Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Default Re: Portland Offers Roy Hibbert Max Deal

Makes me extremely scared for what teams will offer McGee. Really hope Asik, Hibbert drain some teams pockets so he doesn't end up getting a retarded offer.

Offers like this put teams in such a bad spot. The NBA market is such trash. If INDY doesn't match they don't get better. Their trying to build something. How can you not match? Sure you'd save money but you'd be walking away from the goal of winning games. Not matching Hibbert isn't really going to do much longterm. Give you extra cash for FA you probably won't sign.

Your either forced with overpaying somebody to get better or letting them walk and regressing or not improving.

Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    he hasn't really improved as a pro very much.
    Really? You're going to stand by that statement?

I mean, that's just what is going to happen with centers man. They are in high demand to be at the level Roy Hibbert is. He may not even be a top 30 player in the NBA but he is probably a top 3 center and teams need centers, badly.

Very good NBA starter

For all you posters saying the market dictates that centers get over payed do you no realize that these idiot GM's are the market? If they would make offers with a bit of sense and more performance based incentives there wouldn't be a lockout in the first place. As a GM you should consider if at any time during his contract your player will be making more than Lebron James then it's a bad contract. That being said I don't know what the max means if we're talking 17 million then but if it's in the 12-13 million dollar range then that's completely reasonable.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    For all you posters saying the market dictates that centers get over payed do you no realize that these idiot GM's are the market? If they would make offers with a bit of sense and more performance based incentives there wouldn't be a lockout in the first place. As a GM you should consider if at any time during his contract your player will be making more than Lebron James then it's a bad contract. That being said I don't know what the max means if we're talking 17 million then but if it's in the 12-13 million dollar range then that's completely reasonable.
    No kidding. I like how the owners bitch about parity and then you see them pay role players like they're superstars. In theory it's nice to blame the system, but reality says it's the fault of the owners.

Wow. I thought Nene and Chandler were overpayed.

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

RFA Roy Hibbert's four-year, max offer sheet from Portland is worth $58.4M. Pacers center leaning that way. Indy has three days to match.

Hibbert's knees hurt just thinking about that offer.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Ooooh, only 3 days to match? It used to be 7 didn't it? Part of the new CBA?

I like it.

Very good NBA starter

Indiana will match, but I don't wanna hear any crap about how big market teams screw small market teams considering Portland come up with the outlandish offer here.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

While it is a horrible offer for both Portland and Indy, it is one thing that he is 25 years old and not 29 like Joe Johnson was offered.

I can already tell I don't like Portland's GM

Decent playground baller

Lebowski (or anyone else really),

Can you estimate what our cap space would be if we match as well as if we don't match?

Banned

Shelden Williams and Ronny Turiaf 'bout to get 4 year/$40 million deals somewhere.

NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trentknicks

Can only imagine what McGee, Asik, etc will get
    McGee should get less since he's not as good as hibbert

Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS

RFA Roy Hibbert's four-year, max offer sheet from Portland is worth $58.4M. Pacers center leaning that way. Indy has three days to match.
    Are people really laughing at this offer? The league have absolutely no decent centers, a 36 year old PF is still one of the best bigs in the game.

Context is everything, $14.6 mil per year for Hibbert sounds about right. Indiana should offer him a 5 year contract at a lower yearly average, that extra year will make Hibbert sign.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

I think it's also to mess with Indiana's cap space. That's great if you can get Hibbert but realistically, Indy will want to match.

Since the Blazers have no shot at any major free agent, they must deny other teams as much cap space as possible.

We did this to Utah w/ Wes Mathews.
    Last edited by Joshumitsu; 07-01-2012 at 02:09 PM.