Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is misdemeanor vandalism a serious charge

You're looking at 25-to-life

7-time NBA All-Star

It will probably be a pain in the ass process, but as long as you don't have notable priors it probably won't be too bad. Hopefully, you have a lawyer who actually tries to represent your best interests, some just go through the motions. Considering alcohol was a factor, it wouldn't surprise me if your lawyer makes some kind of probation deal where you have to stay sober and attend AA meetings or some other treatment.

I'm calling BS. Something doesn't add up

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by daily
    I'm calling BS. Something doesn't add up
    Bullshit what? I got these lawyer bills and probably some fines. How is that bullshit?

Banned

you ever had your shit pushed in? start doing your an[COLOR="Black"]a[/COLOR]l kegels boy

Banned

better start getting use to your anal beads

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    No. They arrested me because of vandalism in front of a police officer...apparently. What is hilarious is i was arrested for DIP a couple days later and when I was arrested for vandalism all I was wearing was boxers and gym shorts and was there an hour and they just let me go. I didn't even know where I was. I was just walking around, no shoes, no shirt. I walked on some party and some chick gave me a bud light and some black fool kicked me in the stomach...or pushed kicked me. It didn't hurt he was just pushing me away. I was just walking by, but I'm sure I looked crazy just walking around in gym shorts and that's all. Ironically eventually I flagged down a police officer and told him i needed a ride home and was lost. I was more messed up then than I was when I got the drunk in public charge.
    you might want to consider attending some alochol classes or something , to prove you are fixing your "drinking problem"

Banned

probation
    restitution
    pick up trash

i just don't want to get any kind of charge. I'm hoping to get some kind of alcohol program and what not and not get charged.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

ISH, we need to cool it with our alcohol. First hateraid, now this.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    i just don't want to get any kind of charge. I'm hoping to get some kind of alcohol program and what not and not get charged.

i do tons of criminal work, but i'm not gonna pretend like I know what's up in california. Even still, you are probably fine unless you got some crazy judge. I once saw a judge send a kid to jail for 90 days for a second underage alcohol offense. Sh*t happens. It's good you got yourself a lawyer. Smart Move.
    If its your first offense a lot of courts have these diversion programs where you have to jump through some hoops, e.g., AA meetings, community service, abstaining from any alcohol and drugs, restitution, etc. and if you successfully complete your charges will get dismissed. Just because you won't be convicted doesn't mean you won't have a record though. You will still have an arrest record which is discoverable through certain types of background checks. I don't know if Cali allows for your arrest record getting sealed.

Jordan Stopper

Wtf

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I won't be seeing you on ISH for awhile. Unfortunately vandalism is very serious no matter the cost of items being vandalized. The court system takes stealing and vandalizing very seriously. More serious than murder. If you look at the years someone gets for vandalizing and stealing compared to murder, stealing and vandalizing is far worse punishment. While a murder conviction can lead to life in prison and possible parole, armed robbery can get you 20 years and you have to serve it.

My buddy was charged with vandalism. Blacked out drunk, went to someone's backyard and swam in their pool. He broke their sliding door and went inside for drinks. Thank god he wasn't shot. He did jail time.

You did all this in front of a police officer too when you are suppose to obey in front of them.

I'm hoping probation for you but you are probably going do a couple of months in jail.
    this.

Back in the days when I was mixing alcohol AND pills...I'd recommend against this cocktail. Stick to mixing alcohol with coke, meth, and bud. I can't partake anymore for the most part, unfortunately. My liver isn't too keen on the abuse anymore and I decided I'd rather live past 40.

That bullshit was a huge pain in the ass and both those charges still piss me off. They got my dna in the system now, goddamn it.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 11-16-2016 at 06:52 PM.