Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Margaret Thatcher RIP

It's not that, though. I can tell Rufus is knowledgable on the subject. It's more the lack of compassion that I don't understand. How can you just disregard the weakest members of society & be happy with the message to just 'get on with it' without any contingency plan for their job losses? There was nothing in place to help any of the people she hurt, nor did she show any interest in those people.

I think this'll be my last post on the subject. I can see that we're from entirely different political backgrounds & that any further discussion on Thatcher would get us nowhere. The bottom line is: she is hated by half the country she ruled over. There is a reason for that. Whether you acknowledge that reason as legitimate is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by UK-NJ
    It's not that, though. I can tell Rufus is knowledgable on the subject. It's more the lack of compassion that I don't understand. How can you just disregard the weakest members of society & be happy with the message to just 'get on with it' without any contingency plan for their job losses? There was nothing in place to help any of the people she hurt, nor did she show any interest in those people.

I think this'll be my last post on the subject. I can see that we're from entirely different political backgrounds & that any further discussion on Thatcher would get us nowhere. The bottom line is: she is hated by half the country she ruled over. There is a reason for that. Whether you acknowledge that reason as legitimate is up to you.
    Rufus sounds like a right wing jackass

He's got a right wing mentality, yeah, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know his stuff. I can see his information is solid. It's more the way he interprets that information to use as a base for his opinion that I strongly disagree with.

Rufus is a good guy; just from another planet to me politically.

He's got a right wing mentality, yeah, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know his stuff. I can see his information is solid. It's more the way he interprets that information to use as a base for his opinion that I strongly disagree with.

Rufus is a good guy; just from another planet to me politically.
    He gets his information from Fox News and Bill O'Reilly. That is about as solid as Diarrhea.

Maybe somewhere in Rufus' soul there is good but I doubt anyone has found it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pinhead
    He gets his information from Fox News and Bill O'Reilly. That is about as solid as Diarrhea.

Got any evidence to back that up mate? You keep saying it but that doesn't make it true. You so salty bro.

Wow.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...h-8566042.html

Lady Thatcher’s death could propel The Wizard Of Oz track "Ding Dong! The Witch Is Dead to the top of the charts.

Those who saw her death as a cause for celebration have prompted a download surge for the track.

Within 48 hours of the former Prime Minister’s death, the song has entered the official UK chart at number 10......

....The BBC said it would decide whether to play Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead during Radio 1's top 40 countdown when places are finalised this weekend.

In a statement it said: "The Official Chart Show on Sunday is a historical and factual account of what the British public has been buying and we will make a decision about playing it when the final chart positions are clear."

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    Got any evidence to back that up mate? You keep saying it but that doesn't make it true. You so salty bro.
    He's exactly what his username says he is, a "pinhead".

Which is funny, because that's a classic O'Reilly catchphrase, someone he claims to passionately hate.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

A lot of that is down to Thatcher, Jackass.
    Not at all. Blaming problems on someone else is an excuse and that's exactly what she was against.

Well, he's a dentist. Considering that your english, your teeth probably look like broken pissed on piano keys, maybe he could give you some pointers on how to clean up your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Not at all. Blaming problems on someone else is an excuse and that's exactly what she was against.
    So why are you making excuses for her then?

The government shouldn't be responsible to provide jobs for everybody dude.

The government shouldn't be responsible to provide jobs for everybody dude.
    And yet we see countries that do this, such as Denmark, show a much improved overall quality of life because of such policies.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    And yet we see countries that do this, such as Denmark, show a much improved overall quality of life because of such policies.
    Yeah but are they actual jobs or just a seat in a chair and they just get paid?

I work for a private company and we just fired a dude because he failed two tests and was incompetent in the field.

Guess who he went to work for? The government.

NBA rookie of the year

Yeah but are they actual jobs or just a seat in a chair and they just get paid?

I work for a private company and we just fired a dude because he failed two tests and was incompetent in the field.

Guess who he went to work for? The government.
    What's an "actual job"?

I know you want to evoke the "angry young man" persona here but you're really just coming across as an ill-mannered idiot.

Good post. I have some more understanding of why you and many others feel the way you do.