Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Serious playground baller crunk-juice's Avatar

Default Re: Let s be real: Hibbert is the best center in the league

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I don't care how crazy it sounds, I'd rather have Hibbert than Dwight Howard.

many would

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I don't care how crazy it sounds, I'd rather have Hibbert than Dwight Howard.
    thats not crazy at all, in fact it makes so much sense

I don't see why PPG is a huge deal to you guys. On this Pacers squad, Hibbert does not need to score 20+ points a game for the team to win. They can rely on any of their other starters to put up points, but nobody impacts the defensive rim like Hibbert. You can't deny his blocks per game. He impacts so much, much more than just scoring offense..

I would rather take a team-oriented center rather than a prima donna worried about his personal stats any day.

Serious playground baller Gabuyaux's Avatar

Best center in the League? Fine. I guess the best center in the League is also like the 20th AT BEST player in the League. Weak era for centers.

Decent playground baller PTstyle272's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Gabuyaux
    Best center in the League? Fine. I guess the best center in the League is also like the 20th AT BEST player in the League. Weak era for centers.
    still over howard

Best defensively

He hasn't scored many points but hasn't needed to.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    So shaq was never the best center in the league?

[COLOR="White"]Note: I am not saying Dwight is close to Shaq. Just pointing out that being a bad FT shooter does not exclude one from being the best center in the league.[/COLOR]
    Shaq was the most dominant offensive force in basketball history. Shaq had amazing fundamentals and loads of post moves.

I am disgusted you can compare Scrub Howard with The Big Aristotle.

Teams hacked Shaq but it didnt matter, he was so strong he's still get the and-1 at a really high rate so it didnt matter so much he missed freethrows.

D12 is not that dominant, can't pass, and turns the ball over way more. Also Dwight is undersized center and Shaq was huge. Horrible comparison.

A better comparison for Dwight is prime Ben Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Oden 50
    still over howard

But I'm looking at Howard's stats and he's averaging 14 rebounds. Scoring more points that Hibbert as well, which would suggest Howard is still the best individual center in the league.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

He's Mutumbo 2.0. wears 55 and everything. see you haters at the HOF induction.

WHO WANTS TO SEX THE HIBBERT?!

also, jesus, HOORAY COUNTING STATS! basketball needs an MLB style statistical revolution, an that's in no way related to me being a Pacers fan.

Let's compare these guys:

SCORING:
    Dwight - 17.1 , Hibbert - 11.4

Seems like a clear advantage for Dwight,doesn't it ? Well,not exactly.
    Dwight takes more field goal attempts per game and what people forget to mention,he takes A LOT more free throws (10 versus 3). Also if you consider that the Pacers are playing slow,grind it out type of basketball and the Rockets run a lot which puts Dwight into easier positions to score than Hibbert.
    Also,let's not forget Dwight got owned by Andrea Bargnani both on offense and defense.

REBOUNDING:
    Dwight - 14.9 , Hibbert 8.9

Seems like a clear advantage for Dwight but if you look at their contested rebound percentage it's about the same. Dwight plays 7 more minutes too.

BLOCKING:
    Dwight - 2.5 , Hibbert 4.8

Clear advantage for Hibbert. Also if you look at their opponent FG% at the rim Hibbert has a clear advantage,33.8% while Dwight's opponent score 47.4% of times at the rim. That's worse than Bargnani's 43.5%

Also factor in that Hibbert isn't a cancer and is actually a serious basketball player who isn't taking every opportunity to goof around.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Let's compare these guys:

SCORING:
    Dwight - 17.1 , Hibbert - 11.4

Seems like a clear advantage for Dwight,doesn't it ? Well,not exactly.
    Dwight takes more field goal attempts per game and what people forget to mention,he takes A LOT more free throws (10 versus 3). Also if you consider that the Pacers are playing slow,grind it out type of basketball and the Rockets run a lot which puts Dwight into easier positions to score than Hibbert.
    Also,let's not forget Dwight got owned by Andrea Bargnani both on offense and defense.

REBOUNDING:
    Dwight - 14.9 , Hibbert 8.9

Seems like a clear advantage for Dwight but if you look at their contested rebound percentage it's about the same. Dwight plays 7 more minutes too.

BLOCKING:
    Dwight - 2.5 , Hibbert 4.8

Clear advantage for Hibbert. Also if you look at their opponent FG% at the rim Hibbert has a clear advantage,33.8% while Dwight's opponent score 47.4% of times at the rim. That's worse than Bargnani's 43.5%

Also factor in that Hibbert isn't a cancer and is actually a serious basketball player who isn't taking every opportunity to goof around.

Well, Hibbert has some baggage too. He has used homophobic slurs.

i think he could be but he is not there right now... sometimes when i watch this guy i wonder how the hell isnt he dominating and averaging like 20/10... but sometimes he completely disappears and is a huge liability on offense.. like the games against the heat..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch

Key stat right there. No one is afraid of Dwight Coward anymore. He is no longer DPoTY level center.

People always talk about him 'altering shots' and yet all of last year I've seen some of the scrubbiest scrubs in the league taking it hard to him at the rim and he was unable to do anything about it.

Statistically Bargnani is a better interior defender then Dwight, says it all really. Dwightmare is living off a reputation from 4 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Shaq was the most dominant offensive force in basketball history. Shaq had amazing fundamentals and loads of post moves.

I am disgusted you can compare Scrub Howard with The Big Aristotle.

Teams hacked Shaq but it didnt matter, he was so strong he's still get the and-1 at a really high rate so it didnt matter so much he missed freethrows.

D12 is not that dominant, can't pass, and turns the ball over way more. Also Dwight is undersized center and Shaq was huge. Horrible comparison.

A better comparison for Dwight is prime Ben Wallace.
    Well said.