Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Official 2012 NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Stupid question but does anyone know how the rest of the draft is decided? By regular season final standings or how far a team has advanced in the playoffs (similar to NFL draft)? I'm trying to figure out the Sixers pick. I'm thinking it would be 15 dispite the fact they went deep into the playoffs.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Stupid question but does anyone know how the rest of the draft is decided? By regular season final standings or how far a team has advanced in the playoffs (similar to NFL draft)? I'm trying to figure out the Sixers pick. I'm thinking it would be 15 dispite the fact they went deep into the playoffs.
    Regular season records decide non lotto. If Sixers were 15th worst team it doesn't matter if they win the title... they get the 15th pick in the draft. Damn Sixers are in a damn good position and get best of both worlds. Game 7 of semis AND get a chance to draft a great player. I'm bummed Clippers won't have a pick... but I understand CP3>pick.

I think either the Hornets or Bobcats will win the lottery. Luck doesn't seem on Charlotte's side (2004 is the last time the team with the worse record won the lottery), so they'll probably end up with the 2nd, 3rd or 4th pick.

I don't see my Raps getting it, but I'll cross my fingers. I think we'll end up getting the projected pick (6-8 range).
    Last edited by Kujo; 05-30-2012 at 02:04 PM.

If we don't get a higher pick, I hope Rivers will be available at 13.
    We need an energetic SG who can score, or a young PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Regular season records decide non lotto. If Sixers were 15th worst team it doesn't matter if they win the title... they get the 15th pick in the draft. Damn Sixers are in a damn good position and get best of both worlds. Game 7 of semis AND get a chance to draft a great player. I'm bummed Clippers won't have a pick... but I understand CP3>pick.
    I figured that but wasnt sure. Damn Sixers made out.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I figured that but wasnt sure. Damn Sixers made out.
    What you guys got is very rare. I don't know if I've ever seen a team place 15th and make the playoffs+a deep run .