Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1320212223
       

Default Re: Breaking: US and Britain pledge to use force within two weeks in Syria.

oh, no worries, mate. the arguing is against the ideas themselves, and mostly it happens in my head, anyway. other ppl are most helpful in giving me new info, new ideas, etc. at least that

Default Re: Breaking: US and Britain pledge to use force within two weeks in Syria.

don
    Last edited by tomtucker; 09-03-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    If they do want to do this strike, isn't waiting and waiting a bad move?
    An article on how Obama came to his decision to go to Congress says this
    During one meeting, Gen. Martin Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said something that left an impression on Mr. Obama: The timing of a strike didn't matter, officials said.

Gen. Dempsey's message to Mr. Obama was that whether the strikes were launched tomorrow, or a week from now, or a month from now, the military would be able to ensure the effectiveness of the operation, officials said.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    and you sure cleared them up with your helpful message.

1) i don't see that it matters. the rebels most likely are a wild mix of people with all kinds of agendas and all kinds of situations who pretty much no longer want to be stomped on. many are just innocents caught in the crossfire with nothing to do but fight back.

70% of Syria supports Assad. That is according to a NATO poll.
    http://www.worldtribune.com/2013/05/...rts-and-minds/

No. Many of the rebels are not freedom loving innocents "caught in the crossfire" with no other choice but to fight against the evil empire.

The rebel coalition is made up of a coalition of many Syrian AND non Syrian groups, some are extremist, some are associated with and funded by Al Quaeda and some are all right. Ahmad Jarba is the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces leader. He is very close with the Saudi government. Also maybe this is unfair to assume, but I think that if the rebels ever hypothetically did come in to power, Jarba would not last long and there would be so much infighting and regime changes. Also only 30% of the population would want him in office anyways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mUvHXM3IIc

Entertaining back and forth between Kerry and Rand Paul on Syria.

The ending is great
    Last edited by KeylessEntry; 09-04-2013 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young

70% of Syria supports Assad. That is according to a NATO poll.
    http://www.worldtribune.com/2013/05/...rts-and-minds/

No. Many of the rebels are not freedom loving innocents "caught in the crossfire" with no other choice but to fight against the evil empire.

The rebel coalition is made up of a coalition of many Syrian AND non Syrian groups, some are extremist, some are associated with and funded by Al Quaeda and some are all right. Ahmad Jarba is the National Coalition for Syrian Revolutionary and Opposition Forces leader. He is very close with the Saudi government. Also maybe this is unfair to assume, but I think that if the rebels ever hypothetically did come in to power, Jarba would not last long and there would be so much infighting and regime changes. Also only 30% of the population would want him in office anyways.
    right, who should take over after assad..?.......i am sure all these "rebels" can agree over crumpets and tea who should be president or F

Very good NBA starter

Do people realize Israel owns America like a bitch? They do whatever they effing want no matter how bad because no President is allowed to speak uo about them.