Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Wilt Chamberlain would average "25 and 15, EASY"

Steve Smith in a video honoring Wilt Chamberlains birthday 2 days ago said he would average 25 and 15 EASY.

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...t_birthday.nba

My opinion? Depending on his role, if it was the same as it was with the 76ers, not the main scoring option it seems reasonable. Number 1 scoring option being 34-38. (Could be more but NO ONE gets more than 28 touches today..Ala Jordan, Kobe, Iverson) But only 15 rebounds? Now this isn't a knock on love, an amazing rebounder is an amazing rebounder...but, being only 6'7 1/2 without the inflated height, and not being anything 'special' (I say that loosely) athletically or measurement wise getting 15.2? I'm going to guess Chamberlain would AT LEAST get Dennis Rodman numbers.

What do you guys think? Does it seem reasonable?

I know you guys have probably seen this, but this video of kevin love is hilarious... Love VS SUMO

I @ 1:16...pause and look at his face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsUJCpMJ8Gw

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

A lot of people don't like my posts so Ill leave you with a joke

"pedophiles are fu.cking immature assholes"

And

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&p...w=1346&bih=828

Last edited by jongib369; 08-23-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Wilt Chamberlain would average "25 and 15, EASY"

I think he would be like Shaq. Maybe better on D though.

Former Bulls Fan.

Stfu

Banned

ive always been a firm believer that big men would transition 10000 times easier into todays nba than a guard/small forward would

guys like jerry west wouldnt stand a chance with 1 handed dribbles and no break down moves. he would be turned into a spot up shooter at best

the guards of today would break the sH(i)t out of his ankles too

some big men on the other hand never really relied much on skill and did mostly everything with athletic ability, size and timing

wilt would easly be one of the best players if he was put into todays nba

he would average around 27/16... about what steve smith said

people forget the rules are different now and he would be doubled every time he touched the ball almost... the rules arnt made for bigs to dominate today

he'd never come close to scoring 100 or averaging 50... but he would be arguably the MVP of the nba if placed into todays league.

Quote Originally Posted by LosBulls
    Stfu
    Me? No. You? probably should. 2,551 posts and only 1 green rep? Looks like you've never posted anything of value/ are a rude asshole all the time. Don't like my posts, just move on lol

Poor man's Javale Mcgee at best..

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    ive always been a firm believer that big men would transition 10000 times easier into todays nba than a guard/small forward would

guys like jerry west wouldnt stand a chance with 1 handed dribbles and no break down moves. he would be turned into a spot up shooter at best

the guards of today would break the sH(i)t out of his ankles too

some big men on the other hand never really relied much on skill and did mostly everything with athletic ability, size and timing

wilt would easly be one of the best players if he was put into todays nba

he would average around 27/16... about what steve smith said

people forget the rules are different now and he would be doubled every time he touched the ball almost... the rules arnt made for bigs to dominate today

he'd never come close to scoring 100 or averaging 50... but he would be arguably the MVP of the nba if placed into todays league.
    Thanks for the post, although I disagree with your assessment on Jerry ( he wasn't the best with his left, but it was preferred to use your strong hand back then. And dribbling rules were more tight to begin with so in today's game/training he would be a LOT fancier with the ball. And he could use iut when need be) And he was known for his defense as well so IMO he would adjust great as well. BUT that's just my opinion so anyone of us could be right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8rjREaql2U that's very impressive to me. His shot is beautiful

I agree that NBA rules are MADE to hurt big men today (He had to deal with that back then also because of the NBA trying to curtail his dominance which is well known) But the double teams wouldn't effect him as much as you may think. I've seen footage of him in college with literally 3 to 4 guys surrounding him...And when he was the main scoring option relied upn to shoot as much as he did, the celtics for example SWARMED him. But later on when he was asked to change his role, they stopped because they knew he'd just pass it out to someone on that amazing 76er squad

If you want, here is a video of Wilt on the lakers going against the Bulls. Some GREAT passes in this that would be a pain in a ass to deal with if you started doubling him. Just like Shaq, but possibly to an even bigger extent.

Once again thanks for the post and offering up something of value unlike
    Losbulls

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Of course Wilt would dominate in today's game. Especially with the clown big men in the league today. Easily lead the league in rebounding and could lead the league in scoring if he wanted to. He'd also lead the league in blocked shots, probably field goal percentage, and be the top passing big man.

Quote Originally Posted by KOBE143
    Poor man's Javale Mcgee at best..

