Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Re: i need advice, just found out the girl im sleeping with is pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

If you follow this idiot's advice, you're paying 18 years of child support (or more).

Be a man.
    You're paying money either way (helping to raise it or child support). At least this way you are not wasting a large chunk of your life by being burdened with a child. It's definitely being an "awful person" but I'll take being an awful person while still having my life to live as I choose. Then again, I personally wouldn't make this mistake. Just in case though.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: i need advice, just found out the girl im sleeping with is pregnant.

[QUOTE=longhornfan1234]Keeping a baby you can

Its called protection Jeremy Lin

Serious playground baller General's Avatar

People who defend abortion vigorously are usually the people who have taken a part in one and are trying to free themselves from guilt. You should have worn a condom, made sure she was on birth control, maybe abstain from sex until you are ready to have a child(unlikely). Now it's too late, if you stop now and do nothing she will have a baby... If you opt for an abortion, she won't have a baby. Simple as that. To kill or not to kill.

Quote Originally Posted by General
    People who defend abortion vigorously are usually the people who have taken a part in one and are trying to free themselves from guilt. You should have worn a condom, made sure she was on birth control, maybe abstain from sex until you are ready to have a child(unlikely). Now it's too late, if you stop now and do nothing she will have a baby... If you opt for an abortion, she won't have a baby. Simple as that. To kill or not to kill.
    This is your method I'm sure.

Earned not given

The good thing is that you found out early. Basically let her know all of the options: you can keep it, give the baby up for adoption, or have an abortion. Let her know that a baby is not in the best interest for either of you. State that you don't have the money for a child and that she doesn't either. Let her know you still have goals in life that you want to accomplish, and that she does too. It's important to make it sound like you BOTH are dealing with this and not that it's only about what you want or what she wants. Also, let her know that you would want to have a child in the best possible scenario, which is you being financially stable and having a stable home. Tell her that because you don't know each other well, that there's a very good chance the baby will stress the two of you so much that it will strain the relationship and cause the two of you to split, leaving the baby without a father. Tell her that you DO NOT want the baby without the full support of both parents. The great thing about finding out early is that an abortion is extremely simple. All she does is take a pill, and the egg gets flushed out of her system (much like a period, only with more blood and tissue). There won't be a fetus so she won't feel so bad about it emotionally and mentally. The faster you convince her that having a child is not in the best interest of either you or her, the better.

However, I do need to add that if she does end up keeping the child, you need to be there and support her 100%. It's only your duty as the father of the child.
    Last edited by chosen_one6; 11-12-2012 at 03:27 PM.

your solution:

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by General
    It's a zygote not a person. You can only abort a baby in the first 20 weeks to the best of my knowledge. At that point it's not a life.

Do you consider guys who *********e to be mass murderers? What about women who have a period?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    The good thing is that you found out early. Basically let her know all of the options: you can keep it, give the baby up for adoption, or have an abortion. Let her know that a baby is not in the best interest for either of you. State that you don't have the money for a child and that she doesn't either. Let her know you still have goals in life that you want to accomplish, and that she does too. It's important to make it sound like you BOTH are dealing with this and not that it's only about what you want or what she wants. Also, let her know that you would want to have a child in the best possible scenario, which is you being financially stable and having a stable home. Tell her that because you don't know each other well, that there's a very good chance the baby will stress the two of you so much that it will strain the relationship and cause the two of you to split, leaving the baby without a father. Tell her that you DO NOT want the baby without the full support of both parents. The great thing about finding out early is that an abortion is extremely simple. All she does is take a pill, and the egg gets flushed out of her system (much like a period, only with more blood and tissue). There won't be a fetus so she won't feel so bad about it emotionally and mentally. The faster you convince her that having a child is not in the best interest of either you or her, the better.

However, I do need to add that if she does end up keeping the child, you need to be there and support her 100%. It's only your duty as the father of the child.
    Consider what is best for the child too. Being raised by people unprepared for parenthood is not conducive to future success.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    It's a zygote not a person. You can only abort a baby in the first 20 weeks to the best of my knowledge. At that point it's not a life.
    That's a pure legal status you are referring to. I some countries it is considered a person, in some it isn't. It's more of philosophical question than a scientific one.

At what point would you consider a fetus a person?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    That's a pure legal status you are referring to. I some countries it is considered a person, in some it isn't. It's more of philosophical question than a scientific one.

At what point would you consider a fetus a person?
    At the point it's aborted it's a mass of cells. Any one anti abortion is a fool, why does it matter what other people do to you? Don't have better things to do with your life other then trying to prevent other people from their own choices about their own bodies? And no I've never taken part in any abortion and neither have any of my friends but they all laugh at these idiots who try and argue it shouldn't be allowed. It's common sense people. If your banning that let's ban people jacking off, same result let's see how quick the douchebags drop their arguments then.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    At the point it's aborted it's a mass of cells. Any one anti abortion is a fool, why does it matter what other people do to you? Don't have better things to do with your life other then trying to prevent other people from their own choices about their own bodies? And no I've never taken part in any abortion and neither have any of my friends but they all laugh at these idiots who try and argue it shouldn't be allowed. It's common sense people. If your banning that let's ban people jacking off, same result let's see how quick the douchebags drop their arguments then.
    A mass of cells is what every living thing is, including you. So why can't your parents choose to abort you right now?

Why is it okay to abort a baby at 20 weeks, but not at 30 weeks? Why not at 40, or 50 weeks? It's still an interesting philosophical question, you don't have to be in favor of or against abortion to see this.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
    Its called protection Jeremy Lin
    Holy shit.

An Icon Forever

time for you to go to babynames.com

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Consider what is best for the child too. Being raised by people unprepared for parenthood is not conducive to future success.
    Cop out...some parents that aren't ready turn out fine. No saying I'm pro-life but I would never encourage an abortion.