Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    That sucks man, I actually tried running min specs just to see what they looked like, and I don't notice a lot of difference between lowest and highest actually.
    I'd upgrade laptop graphics chip but I heard it's a bit*h. I've done desktop ones, never laptop.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

So I downloaded Gamebooster and it's helped a ton. It kills all processes you don't need and optimizes computer for gaming, including it's own power setting mode etc.

I'm also having less lag as a Sith. I think it's because the Jedi lands are big open forest compared to all the ships/tombs of Sith which are smaller and less detailed.

I'm continuing to play it until somebody offers me Skyrim.

I have a level 50 SI Sorcerer on EU PvP server. Farming Commendations and Heroics now.

Imma level 15 consular sage. Im pretty good, but I cant get by by this mysterious sith guy.. he keeps pulling out the victory at the last second.. Its driving me nuts

I should be able to beat this guy. I might have to go back and do some more missions until im like level 17 ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Imma level 15 consular sage. Im pretty good, but I cant get by by this mysterious sith guy.. he keeps pulling out the victory at the last second.. Its driving me nuts

I should be able to beat this guy. I might have to go back and do some more missions until im like level 17 ...

Even with your companion tanking?

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

I can give you a hand on it later if that's the guy you made on The Maw. Since I can enter your phase as a non consular.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrant 2
    Even with your companion tanking?
    My Transdoshan partner is going at him, but the sith just rips the guy apart very fast...

Im throwing dirt & rocks at this guy. Im using force channel, I got a shield on me and my companion, we both have force valor going........ And I still cant beat him...

I can give you a hand on it later if that's the guy you made on The Maw. Since I can enter your phase as a non consular.
    Im learning that this might be the only way to beat the guy... Get another player to come in with me and finish this smart mouth sith guy...

Im gonna play a little later, I'll post my server and other info when I go and figure it out

Im on the lord Idelis Server.. I beat the sith last night after I got to level 16. I got me a space ship and now Im on Taris.

Just finished up the missions on Tatooine and have now landed in Alderaan. Got my Sith Assassin at level 31 now, really looking forward to seeing how the story develops. Got so much more motivation to play this than I ever had playing WoW.

Ya @ lvl 17 he's easily beatable. I tried at 15 too haha

We should pick a server for ISH posters. What server are you on? Im on the Lord Ieldis server. Im still doing my class/game missions, but I want to hook up with some ISH cats to do some flashpoints and some heroics too. I also need to get that guap up boy!!!

I need 40,000 credits so I can stop hiking the hot deserts of Tatooine while I see people cruising around on speeders..

planets are big and I spend too much time hiking

Been 50 for a few weeks now and having fun in the endgame flashpoints, pvp, and operations.

Started a new Operative and got him up to 15!

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ukballer
    Just finished up the missions on Tatooine and have now landed in Alderaan. Got my Sith Assassin at level 31 now, really looking forward to seeing how the story develops. Got so much more motivation to play this than I ever had playing WoW.
    Yeah, the story was well done although I didn't care much for the Sith Sorcerer 's saga. A few exploits (speedhacks) starting to appear in warzones. That's to be expected with new pvp games. I like huttball - a lot. The flashpoints I don't even bother with anymore. Between the time it takes to find a group, and complete the flashpoint itself, I'm just not interested. A month and a half in, I can't say how long I'll sub once I finish the single player stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsic
    Yeah, the story was well done although I didn't care much for the Sith Sorcerer 's saga. A few exploits (speedhacks) starting to appear in warzones. That's to be expected with new pvp games. I like huttball - a lot. The flashpoints I don't even bother with anymore. Between the time it takes to find a group, and complete the flashpoint itself, I'm just not interested. A month and a half in, I can't say how long I'll sub once I finish the single player stuff.
    I'm slowly working my way through my Assassin's story still, currently level 37. I don't play a huge amount, maybe only 3-4 hours or more a week. I absolutely love the story so far and can't wait to see how everything unfolds. I rarely bother with Flashpoints either. Sometimes I just wait until they're grey in my mission log and go solo them. I know the XP from that is minimal, but sometimes it takes forever to try and get a group together. Same goes for Heroics. I always try and get these done, but like Flashpoints, sometimes it takes a long time to get a group together, especially if someone in the group is really **** about getting 4 different character specs together and won't allow 2 tanks, 2 DPS etc. This is especially annoying at not so populated planets like Taris. I've got a load of HC +4 quests to do, but hardly anyone else seems to be looking for a group at the same time I am. I don't mind doing HC's at all, but I'm more of a solo type player.

Once I get my Assassin's story done, I think I might roll a Jedi of somesort and work through that.

EDIT: I rarely bother with Space missions either, just no motivation to play through them for whatever reason.

Local High School Star intrinsic's Avatar

I do like the space missions. It goes back to one of my favorite pc games of all time x-wing, and x-wing vs tie fighter.

Took the Sorcerer through the first act, and then switched over republic to a vanguard. I won't say why I liked this story better than the other, spoilers. Fortunately, I was able to see most of the heroic quests during the first two weeks when the server, and most every planet, was high pop. Now, I skip them unless I can go by myself, or someone is asking in /1.

Yeah, those rigid player who want to fit this game within the framework of their WoW experience, I don't have time for. The game is fun when I get to kill stuff. I don't want to be lectured by some guy about the perfect strategy for a level 23 quest. It isn't that serious!