Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
       

Default Re: ESPN Spin On Lance Armstrong Cheating - "He's like Robin Hood".

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Essentially ESPN has decided that Lance Armstrong did what he did in order to benefit mankind, he didn't cheat for himself, to win, for the fame and the money and the hot women, he cheated specifically to make his cancer charity (which provides money for eduction btw, not research. What does that mean exactly). Lance is a modern day robin hood. Everything he did was to cure cancer. NEver for himself.

I'm both impressed and horrified by this spin. If it becomes a mainstream story i'll be both even more.
    and are you going to be responsible for creating every fukcing thread on ISH regarding lance armstrong from here on out?

i mean, so you just created a 'lance armstrong thread on oprah' a day or two ago... now you're apparently not thrilled how its been going and so its time for ANOTHER NEW THREAD to start over with your own original confirmation bias completely intact?

really?

and this is swaying HOW MANY of the people who originally disagreed with you how, exactly?

please do enlighten me, sir...

Hume>Kunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Pathetic reasoning. Jerry Sandusky ran a charity that helped a lot more boys than he was able to get his dick into, and continues to help them. I don't hear anyone giving him a free pass.

Lance Armstrong is a vile human who should be shot at the next sunrise.
    If you are comparing those boys to the "ruined" lives of Armstrong's detractors, then you are way off base. I'm not buying it that his detractors were of noble intentions. They were in a sport with a systemic prisoner's dilemma to be the best. They were a part of an already dirty sport and they were calling out the best doper because he was on top. It is bullshit to sit there and think you wouldn't lash out at people attacking your own livelihood, especially when they are also eating the forbidden fruit to gain success.

I am more than capable of understanding why many people would rightfully dislike the guy after going out of his way of denying his PED use. That being said, I don't seem to understand why some people are choosing to paint him as some f*cking monster. "Shot at next sunrise." Really?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

LOL at giving Lance a free pass because he ran a charity.

Reminds me of the wealthy Romans bribing church officials to get into heaven. Here's some money I'm a good person now right?

And you guys know the reason Lance waited til now to confess is the statue of limitations period has passed for his lawsuits against various media outlets that claimed he was doping. If he were to have admitted it a year ago they could've sued him for suing them.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

ESPN, and everyone else really, seems to be getting at him. Idk what you were looking at Niko but they are constantly making him look like an arrogant fool.

And really it fits.

I wonder, I haven't followed Armstrong really because cycling is so far from my peripheral until someone says: "An American won the Tour de France" but was Lance generally liked by the media? Like was he a difficult guy with them, or did most the media like him?

   

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    And you guys know the reason Lance waited til now to confess is the statue of limitations period has passed for his lawsuits against various media outlets that claimed he was doping. If he were to have admitted it a year ago they could've sued him for suing them.
    wow... i've always wanted to see the fabled statue of limitations. that's awesome, dude!

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    wow... i've always wanted to see the fabled statue of limitations. that's awesome, dude!

statute.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

why the **** are some of you even defending Armstrong??? tha **** is wrong is you?? he is a cheater and liar deserves to be thrown in jail or hanged

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Anyone who can beat cancer is a champion in my book. I don't care about his titles or the fact that he used enhancers.
    the beating of cancer doesn't come down to how good of a person you are. Does anyone who dies of cancer become a loser?

lmfao at media fiends who get fooled by an asshole cause he rand a charity and I thought people like that were only in movies, nobody could be that stupid.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Did he admit to lying about having cancer to Oprah? With all his lies and tactics it wouldn't surprise me to one day find out he faked cancer as well, dude is a compulsive liar in a sport full of drug cheats. The whole PED thing does not bother me cause a large % of athletes do it but its all the lies outside of it to make himself look good that I question.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Good guy Lance.

Pathetic reasoning. Jerry Sandusky ran a charity that helped a lot more boys than he was able to get his dick into, and continues to help them. I don't hear anyone giving him a free pass.