Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Who should the Utah Jazz get in the offseason?

If you expected Harris to be a superstar, he's probably some sort of dissapointment, but if you just want a top 15 starting Pg in this league, there you have it. There aren't many better veteran options out there. He's better than the Felton,Sessions types that are on the marekt right now. He may have had an outlier year a few years back, but he's a solid bet every night for 16-7 with good D. Unlikely to decline before his contract ends.

BTW,what has Miller won again? He's a good playmaker and I like him, but I feel Portland wants to go another direction from both him and Batum(who not only duplicates Wallace but Matthews).

Hayward doesn't have to guard much of anyone to back up Wallace. Just be Mile Miller for me or whatever. to be a starter he needs to defend better, but I think he can honestly. I only made the point that he was better than Babbitt to better illustrate the trade value.

Of course Wallace will play the 4 if asked, he's a true pro. Doesn't mean its best for the team, which should be the main concern of Portland's GM. Field the best team possible. Wallace at the 4 is not your best team.

I just think in the end you undervalue Harris. He might be a guy Utah would like out of the way since they are rebuilding, but he has value around the league and they cannot give him away. You can get a good asset for him.

Oh, and Portland would get rid of Roy if they could but they can't.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

if you just want a top 15 starting Pg in this league, there you have it. There aren't many better veteran options out there. He's better than the Felton,Sessions types that are on the marekt right now.
    Considering that pg has become the premier position in the league it's certainly arguable as to rather he is top 15 or better than Felton for that matter.

what has Miller won again?
    Denver and Philly were much better with him than without him. George Karl certainly preferred him to AI. He makes his teams better. Harris certainly hasn't shown that. So that means more than any stats or accolades or contracts, etc. to me.

Doesn't mean its best for the team, which should be the main concern of Portland's GM. Field the best team possible. Wallace at the 4 is not your best team.
    And I'm sure they don't plan on him being there just as they didn't plan on Roy's career being derailed early or Oden being hurt or Aldridge playing in the middle, etc.

I just think in the end you undervalue Harris. He might be a guy Utah would like out of the way since they are rebuilding, but he has value around the league and they cannot give him away. You can get a good asset for him.
    He's overvalued at 10 million plus a year. I never said they can't get something for him. They better after what they gave up for him. Just don't see Portland giving up Wallace for him.

Portland would get rid of Roy if they could but they can't.
    Never say never as the Arenas/Lewis deal proved once again.

Decent college freshman

It is not debatable whether Raymond Felton is better than him, by any measure.

9-10 mil is a very fair price for a quality starting PG. Jose Calderon is overvalued at that price, Kirk Hinrich is overvalued at that price. Harris is worth that money. I'm not even a huge Harris fan, but you are downgrading him too much. Premier position or not, he's still a very good starter.

Denver wasn't much different with Iverson or Miller. I do like Miller, I just think Portland wants something different from the position.

I'm talking about getting Batum for him now

Again, yes, they will play Wallace there is something unplanned happens. That doesn't change what their plans will be. For that reason, Batum has to be available. I can't imagien what you would shoot for that is more than Harris. You aren't getting Chris Paul for him.

It is not debatable whether Raymond Felton is better than him, by any measure.
    Sure it is. They're in the same range

9-10 mil is a very fair price for a quality starting PG. Jose Calderon is overvalued at that price, Kirk Hinrich is overvalued at that price. Harris is worth that money. I'm not even a huge Harris fan, but you are downgrading him too much. Premier position or not, he's still a very good starter.
    I'd put these guys in the same range too. Calderon like Harris had an all-star type year once. Hinrich isn't really a pg so as a bench player he can't get enough minutes to earn that money and he's too short to start at the 2 but for the Hawks he was able to start at the one because the ball was in JJ and Crawford's hands and he could play off the ball so he can play big minutes and is arguably worth the money if you think borderline starters are worth that kind of money which all these guys are. Harris was at his best as a role player in Dallas. I'd say Calderon is a better fit for Utah tooC

I just think Portland wants something different from the position.
    Great! Maybe Harris is better for them? Andre would certainly be better for the Jazz both as a player and a contract.

Again, yes, they will play Wallace there is something unplanned happens. That doesn't change what their plans will be. For that reason, Batum has to be available.
    Why does he have to be available? Batum is very young still. Wallace is called Crash for a reason. Him, Camby and Roy will miss time. That's a given regardless of Oden(who still sounds far away even if he ever stays healthy) . There's still plenty of minutes to go around.

I can't imagine what you would shoot for that is more than Harris. You aren't getting Chris Paul for him.
    That's why I don't see them trading Wallace for him.

Iguodala is available ... and if they could get in the Top 3, they would be able to add a big man. I think the Sixers regret passing on Derrick Favors or DeMarcus Cousins in last year's draft. This could help rectify it. I'd have serious interest if I were the Jazz or Cavs. Iguodala is under rated. Warriors and Clippers have also been trying to get him. If the Sixers are at 16, most likely they go big with a guy like Tristan Thompson, Markieff Morris or Nikola Vucevic. Kenneth Faried is also a possibility here.

Teams are telling me that trade talk really started picking up on Tuesday. Cavs are looking at potential deals using the No. 4 pick and either Baron Davis or Ramon Sessions. Jazz looking for deals. Would be open to discussing Paul Millsap or Devin Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    If anyone has a better list of this years free agent class, please post.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...eeAgents-11-12

Who do you guys think we could/should get in the off season, or should we resign Andrei? If Andrei leaves, we have a gap at the SF position, there's quite a few solid SF's out there that could be a good replacement for AK-47, any other positions you think we should fill (like the SG position maybe). CJ Miles is actually a free agent this year, but it's a team option, so I'm thinking we'll keep him.

Personally I think we should maybe try going after Tayshaun Prince, or even Caron Butler, even though he is injured.
    Jimmer Fredette ;)

Not looking to likely. He appears to be moving up.

Saw a basketball once bletchley's Avatar

this trade seems very fair for each team , isn't it ?
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3eewu4x

Doesn't make sense for anyone involved. No one other than Orlando wants Hedo. Bulls need a two guard and they give up two that played well for them for one that is done. Jefferson would just clog up the middle in Orlando where they already have Howard.

Saw a basketball once bletchley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Doesn't make sense for anyone involved. No one other than Orlando wants Hedo. Bulls need a two guard and they give up two that played well for them for one that is done. Jefferson would just clog up the middle in Orlando where they already have Howard.
    we all know he feeds big guys and he can make kanter-favors better and utah doesn't have a good passer like him
    orlando should make some changes in their team , it is obvious so al-howard would be great in inside and they already have j-rich , reddick arenas nelson q-rich outside i think that trade would make them a better team ..
    chicago obviously need another pg and duhon fits here i guess and raja bell would be a good addition to their team ..

Utah has plenty of guys that can pass that don't have his crappy contract. He might be a good fit if not for the contract and the fact he has failed in both Toronto and Phoenix since signing it.

Orlando has made plenty of changes. Maybe they need to let them get used to each other 1st?Jefferson and Howard together doesn't make a lot of sense.

I'd take Watson over Duhon and his crappy contract myself. I can't see them wanting the washed up Bell over what they already have either.

C.J. Miles is sticking around. The Jazz picked up his $3.7 million team option for the 2011-12 season on Wednesday.
    He would have become an unrestricted free agent if Utah declined the option. "Thank all the fans for the support and the organization for belief that [I] can help this team. ... Now I'm back to work," Miles said on his Twitter account. Salt Lake Tribune

Certainly doesn't mean he's sticking around. Hayward and Burks make him very expendable.