Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Charlotte's Gerald Wallace has been traded to Portland

NBA is so depressing sometimes. Even best case scenario Charlotte won't be competitive for ten years. More likely never.

I do think Wallace could get injured here, but it will be because of his style of play, not that training staff. Hell, I think Camby is going to get hurt again.

Oden may have major injuries get in his way, but Camby is out ever other week with a turned ankle or a sore foot. Real minor stuff keeps Camby out. I'm not too confident when people say we have Camby coming back soon.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Local High School Star BrentISballin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    I do think Wallace could get injured here, but it will be because of his style of play, not that training staff. Hell, I think Camby is going to get hurt again.

Oden may have major injuries get in his way, but Camby is out ever other week with a turned ankle or a sore foot. Real minor stuff keeps Camby out. I'm not too confident when people say we have Camby coming back soon.

I'll believe it when I see it.
    Wallace has toned down the crash mentality some, he is more reserved now and is not putting up the numbers he did last year. At least he will have a better chance in Portland of making a few playoff appearances again before his career is over in the next few years, he deserves it!

As a bobcats fan this trade saddens me, I would have much rather see jack go but I guess that wont happen. I guess Jordan is going to throw the towel in on a playoff run right now and rebuild for the next 4 years
    Last edited by BrentISballin; 02-25-2011 at 03:50 AM.

Good High School Starter

Yes! So happy with this trade. Congrats Cho. Camby/L-Train/Crash/Wes/Dre. Preety strong ball team. Roy, Fernandez and Nic Batum off the bench mind you. Hopefully we get Pryz back in 30 days, that's the rumours floating around, because right now we have Zero front court depth. We must sign some one on a 10 day contract for now. I like this move. What if Oden can stay fit next season and fit in nicely? Pwoooahhhh.

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ODEN>DURANT
    Yes! So happy with this trade. Congrats Cho. Camby/L-Train/Crash/Wes/Dre. Preety strong ball team. Roy, Fernandez and Nic Batum off the bench mind you. Hopefully we get Pryz back in 30 days, that's the rumours floating around, because right now we have Zero front court depth. We must sign some one on a 10 day contract for now. I like this move. What if Oden can stay fit next season and fit in nicely? Pwoooahhhh.
    Pryzb is in the deal isnt he?

I think Portland will go small ball and have Crash at 4, at least until Camby returns.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I have to admit, I haven't seen Wallace play much. But he's not a very good player (at least not as good as some make him out to be), nowhere near franchise player.

Poor man's Iggy.

And like some have mentioned, he's injury prone.

Now... I'm not defending the trade, because I haven't seen the other players, but i never understood why people were so high on Wallace. He's an explosive and athletic baller with little understanding of the game, and limited skills.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I have to admit, I haven't seen Wallace play much. But he's not a very good player (at least not as good as some make him out to be), nowhere near franchise player.

Poor man's Iggy.

Now... I'm not defending the trade, because I haven't seen the other players, but i never understood why people were so high on Wallace. He's an explosive and athletic baller with little understanding of the game, and limited skills.
    Indeed. You sound like you haven't seen him play in years/ever.

Saw a basketball once How Come?'s Avatar

Poor man's Iggy.

All i can say is

Poor man's Iggy.

Poor mans Iggy

He was all defense first team. He's a great shot blocker and rebounder for his position and size. He's basically the perfect mentor for Nicolas Batum.

This trade is a homer run.

Even if you think he's a poormans Iggy, we gave up some draft picks, an expiring contract, and a player we drafted in the second round. Lol, if Wallace gets injured tomorrow, we still did a great trade.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    [COLOR=Gray]This trade is a homer run.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR=Teal]Pretty much. OKC and Portland have struck gold by pulling off those deadline trades. smh.[/COLOR]

Jordan

Gerald Wallace is a much better player than Andre Iguodala. He's a good all around player, and one of the better defenders at the SF position.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 02-25-2011 at 09:51 AM.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Poor man's Iggy.

You have not watched him playing even a game, have you?
    He is one of the best defenders in the league, great shot blocker, great rebounder, can score about 18 points every night, can hit three and is decent penetrator. He will be perfect mentor for Batum who is playing Crush like style too, like someone mentioned above. And yeah, I would take Wallace over Iggy 9 of 10 times.

Saw a basketball once How Come?'s Avatar

I like people who say i haven't seen him play much and then tell you why he isn't any good.... Makes sense

Poor man's Iggy.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

I like how everyone that's hating isn't brining up money. I am a Bobs fan who is happy. Gerald has little in the tank. Love the guy but getting two mid firsts and a project in Cunningham is worth the trade.