Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: What would the 72-10 Bull's record look like playing this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Asukal
    I love how these youngsters think. It seems athletes from 10-20 years ago or more are inferior to today's athlete. Bigger faster stronger right?

On topic, I'd say at least 67 and if totally motivated like they were back then they'd win 70+ no question. That team was on a mission to prove something after losing in 95 and it showed the next three years despite having injuries and all.
    Would you expect anything less? Look at some of the posts on here. You can't really value an opinion from some kid who's balls haven't even dropped yet.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    65 games. The talent level today is much higher people REALLY need to disregard nostalgia, let go of their childhood heroes, and come into this thread with an unbiased mindset. ESPECIALLY 97 Bulls. Oh my god I've never seen a bigger homer in my life it's literally pathetic.
    Lol

How am I being a homer? What did I say that was far fetched? These guys had record setting seasons with key players missing large amounts of games. But im supposed to believe they dont win more if their core stays relatively injury free?

Ive asked this question three times now. What makes the league better now than then?

Ageism clearly present, once again.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    What makes the league better now than then?
    Some kid saying so even though all evidence proves otherwise?

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    That's what I'm saying. And the '97 Bulls could have easily won 3 - 4 more games.
    Just think what they wouldve did with Brian Williams for a whole season. A guy that was comming off a 16/9 season with the Clippers. If that team played today, on a nightly basis, their bigs would be better than the oppositions. Luc Longley would be considered a solid center today. Their biggest weakness back then would be a strength today. Just put Nene and Kendrick Perkins on the heat with Andrea Bargnani (Kukoc) and youd have the 97 Bulls

I just checked the missed games of the core players of the Wilt led Sixer team that won a then record 68 games. Their core missed a total of One game. The 72 lakers that btoke the record with 69 wins? Their core missed 9.

The Bulls in 96? Their core miss 44. In 97? A whopping 70 plus. And thats mot counting Brian Williams only playing 9 games during the regular season

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    I know we are talking about Jordan when people are gushing over facts so inane like they only lost by 10+ once for the whole year. The team with the highest amount of victories in NBA History wasn't blown out much? Say it aint so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    Ageism clearly present, once again.
    Is this RaininTwos-PowerGlove-phoenix18 ?

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Is this RaininTwos-PowerGlove-phoenix18 ?
    Read my mind

Read my mind
    Ive been thinking this for a while, since I know he is in Raptor threads and have not seen RaininTwos post for that period of time.

Man forget about MJ, let's talk about Pip. Scottie in today's league? DAMN!

Samurai Swoosh

Ive been thinking this for a while, since I know he is in Raptor threads and have not seen RaininTwos post for that period of time.
    That too, but the age agenda thing makes it more than obvious.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    Teams back then didn't utilize the 3 point shot like they do today, so it didn't hurt the Bulls. Teams today use the 3 point shot more and are more efficient from there. Notice how the Bulls dropped to 32% from 3 point land when the league moved the 3 line back to it's original spot, Chicago would have been ranked near the bottom in that category if they played in 2012, They really didn't have any consistent 3 point shooters other than Kerr, Kukoc was OK from downtown.
    I agree that the Bulls probably won't be as good as a 3pt shooting team as they were in with the shorten 3pt line.

I don't think teams who would shoot the 3 would hurt the bulls that much though. Despite the shorten 3pt line and the regular one back in 98, the Bulls were one of the top teams in the league at defending the 3. They also face the Indiana Pacers in 98, who shot at 39% from 3 along with one of the best shooters ever with Reggie Miller and Chris Mullen shot 44% from 3 that year. So, they are capable of defending it.

But, teams now shoot the 3 a bit more though. That's for sure. Even in the playoffs, teams shoot the 3 more than back then.

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    Man forget about MJ, let's talk about Pip. Scottie in today's league? DAMN!
    Yeah, I touched on that in my previous post. He would be great for todays game.

That too, but the age agenda thing makes it more than obvious.
    True, but there was also the "I know we are talking about Jordan when people are gushing over facts..." line. I notice him and Mr.Im so Rad do that a lot in Jordan related threads.

Samurai Swoosh

True, but there was also the "I know we are talking about Jordan when people are gushing over facts..." line. I notice him and Mr.Im so Rad do that a lot in Jordan related threads.
    Yup.

Still remember that "MJ Overrated" thread a few weeks back where he got clowned.

It's him RaininTwos never took any kind of sabbatical from these boards, and like RRR3 was one of those higher ups in post counts on a daily / weekly / monthly basis.

I don't believe he just disappeared or something.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Lol

How am I being a homer? What did I say that was far fetched? These guys had record setting seasons with key players missing large amounts of games. But im supposed to believe they dont win more if their core stays relatively injury free?

Ive asked this question three times now. What makes the league better now than then?
    Dude you are FAR AND AWAY with ABSOLUTE EASE the biggest homer on this site. I'm not even joking at all it pisses me off every single time I see you post. You had the fu*king audacity once to say Scottie Pippen was better than LEBRON JAMES. You literally think every single player who played on that Bulls team is god's gift to earth. EVERY SINGLE THREAD about the Jordan Bulls is the ONLY threads you post in and you say something rediculously stupid at least once in all of them.