Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Default Re: "Proof of Heaven" - best selling book by athiest neurosurgeon that had an NDE

I am at it again...

really though, I don't understand why this isn't a fascinating subject to everyone...atheists included

Default Re: "Proof of Heaven" - best selling book by athiest neurosurgeon that had an NDE

As an agnostic leaning towards atheist I do find this subject interesting. Will probs read.

This book will convert nobody who doesn't already want to be converted.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    really though, I don't understand why this isn't a fascinating subject to everyone.

That's what I said about 9/11... but I guess people are gonna believe whatever the hell they want to,... or not give a $hit.

if you buy that book, let me borrow it after you read it.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riddler
    That's what I said about 9/11... but I guess people are gonna believe whatever the hell they want to,... or not give a $hit.

if you buy that book, let me borrow it after you read it.
    There are thousands of ideas though that people would say the same thing about. Everyone can't be interested in everything especially when the details are spurious at best.

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    There are thousands of ideas though that people would say the same thing about. Everyone can't be interested in everything especially when the details are spurious at best.
    this phenomenon is facisnating no matter what angle you take...

-we know that the people that have NDEs are profoundly changed...of the thousands of stories out there, I have yet to read a single one where the person that had one says "you know, maybe that was just a dream"...and if anyone was to say that? It would be an atheist neurosurgeon.

-we know that everyone has the same experience for the most part...so if they are a "dream" it is facsinating that our brains always produce the same dream for everyone...

-we know that NDEs give people that ability to seperate their consciousness from their brain...we know this from the hundreds of accounts where people can repeat conversations as well as other things that happened in places where there body wasn't located.

-we know that NDEs give people who were born blind the ability to see for the first time in their lives...

if you think that NDEs are a product of the brain, this phenomenon is STILL amazing...

Thing that interests me the most is the Out of Body Experience. That's some spooky shit. You're like a freaking ghost temporarily lol

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Thing that interests me the most is the Out of Body Experience. That's some spooky shit. You're like a freaking ghost temporarily lol
    I have OBEs all the time when I'm tired from too much work. A month ago I ended up having like 3 in a 5 day period.

I've heard some really good things about the book from a couple of my friends. I think that the guy is full of it, but it will probably be an entertaining read.

See i can never trust a guy trying to sell a book. He is biased, he has reason to pretend he believes something or had some big revelation. An atheist neurosurgeon is the perfect person to make you go "ooh wow HE believes it". I just dont buy it.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

I'm reading it now, it is interesting, but as a reader it is kind of hard to separate fact from fiction. I'm up to chapter 10 though, so not quite halfway yet.

He is easy to read though. So far I've found the medical facts far more interesting than his ND experiences lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    The thing about this, is no one really truly knows if this is true or not.. It's not something that can be caught on camera and shown as evidence. When we look at interviews and story's, we really need to give our brain and heart a reason to want to believe. It's something we should be open about though.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    I'm reading it now, it is interesting, but as a reader it is kind of hard to separate fact from fiction. I'm up to chapter 10 though, so not quite halfway yet.

He is easy to read though. So far I've found the medical facts far more interesting than his ND experiences lol.
    Haven't read the book and I'm an NDE believer as well as a believer in God and all that, but if I'm not mistaken, the medical facts that he provides are the fact that medicine and science cannot explain NDE's.

Eternea huh?

This must have been Larry Bird's NDE then...

(I know, I know, Eternia is spelled differently. Just play along.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    I remember now, I was saying he could have easily made it up and you couldn't even fathom that as a possibility.
    Yes because you have to actually flat line to have one...its really hard to believe someone decides to make up an elaborate story the very moment they come back from flat lining in ER.

Also, it is pretty excepted that this phenomena really happens to people...perhaps the are a couple liars out there, but def not all of them...

코비=GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Haven't read the book and I'm an NDE believer as well as a believer in God and all that, but if I'm not mistaken, the medical facts that he provides are the fact that medicine and science cannot explain NDE's.
    No they can. Turning to the supernatural and ignoring scientific and practical explanations is not credible despite it coming from the mouth of a neurosurgeon.