Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: The Horrible Play By Ricky Rubio Continues

Quote Originally Posted by Force
    The NBA game is so much less physical than the Euroleague and it's much more wide open and very easy for point guards to flourish. Even ones that can't shoot can get MVP consideration in the NBA. I think Rubio will take to the NBA style well in time.

One thing that is certain is that he can absolutely play man to man defense very very well.
    There is no hand checking allowed in the NBA. If he plays the same defense he plays in Europe, he will foul out of every game he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    if Spanoulis was really that good. How come he didnt transfer to another team
    Because his mother was suicidal and he had to live near her because she would be committed otherwise.

So he had to move back to Greece.

FYI, Tony Parker had dinner with him in Athens (they have known each other since youth age tournaments) and he asked him to play with the Spurs. Greg Popovic had also written a note to him to please play with the Spurs, which Parker gave to him.

But he could not because of the health situation of his mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Maga_1
    Maybe. I like the way he play, it's true.
    But give him a try, give him 2 years in NBA or so ..
    Calderon isn't that good and he can put up stats in the NBA. So what?

You and I both know that really good European guards are guys like Navarro and Spanoulis........guys that can be good players at any competition. FIBA, Olympics, Euroleague, domestic leagues, NBA.

Rubio is not one of them.

I understand why you like Rubio. I also appreciate what he tries to do. Play D, pass first, and tries to really play as a play maker to help his team.

He does have a sort of Rondo like play style and I do appreciate that. But the fact of the matter is that he just isn't that good of a player.

In mean honestly Maga........do you really think that he is on Spain's national team on his merits and not just on his name's hype? I mean, surely Raul Lopez would be on their team instead if it was just based on it being earned by your play.

Why would they not use Sada instead of him, when Sada plays better than him on a consistent basis?

Why not select a guy like Rafa Martinez for their team instead? Calderon-Sada is enough at PG. They don't even need Rubio. Why not have a guy like Martinez then on the team since he is a really good player?

I know people keep saying that Rubio is young, and he is, but I can remember for example that Papaloukas was a late bloomer and even at Rubio's age now and being a late bloomer, Papaloukas was better at that age than Rubio is now. And back then, Papaloukas was barely even considered a talent. Hell, I don't think he even made Greece's national team until he was about 26 years old.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-03-2011 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Calderon isn't that good and he can put up stats in the NBA. So what?

You and I both know that really good European guards are guys like Navarro and Spanoulis........guys that can be good players at any competition. FIBA, Olympics, Euroleague, domestic leagues, NBA.

Rubio is not one of them.

I understand why you like Rubio. I also appreciate what he tries to do. Play D, pass first, and tries to really play as a play maker to help his team.

He does have a sort of Rondo like play style and I do appreciate that. But the fact of the matter is that he just isn't that good of a player.

In mean honestly Maga........do you really think that he is on Spain's national team on his merits and not just on his name's hype? I mean, surely Raul Lopez would be on their team instead if it was just based on it being earned by your play.

Why would they not use Sada instead of him, when Sada plays better than him on a consistent basis?

Why not select a guy like Rafa Martinez for their team instead? Calderon-Sada is enough at PG. They don't even need Rubio. Why not have a guy like Martinez then on the team since he is a really good player?

I know people keep saying that Rubio is young, and he is, but I can remember for example that Papaloukas was a late bloomer and even at Rubio's age now and being a late bloomer, Papaloukas was better at that age than Rubio is now. And back then, Papaloukas was barely even considered a talent. Hell, I don't think he even made Greece's national team until he was about 26 years old.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Imagine Pau's mental fragility and then add on a typical woman's insecurity and that is the mind of ricky rubio
    Misogyny and sports goes together like peanut butter and chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTicket
    I don't get why people take such pleasure in hating on Rubio.
    Blame Bill Simmons.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Misogyny and sports goes together like peanut butter and chocolate.

Blame Bill Simmons.
    You can't deny that women are more insecure and think more irrationally than men, usually because they base their decisions on how they are feeling at the moment and not on logic.

Some women have trained themselves to base decisions on logic and not on their emotions but they are at a constant fight with their nature

euroleague, isnt there a forum for the euroleague for you to post on? probably not since no one gives a fuc about the euroleague.

your insecurity about your euroleague is embarrassing.

Local High School Star

If Ricky Rubio has problems to dish assists while playing in that stacked Spanish teams, i don't know how will he do in Minnesota

All Euros are scrubs until proven otherwise. I am American and I refused to believe any hype (euro or American).

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Derrick Rose MVP - now that is just embarrassing.
    Act like he wouldn't dominate that sorry ass place known as the Euroleague.

Dunking on everybody in the park CardiacKemba's Avatar

Bumpedy bump.