Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Brad Beal

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Brad Beal

NBAdraftnet post I found Interesting from a respected poster there.

"He's not as explosive, strong or athletic as Eric Gordon, and he does not create as well off the bounce. Gordon was getting to the line almost 9 times a game at Indiana, and he's much more of an off-ball player. Beal also doesn't seem to be as polished as Gordon as a scorer, especially in terms of how ready he is to step into an NBA scoring role. Gordon was a 15 ppg scorer immediately, I do not think Beal will be that kind of scorer early, especially not as efficiently as Gordon did it (45% his 1st 2 years). Beal reminds me of a Michael Redd more than Eric Gordon. I just dont see the explosiveness in Beal that I saw in Gordon at Indiana or in the NBA."

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I understand core and Eric Gordon is built like a tank. Have you seen him slash to the rim and finish with contact over bigs his entire career? There is a reason some have compared him to Wade. Trust me when I say Beal is NOT stronger and in no way PERIOD is he a better prospect outside of rebounding.

Shorter wingspan, slower, weaker, less athletic, worse scorer, worse defender. Eric Gordon is 6'2 220+ pounds with a 6'9 wingspan, 40 inch vertical and superb sprint and agility times. Not to mention before the drama off the court at Indiana Eric Gordon was the number 2 prospect in the nation after Rose for a period of time. Only reason he fell was because people got too caught up on his height.

Beal is getting overrated from what I can tell.
    Yeah hes built like a tank thats why he never plays right?

He can go bench all he wants cause he is never on the court.

More.

"Everyone was incredibly high on Gordon before he got injured and thought he'd be an all-star this season. Gordon was a 20+ point scorer in his one season in Indiana and was both stronger and more athletic than Beal is right now."

Basically everybody on Draftnet keeps talking about how Gordon is stronger and the superior athlete. Seems like you're in the minority opinion there chief.

Hey what do you know... Brandonislegend talking out of his ass again.

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/bradley-beal

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/eric-gordon

Draft Net's scouting chart gives Eric Gordon a 10 out of 10 for strength and athleticsm and Beal an 8 out of a 10 for both. Seems like you are the one who's never played basketball here, not me. I hate to scold you but you brought it on yourself.

He doesn't even play and who cares about meters on some random website? What is this a video game?
    If so Eric Gordon on injury should be a 10 too because he cant even play ever

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Yeah hes built like a tank thats why he never plays right?
    So are Rose and Wade . Injuries happen.. and some players are injury prone. Doesn't mean they aren't strong. When I saw Eric Gordon get tied up by Artest and flip him over onto his back and come out with the ball... that's when I realized the guy had freakish strength.

What's sad is even injury prone and all.. he's better than any player on the Grizzlies... so not sure why you're so worried about him.

hahaha suck his **** more bro

hahaha suck his **** more bro
    Gordon>Gay

Clippers>Grizzlies

End of story .

Gordon>Gay

Clippers>Grizzlies

End of story .
    Both went no where this year, have fun with CP3 leaving next year and back to the shithole.

Both went no where this year, have fun with CP3 leaving next year and back to the shithole.
    Clippers went a round further, that's all you need to know. That was with Griffin+CP3 carrying injuries. Your team would of lost 4-1 had it not been for those injuries. CP3 ain't leaving brah... because the Clippers are going to the WCF. Enjoy your chemistry issue filled squad and maxed out potential though.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

I think the fact that Beal averaged just under seven rebounds a game as a freshman at Florida shows a level of toughness that isn't seen all that often in SGs. It also shows that he has athleticism, regardless of how some draft "experts" try to spin his profile.

There are tons of ways to measure athleticism. Dexterity, change-of-direction quickness, getting off of the floor quickly, body control, etc.

From what I've seen of Beal, he is a superb athlete and as tough as nails. I'd be happy with him at the No. 4 slot assuming MKG is off of the board.

Gordon<Gay

Hornets<Grizzlies

End of story .
    fixed

Now on topic

Do you guys think Charlotte should pick him @ 2? A kemba and beal back court could be as bad as curry's and ellis' but this team needs scoring badly

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    fixed

Now on topic

Do you guys think Charlotte should pick him @ 2? A kemba and beal back court could be as bad as curry's and ellis' but this team needs scoring badly
    No.

I have a feeling that Charlotte will end up with either Thomas Robinson or Andre Drummond.