill him to take his pipe. The pipe has more range than the knife and is much easier to take because the handle is on both ends unlike the knife. It won't be pretty or success won't be guaranteed, but plan wise, this has the least amount of openings.