Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Good college starter LakersDynasty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    Think man, use your brain and it won't be hard to realize why the statement "Kobe is presently better than Jordan" is categorically true.
    I hope that's sarcasm......

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Like hell that isn't true. I have all those games on tape.. every announcer said Nick Van Exel was the MVP of the Mavs when we went to the WCF. It can't even be argued. It's a fact.
    I watched a Mavs/Pacers(think it was pacers) game recently from 03 where Bill walton said Steve Nash was the MVP of the league. If only for that what you said isnt true. I also notice that Dirk got 43 points in MVP voting to Nicks 0. Including a second place vote. nash got 1 5th place vote. If Dirk got 43 points to Nicks 0 how did everyone think Nick was the Mavs MVP? I'll tell you. It didnt happen. If anyone thought Nick was MVP of the Mavs it was in the context of a single game he stepped up in. And anyone can be the key player in a game. Or even a series.

It funny how people forget all the stupid sh!t that is said and believed. Just like if you said Dirk was as good or better than KG 2 seasons ago you would have been laughed off the internet.
    Ive been on ISH since the 01-02 season and the KG/Dirk argument never went away. Even when KG won MVP there was a large number of people saying they wouldnt beat the Nuggets in first round and so on. Even when KG had that great game 7 scoring every one of his teams field goals in the 4th and having 30+20+ that very night there were Dirk or KG arguments.

Same thing if you said Nash was close to Jason Kidd.
    Maybe a third of the board had Marbury as the best point in the league back then and Nash did get some mentions too. Less of course. But some.

I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm Jerm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    Geez...How smarter can you get?

If I give you Jordan and Kobe today, who will you choose to play for your team?...Figure it out yourself!...Please show me you're smarter, PLEASE!

Quote Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
    Wade shouldn't thank Dirk for the ring. He should thank the refs for it.

Only player in history who won a finals MVP with no memorable plays, just memorable free throws.

95% of NBA fans agree Wade undeserving of the treatment he got. And the other 5% are Heat fans or Kobe groupies (Knoeitawl, AAP, etc)
    I would still like to sincerely thank Dirk for the choke job.

as for the referees making the mavs lose.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
    I think he means that 28 yr old Kobe is better than 45 yr old Jordan.

Dirk is not overrated his is rated right where he should be. About 5 or 6 in the league. Dude plays no defense and has played on stacked teams and was never able to get a championship and only managed 1 finals apperance. You would think after TMAC layed the blueprint on how to stop Dirk, he would expand his game, obviously he didnt.

Until Dirk gets a post game, he will get shut down when it matters by the same type of defense the Rockets and HEat played.

Just put a player tall and agile. Like TMAC, Ryan Bowen, Jefferies, HAslem and have them contest his jumpers and be physical with him. Then he is taken out of his game.

Geez...How smarter can you get?

If I give you Jordan and Kobe today, who will you choose to play for your team?...Figure it out yourself!...Please show me you're smarter, PLEASE!
    I don't know what the **** you're trying to get at but I never said Kobe was better than Jordan, everything you said is pointless, go argue with Joewait since he's the one that made that statement.

Local High School Star LiL Stevie's Avatar

Default Reply

This fool Wade is so full of himself.

I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm Jerm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    I think he means that 28 yr old Kobe is better than 45 yr old Jordan.
    Wow...we have a genius amongst us. LakersDynasty, that wasn't that hard now, wass it?

Learning to shoot layups Mrclutch's Avatar

Don't worry, Spurs will bring Wade back to earth

Wow...we have a genius amongst us. LakersDynasty, that wasn't that hard now, wass it?
    No sir, thank you for teaching me a lesson.

Banned

If anyone thought Nick was MVP of the Mavs it was in the context of a single game he stepped up in. And anyone can be the key player in a game. Or even a series.

I am tlaking aobut for the playoff run in 2002-2003. When the MAvs went to the WCF.. everyone unanimoulsy said Van Exel was the MVP.. which is just exactly as stupid as saying Wade is MVP with Shaq on his team.

Ive been on ISH since the 01-02 season and the KG/Dirk argument never went away. Even when KG won MVP there was a large number of people saying they wouldnt beat the Nuggets in first round and so on.

That's not what the media would have said. The media would have unanimously said KG was better than Dirk.. KG has an MVP and what has he done to deserve it? Statpad? That's aobut it. Dirk truly deserved MVP the past 2 seasons and didn't get it. But now finally after leading his team to the Finals he might get some respect.. but there are still people who would say KG is better. Yet if KG just led a team to the Finals NO one would be saying Dirk was better. It's pretty simple to udnerstand..

Maybe a third of the board had Marbury as the best point in the league back then and Nash did get some mentions too. Less of course. But some.

The point remains though.. that Dirk and Nash were both incredibly underrated because of their race.. and STILL are. You think that's just going to go away? And it took very very very special circumstances for Nash to get the credit he did for the Suns.Nahs also has an advantage over Dirk in that his game is much more flashy and conventional than Dirk's.

Nash won 2 MVPs (which he did NOT deserve) and he's underrated because of his race? Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
    Nahs also has an advantage over Dirk in that his game is much more flashy and conventional than Dirk's.
    Wow conventional and flashy at the same time. Interesting

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Thank you Dirk. Allowing people to slice through may just win you a championship one day. Good strategy. And you followed it for 7 games in a row. Excellent.
    good counting

Banned

Dirk is not overrated his is rated right where he should be. About 5 or 6 in the league.

Why 5 or 6? Why not numbe rone? Because he's white? He can only be 5 or 6? Who is better than him? some young players that have never done anything on their own?

Dude plays no defense

Like Kobe, Wade and LeBron play any defense? At least Dirk rebounds.. something Wade, Kobe and LeBron don't do.

and has played on stacked teams

Kobe played on far far far more stacked teams than Dirk as Did Wade.. even LeBron has a great great team around him. Wade had Sha and Zo. and Walker.. just ridiculous.

and was never able to get a championship and only managed 1 finals apperance.

Without any decent bigman.. what else could be expected?

You would think after TMAC layed the blueprint on how to stop Dirk, he would expand his game, obviously he didnt.

He only expanded it enough to beat the Spurs.. Dirk doesn't need to expand his game.. his teamamtes do.. they can't do anyhting.. they can't shoot.. can't defend.. his team stinks.

Until Dirk gets a post game, he will get shut down when it matters by the same type of defense the Rockets and HEat played.[

Until he gets a better tema around him you mean. Like Dirk couldn't wina championship with Shaq on his team.. please..

Just put a player tall and agile. Like TMAC, Ryan Bowen, Jefferies, HAslem and have them contest his jumpers and be physical with him. Then he is taken out of his game.

And just surround him with teammates that can't hit a wide open shot..