I actually agree with you on that. if a surgeon removed 98% of his brain and lost 90 % of his strength and a host of other things. That's VERY reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    I think he would be like Shaq. Maybe better on D though.
    Very reasonable it's all what ifs.. Personally I'd say a Rich Man's Shaq. Thanks for posting something with some value unlike some people

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

He'll have a couple of seasons averaging 30+/20/5+bls, easy

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    He'll have a couple of seasons averaging 30+/20/5+bls, easy
    Thanks for the post! I can see him putting those numbers up. 20 would be my TOP guesstimate for rebounds, but I said Dennis's 18 range just to not get a bunch of trolls shit on my opinion lol

3-time NBA All-Star

Not only did Love average 15.2 rpg, but it came in 35.8 mpg, in an NBA that averaged 41.4 rpg per team.

To give you an idea of Chamberlain's capability, a 36 year old Wilt, in his LAST post-season, averaged 22.5 rpg in 17 playoff games, in an NBA post-season that averaged 50.6 rpg. Furthermore, he outrebounded the league's second best rebounder H2H that post-season, the 6-11 Thurmond (who had a higher standing reach than Wilt BTW) by a 23.6 rpg to 17.2 rpg margin (hell, a PRIME Kareem, in the SAME post-season, averaged 16.2 rpg against Thurmond.) That 22.5 rpg ould have translated to nearly 19 rpg in LAST year's post-season!

Now, once again, that was a 36 year old Chamberlain, and on a surgically repaired knee. Just what in the hell would a PRIME Wilt have been capable of? A PRIME Chamberlain who had THREE entire seasons of leading the NBA in scoring, rebounding, and FG%, at the SAME time?

Of course, we are constantly reminded of "pace" with any of Wilt's records...yet, he was basically the ONLY guy putting up those HUGE numbers. How about this...

Career 60+ point games:

The rest of the NBA, in it's entire history, had 30 60+ point games...COMBINED.

How about Wilt? 32. The next best players, Kobe and MJ, each had FIVE.

Career 70+ point games:

Aside from Wilt...FOUR (with no player having more than one.)

Wilt? SIX.

Career 30-30 games:

Aside from Chamberlain, there have been 36 30-30 games in NBA history, and Russell is the leader of that group, with 7 (Bellamy and Thurmond are next with 3 each.)

How about Wilt? 132.

40-30 (or 30-40) games: Other than Wilt, the NBA has had 9 40-30 games, with Baylor being the only player to have 2.

Chamberlain? 73

50-30 games: Pettit and Baylor each with 1

Wilt? 32

60-20 games: Aside from Wilt, there have been four (Baylor with 3 and Shaq with 1)

Chamberlain? 28

60-30 games: Baylor with 1

Wilt? 8

40-40 games: There have been 8 in the history of the NBA, and Chamberlain had all of them.

50-40 games: Obviously, Wilt would be the only player to have ever have accomplsihed that feat, which he did 5 times.

70-30 games: Chamberlain has the only 2, 78-43 and 73-36 (against Bellamy.)

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Not only did Love average 15.2 rpg, but it came in 35.8 mpg, in an NBA that averaged 41.4 rpg per team.

To give you an idea of Chamberlain's capability, a 36 year old Wilt, in his LAST post-season, averaged 22.5 rpg in 17 playoff games, in an NBA post-season that averaged 50.6 rpg. Furthermore, he outrebounded the league's second best rebounder H2H that post-season, the 6-11 Thurmond (who had a higher standing reach than Wilt BTW) by a 23.6 rpg to 17.2 rpg margin (hell, a PRIME Kareem, in the SAME post-season, averaged 16.2 rpg against Thurmond.) That 22.5 rpg ould have translated to nearly 19 rpg in LAST year's post-season!

Now, once again, that was a 36 year old Chamberlain, and on a surgically repaired knee. Just what in the hell would a PRIME Wilt have been capable of? A PRIME Chamberlain who had THREE entire seasons of leading the NBA in scoring, rebounding, and FG%, at the SAME time?

Of course, we are constantly reminded of "pace" with any of Wilt's records...yet, he was basically the ONLY guy putting up those HUGE numbers. How about this...
    Thanks for the great post! It's interesting see that his RPG translate to about what I assume he would average today.

And the most impressive stat from what you posted IMO is the

73-36 against a HOF player Bellamy...How many players can say they dominated a HOF player like that??...People tout kobe's 81 over Wilts 100 because of "competition"....Ill take Jordan's 63 point game against the Celtics, Wilts 73 against Bellamy, and even Kobe's 62 point game vs the Mavs over his 81 anyday