Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: What is the easiest Olympic sport?

While its not in the olympics anymore, baseball is probably the easiest sport. Its a pretty straight forward game. Anyone can swing a bat and throw a a ball.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DropStep
    While its not in the olympics anymore, baseball is probably the easiest sport. Its a pretty straight forward game. Anyone can swing a bat and throw a a ball.

Folks, running is the easiest sport. What is easier to learn?

I usually hit open layups

LOL. This thread is full of hilarious oversimplifications, but this has got to be the best of them.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by neilio23
    LOL. This thread is full of hilarious oversimplifications, but this has got to be the best of them.
    How is baseball not the easiest sport. Baseball is the only sport where 2 games can happen in the same day and no one would complain about being tired. Half the time the players are sitting in a dugout or standing in one place. Dont get me starting on that god awful softball.
    Last edited by DropStep; 08-02-2012 at 08:39 PM.

I usually hit open layups

How is baseball not the easiest sport. Baseball is the only sport where 2 games can happen in the same day and no one would complain about being tired. Half the time the players are sitting in a dugout or standing in one place. Dont get me starting on that god awful softball.

I'm not arguing for or against any sport - what the hell do I know about the level of competition of olympic sports.

Maybe the mechanics of the games are 'easier' compared to the mechanics of another sport. But there is no objective scale for us to determine this. This claim is based on our perception of the sport. And considering that 95% of ISH at best played on high school team (if that), I don't think we're in any position to actually claim what it takes to make it to a high level.

Baseball is my least favourite sport. Despite that, I can't claim that I could ever be able to hit a 95 mph fast ball etc.

By the same logic, basketball is just guys running back and forth on a court and throwing a ball at a hoop etc.

Anything is easy to learn to a basic level, nothing is easy to get good at.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Don't go there, proper running technics are extremely tough to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Can you run under 10 seconds? If its so easy...

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Dressage.

Hume>Kunt.

Be a sweeper in curling.

Learning to shoot layups

Yeah, dressage is bullshit. I'm sure doing it at high levels is difficult, but it's still easier than EVERYTHING else, including curling, and has a tiny talent pool because of the money needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    Handball-I am 6'1 above average athlete. No doubt in my mind I could make the USA handball team if I spent a year or 2 trying to.

That sport is retardedly simple.
    So, do it.

By the way my vote goes to rowing.
    The proper technique is not impossible to get.
    It surely requires an awful lot of training to reach the physical intensity and resistence needed, but if you have time and you're committed, this is the least difficult sport imo.

I used to play AYSO for Chatsworth, making the regional teams, from the age of 7-18 but make no mistake I was never good and still suck, everyone can do AYSO. But the point is our team was the worst in the region and we always went against teams full of giant mexican kids 2 years older than us lying about their ages who would not only kick our ass by 5 goals a game, but also throw all these really dirty shots and even just punch players on the field when the ref wasn't looking, so we had to fight back by being dirtier and doing the same.

I wish football was as violent and dirty as it used to be when I played AYSO but it's the opposite at a pro level.

throwing sneaky elbows without getting caught and stomping players feet was the only thing me and my team was any good at.
    Chatsworth, as in Chatsworth, Norway, or Chatsworth, Egypt?

I don't read Bill Simmons but I bet that article does nothing but state the same thing every other American who watches handball can see. Gonna google that shit.

Please tell me what is so crazy about this sport. It is a normal baseball throw. The goal is gigantic, the defenders hardly do anything, they just pass around the perimeter til someone decides to jump into the defense-you don't need any speed or quickness to succeed-why is it so hard?
    You are welcome to try. I guarantee that if you tried to play handball against any good competition you'd go home with a few broken ribs and crying in embarrassment.

It used to be baseball.