Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirk or T-Mac

Dirk's drive and 3-point play in the last seconds of Game 7 during the WCF in San Antonio to force overtime was of far, far greater value than T-mac's 13-in-35.

I go with Dirk because he seems to be in his prime while McGrady is slowly downgrading.

Saw a basketball once

T-Mac has been my favorite player for years now.
    I watched Raptors games because of him, I watched Magic games because of him ,I watch the Rockets because of him....but really as of now I can't take him over Dirk.
    T-Mac peaked in Orlando and has been going downhill since.
    He isn't anymore the athletic freak he used to be, he isn't the slasher he used to be. Since coming to Houston he has sadly become a jumpshooter, and not even a good one...
    Give me 02/03 T-Mac over Dirk anyday but we are not in 2003 anymore so now I'll take Dirk.

I think i'd take a healthy Tmac over almost anyone in the NBA.

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

This is a hilarious question.
    Tmac had Dirk down 0-2 heading to Houston and proceeded to get punked in 4 of the next 5 games, inculding a 40 pt game 7 beatdown.
    lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joewait
    This is a hilarious question.
    Tmac had Dirk down 0-2 heading to Houston and proceeded to get punked in 4 of the next 5 games, inculding a 40 pt game 7 beatdown.
    lol
    A one man show only works for so long in the playoffs. The MAvs had a better team and thats why they won. McGrady couldnt keep that up for 4 wins because the MAvs figured out how to stop him, or the rest of his team. Dirk has done very little with the amazing teams he has been on so he doesnt have room to talk.

Dirk has played with stars and great role players his whole carreer but ha nothing to show but missed free throw in the finals.

Healthy TMAC is a top 5 player in the NBA.

But in conclusion I'll take a healthy TMAC over Dirk. Dirk has always had stacked teams while TMAC plays with bums.

Another thing is Dirk gets a pass. IF Lebron or Kobe had just one of his star studded teams and didnt win the ship you would never hear the end of it.

J. Terry/D. Harris
    Kobe or LEbron/ Stackhouse
    Josh HOward/ MArquis Daniels
    African Dude/ KVH
    Dampier/ Diop
    Last edited by Younggrease; 09-21-2006 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    A one man show only works for so long in the playoffs. The MAvs had a better team and thats why they won. McGrady couldnt keep that up for 4 wins because the MAvs figured out how to stop him, or the rest of his team. Dirk has done very little with the amazing teams he has been on so he doesnt have room to talk.

Dirk has played with stars and great role players his whole carreer but ha nothing to show but missed free throw in the finals.

Healthy TMAC is a top 5 player in the NBA.

But in conclusion I'll take a healthy TMAC over Dirk. Dirk has always had stacked teams while TMAC plays with bums.

Another thing is Dirk gets a pass. IF Lebron or Kobe had just one of his star studded teams and didnt win the ship you would never hear the end of it.

J. Terry/D. Harris
    Kobe or LEbron/ Stackhouse
    Josh HOward/ MArquis Daniels
    African Dude/ KVH
    Dampier/ Diop
    If you think that team would win a title you are retarded. Kobe had a similar version to that team 2 years ago with a lesser pg, a similar sf and a very good pf and he didnt make the damn playoffs so what makes you think he would win the title with them? Lebron has HAD diop and Z whom is an upgrade over damp. I love lebron but BS like this is what bothers me. The mavs have talent yes but its not like their the most talented team of all time that didnt win a title or anything. Geez. Im glad to know that the mavs are star studded when they dont have another star. They have talent yes but star studded is definitely NOT a valid description. Josh howard is not a star. Jason terry is NOT a star. No one else is even close though devin could get there. I think its funny that the same people that rip the mavs players when its time to talk title talk, come back and use the greatness of the players they just ripped to bring dirk down.

To show the kobe team i am talking about
    Atkins-pure shooter like jet though clearly not as good
    Kobe
    Caron butler-an argument can be made that he is either better or worse than howard depending on how you want to go so ill just call em even
    Odom- better than anyone but dirk currently on the mavs and alot better than some random african guy
    Mihm- not as good as damp but not dog crap either.

Are yall crazy? A healthy T-Mac is one of the best SF in the game. People are knocking T-Mac for not getting his team out the first round, while Dirk did, but who has had the better teams? Replace Dirk with T-Mac on the Magic and Orlando would have did just as bad, or even worst. Until he came to Houston, he hasn't been on a decent team.

