Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: The Knicks preseason games thread

Quote Originally Posted by franchize
    They've been trying to hammer this "Tyson's working on his jumpshot" agenda all summer long. Every time they post a pic on Facebook it's of this bum "working on his outside game." Dude can't even make layups consistently. I'm not buying it. I think it may lead to some early losses...and to no fault of his own. We're going to try and start force feeding him the ball to show what he's been working on. We did the same thing with Amare. When you've been in the league over a decade, it's too late to reinvent the wheel. Just formulate your offense around everyone's strengths.
    IDK fam, since Chandler is a decent ft shooter he should be able to make short jumpers, and he certainly wont be taking so many shots the team would actually lose because of them.

Point being, guys can enhance their game at his age.

The losses will be strictly on no defense which these guys early on has zero interest in and bricking jumpers.

Woody should be focusing on getting easy shots, not just wide open ones.

This "jumper, jumper, three rinse and repeat offense" is not gonna cut it.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    Holy shit, this team is some caca without the starters.

Ike Diogu cannot be the highlight player of the night.

I would think for the guys trying to make the team they would at least play with some class.
    Agreed but Ike looked good. He's a decent rotation big.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    IDK fam, since Chandler is a decent ft shooter he should be able to make short jumpers, and he certainly wont be taking so many shots the team would actually lose because of them.

Point being, guys can enhance their game at his age.

The losses will be strictly on no defense which these guys early on has zero interest in and bricking jumpers.

Woody should be focusing on getting easy shots, not just wide open ones.

This "jumper, jumper, three rinse and repeat offense" is not gonna cut it.
    I agree about Woody and the offense. It's very freelance. Pretty much like he's letting the guys who can score do so and patting himself on the back when they succeed. Let everyone call them selfish and escape blame when they don't.

As for Chandler, I'm just not buying it. Theoretically, it seems like it could work. However, when a guy has been in the league since he was a teenager and hasn't really worked on his offensive game one bit, I'm not buying that he all of a sudden has this hidden talent waiting to be extracted. I think we should just focus on him catching the ball and making shots in the paint. "Ya gotta crawl before you walk."