Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Big Ten fan thread

Quote Originally Posted by the_chosen_1
    I don't think IU will be as bad as everyone thinks. They will not win the conference but a fifth or sixth place finish is not out of the question!

Then again, I went to IU and have lived in the area most of my life, so I am a little bias. It will be tough this year but then again standards have not been met her since 02.
    Like on the other IU post someone said .500 is a good season this year, but beware of IU next season

Manny Harris kicks off the season with a 30 pt/7 rebound game

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    1. Izzo
    2. Ryan
    3. Weber
    4. Matta
    5. Painter
    6. Smith
    7. Beilein
    8. Crean
    9. Lickliter
    10.DeChellis
    11.Carmody
    Painter in 5th??? have you SEEN what he has done in 4 years??? i would put him near the top, if not at the top. obviously i'm a little biased, and either bo ryan or izzo would most likely be my number one, simply based on the past couple seasons
    Last edited by BTFU98923; 11-27-2008 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hwliuLAP
    I'm pretty sure IU's not gonna be hot at all this year, still make a reasonable record after losing all its starter, and fans will love the new coach for his energy, and the fact that he tries to preach in some defense. But other then that, it's gonna be a very sad day when I may have to witness Purdue actually beating IU here in bloomington.
    you should go ahead and get used to not beating purdue for the next couple years, no matter where these teams play

Anybody catch Raymar Morgan and Tom Izzo gettin into it on the sideline during the Maryland game? wasn't pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    Anybody catch Raymar Morgan and Tom Izzo gettin into it on the sideline during the Maryland game? wasn't pretty
    i saw that too. michigan state looked pretty dang bad last night. i will go ahead and chalk that up to suton being out and morgan being in foul trouble, as well as great preparation by a well coached maryland squad. this game really wasn't even close in the 2nd half though, and i was pretty shocked

How about them dang, Gophers!!!??? Man, if we play this good Tuesday against Virginia...watch out Big Ten!!!

We should be able to get a win against those guys on Tuesday. They are picked to finish last in the ACC. We gotta get that win on Tuesday! Come on, Gophers!!!

As a life long Badgers fan I suppose it's only my place to say...WOW, what a game against V-Tech tonight. We had complete control of the game until the last minute or so, but we were able to sneak by. Way too close for comfort, but it's still a Dubya.

We play Purdue twice this season. I'm almost positive we'll split the games. Can't wait to see them.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BTFU98923
    Painter in 5th??? have you SEEN what he has done in 4 years??? i would put him near the top, if not at the top. obviously i'm a little biased, and either bo ryan or izzo would most likely be my number one, simply based on the past couple seasons
    The guys above him have done more plain and simple. As of now, I'd say that top 5 is pretty damn accurate, even though I was tempted to be a complete homer and put Weber on top, but I resisted, and I feel that #3 right now for him is good. I'll promptly move him up when he brings that national championsihp home in the next few years

Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    As a life long Badgers fan I suppose it's only my place to say...WOW, what a game against V-Tech tonight. We had complete control of the game until the last minute or so, but we were able to sneak by. Way too close for comfort, but it's still a Dubya.

We play Purdue twice this season. I'm almost positive we'll split the games. Can't wait to see them.

So true!! What a game. I figured that the Badgers had this one on lock down---but then.....the Hokies got hot. That last minute or so of the game was intense. Great game, Badgers. I hope that my Gophers play well and get that "W"!!!

The Gophers get the win!! Great game, Gophers.

Minny: 66

Virginia: 56

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Manny Harris may be the most slept on major conference star in the nation.

The Big Ten is getting some love!!! For years people have said that we were the weakest conference. Now. Nobody is saying jack!! We are leading all conferences with 73 percent of its teams receiving votes in this week's Associated Press (AP) poll. Three teams--Purdue (14), Michigan State (18) and Ohio State (21) are ranked among the top-25 while Illinois, Michigan, Minnesota, Northwestern and Wisconsin are all receiving votes. The ACC follows with 58 percent of its membership receiving votes in the AP poll. The ACC has three teams ranked and an additional four receiving votes. The Big East and Big 12 round out the top four with 50 percent of their squads receiving votes.

Also, way to go, Michigan and to her fans. You guys beat UCLA and Duke. Make the Big Ten proud.

Way to go, Big Ten!!! Of course I have ties to the Big East(UConn), but I grew up in Big Ten country (Minnesota).

How about them darn Gophers!!!?? 11-0.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Maybe this will be the year they break their 20 game losing streak to the Illini.