Dirk wasn't even a factor in that 7 game series. He got locked down by RYAN BOWEN of all people. And speaking on that horrible game 7, T-Mac and Yao came to play. They did their jobs, but their teammates didn't do a damn thing which resulted in the blowout.

A healthy T-Mac over Dirk any day because just like most international players, Dirk doesn't have that killer instinct to take over the game when needed the most.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    If you think that team would win a title you are retarded. Kobe had a similar version to that team 2 years ago with a lesser pg, a similar sf and a very good pf and he didnt make the damn playoffs so what makes you think he would win the title with them? Lebron has HAD diop and Z whom is an upgrade over damp. I love lebron but BS like this is what bothers me. The mavs have talent yes but its not like their the most talented team of all time that didnt win a title or anything. Geez. Im glad to know that the mavs are star studded when they dont have another star. They have talent yes but star studded is definitely NOT a valid description. Josh howard is not a star. Jason terry is NOT a star. No one else is even close though devin could get there. I think its funny that the same people that rip the mavs players when its time to talk title talk, come back and use the greatness of the players they just ripped to bring dirk down.
    Similar???

Chucky Atkins/ Tierre Brown
    Kobe/
    Caron Butler/Luke Walton(rookie)
    Lamar Odom/ Brian Cook
    Chris Mihm/?

Banned

To show the kobe team i am talking about
    Atkins-pure shooter like jet though clearly not as good
    Kobe
    Caron butler-an argument can be made that he is either better or worse than howard depending on how you want to go so ill just call em even
    Odom- better than anyone but dirk currently on the mavs and alot better than some random african guy
    Mihm- not as good as damp but not dog crap either.
    so are u saying Dirk would bring them to the finals.... that team is not similar at all and LO was playing out of position. LO is not unquestionable better than any1 other Dirk on the MAvs.

so are u saying Dirk would bring them to the finals.... that team is not similar at all and LO was playing out of position. LO is not unquestionable better than any1 other Dirk on the MAvs.
    Yes he is. Hes a better defender/rebounder/passer than Josh and Jet while being fairly close in scoring to both. No, dirk wouldnt have gottten them to the finals, he would have gotten them 50 wins and probably to the second round though.

Chucky
    Caron
    Odom
    Dirk
    Mihm

Not alot different than the mavs starting lineup. Alot better at the 2. Better at the 3. Worse at the 1 and 5.

Banned

Yes he is. Hes a better defender/rebounder/passer than Josh and Jet while being fairly close in scoring to both. No, dirk wouldnt have gottten them to the finals, he would have gotten them 50 wins and probably to the second round though.

Chucky
    Caron
    Odom
    Dirk
    Mihm

Not alot different than the mavs starting lineup. Alot better at the 2. Better at the 3. Worse at the 1 and 5.
    Dirk won 52 games that year with:

Steve NAsh
    Finley/ Daniels
    Jamison/ Walker/ Josh Howard
    Dirk
    Fortson/ Shawne Bradley

There is no way Dirk gets them 50 wins. HE could barely do it with that team
    Last edited by Younggrease; 09-21-2006 at 12:08 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I think LO is better than Jet and Howard especially how he played in the playoffs.

EAch player plays according to the players around them. I guess u could say Howard got "lucky" by being on the mavs and having those great players around him but remember we got him late so dont blame him.

I think Tmac is a great player and lucky at the same time. He was hitting some of the most ridiculous shots aganist the mavs. He would be 10 ft behind the 3 pt line turn around jack up a three over three people and swish it. Lucky ass shiz but then the mavs turned it around and beat them which was awesome.

Dallas-1
    Spurs-2
    Houston-3.
    Last edited by Hawker; 09-21-2006 at 12:05 PM.

Odom was out 21 games as well factor that in. And dont forget about the horrible bench. There is no way Dirk gets them 50 wins.
    Josh Howard, devin harris, Adrian Griffin, Marquis Daniels, Jerry Stackhouse and KVH all missed at least 21 games last year off the top of my head.
    Last edited by raiderfan19; 09-21-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Dirk won 52 games that year with:

Steve NAsh
    Finley/ Daniels
    Jamison/ Walker/ Josh Howard
    Dirk
    Fortson/ Shawne Bradley

There is no way Dirk gets them 50 wins. HE could barely do it with that team
    Nice of you to change your post after it was completely pointless. That team was a victim of taking a step back to take 2 forward. They were rebuilding that year. The talent on that team is unquestionable BUT 3 of the 4 best players were pfs and for whatever reason don nelson decided that giving Walker the ball was a better idea than giving dirk and nash the ball.