Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    JMEWLS
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* ORLANDO MAGIC game discussion thread. **including playoffs!

game preview:
    DETROIT (AP) Booing him early and often, Detroit Pistons fans let Darko Milicic know they still begrudge him for being a bust.

The Pistons drafted Milicic second overall in 2003 - passing on Carmelo Anthony, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh - and traded him two-plus seasons later after he averaged fewer than two points a game as a seldom-used reserve.

Milicic said in the past, and reiterated Sunday, he just wants to play.

He's finally getting that chance with the Orlando Magic after not cracking the rotation for Detroit's championship-caliber team.

He averaged eight points and 5+ rebounds in 24 minutes a game this season for Orlando, producing the kind of numbers the Pistons predicted he would on a team not stacked as they were with a veteran frontcourt.

Milicic scored 14 points, tied for second on the team, as Detroit beat the Magic 100-92 in Game 1 of their first-round series.

"We never questioned Darko's ability,'' Pistons coach Flip Saunders said. "I thought he did some nice things.''

The 7-foot, 250-pound center from Serbia-Montenegro was jeered and taunted throughout the game, particularly while shooting free throws.

"I don't really care,'' he insisted. "Back home fans used to throw baseball (bats) at me. They used to try to kill me back home, that's why I don't even care.''

He acknowledged it was meaningful to him, however, to play well at The Palace after a poor showing there earlier this season.

"It was important for me because the first game here I struggled. I couldn't make a shot,'' he said. "I really wanted to come out last night and help my team. I was really happy about it.''

Magic coach Brian Hill was, too.

"I was happy for Darko that he played well,'' he said. "Obviously the fans have been a little rough on him here. I thought he played hard and with a good amount of confidence. It was good to see him have a good game.''

In return for Milicic, the Pistons have Orlando's first-round pick - 15th overall - in June. He will be a restricted free agent this summer.

Orlando came away from losing Game 1 feeling OK because it had a shot to win, despite missing 18 of 36 free throws and making 21 turnovers.

Detroit, meanwhile, knows it could've turned the game into a rout.

Game 2 in the best-of-seven series is Monday night at The Palace of Auburn Hills.

"The mood of the guys is fine, obviously disappointed in the fact we lost, but confident we can play better (Monday) night,'' Hill said. "Obviously, we can't afford to have as many turnovers as we did and we have to make free throws, but I think we can do some things to do a better job on some of their key players.''

Detroit guards Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton each had 22 points and the other three starters scored at least 12 apiece.

The Pistons led all game and seemed to be cruising toward a blowout before missing a lot of open shots in the fourth quarter, helping Orlando pull within three points late in the game.

"We got a little stagnant,'' Saunders said. "I thought there were probably some calls that could have been called. We had a few turnovers.

"But for most of the game, we executed fairly well, took care of the ball and played the way we're supposed to play.''
    source
    Last edited by JMEWLS; 04-23-2007 at 06:02 PM.

JMEWLS

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* ORLANDO MAGIC game discussion thread. **including playoffs!

AND
    First Round Matchup.
    Detroit Pistons [1] AND Orlando Magic [8]

[COLOR="Red"]Game 1: Saturday Apr. 21 @ DET, 7:00, ESPN L - 92-100[/color]
    [color=red]Game 2: Monday Apr. 23 @ DET, 7:00, TNT[/COLOR] L - 98-90

JMEWLS

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ORLANDO MAGIC PLAYER STATS[/COLOR]

JMEWLS PLAYER OF THE GAME: HEDO TURKOGLU!

22points,2rebounds,2assists,2blocks

Jameer Nelson:
    9points,6rebounds,3assists

Grant Hill:
    21points,8rebounds,4assists,1block

Tony Battie:
    5points,4rebounds

Dwight Howard:
    8points,11rebounds,1assist

Darko Milicic:
    10points,6rebounds,3blocks

Carlos Arroyo:
    8points,3rebounds,4assists,1steal

Trevor Ariza:
    2points,1rebound,2assists

Keyon Dooling:
    5points,1rebound,4assists

I'll post my re-cap a little later on. For all 2 of my fans

JMEWLS

Quote Originally Posted by AtTheDriveIn
    I'll post my re-cap a little later on. For all 2 of my fans
    yes! Us Magic fans must stick together!

JMEWLS

game recap:
    Detroit 98, Orlando 90 -- The AP reports: Rasheed Wallace blocked a shot and made a 3-pointer on the opening possessions and finished with 17 points, 11 rebounds and three blocks to help the Detroit Pistons beat the Orlando Magic 98-90 and take a 2-0 lead in the first-round series... In Game 2, Detroit's balance was too much for Orlando's two-player attack. Detroit's starters each scored at least 10 points and top reserve Antonio McDyess added nine points and 11 rebounds... The Magic, meanwhile, didn't have a third player in double figures until the final minute of the game when former Piston Darko Milicic scored his 10th point -- all in the fourth quarter... The Pistons were in control for much of the game, but just like the opener, Orlando rallied late to make the final score look respectable.

For the Pistons: Richard Hamilton on 14 shots had 22 points and 6 assists. Chauncey Billups on 12 shots had 21 points and 8 assists. Tayshaun Prince shot 7-of-13 for 18 points and 6 rebounds. Rasheed Wallace shot 7-of-15 for 17 points, 11 rebounds, 3 assists and 3 blocks. Chris Webber went 4-of-8 for 10 points, 9 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals. Antonio McDyess shot just 2-of-11 for 9 points and 11 rebounds.

For the Magic: Hedo Turkoglu shot 10-of-14 for 22 points and 2 blocks. Grant Hill on just 10 shots had 21 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists. Darko Milicic shot 5-of-9 for 10 points, 6 rebounds and 3 blocks. Dwight Howard was a mere 3-of-9 for 8 points, 11 rebounds and no blocks.
    Source: insidehoops

JMEWLS

game preview:
    Detroit at Orlando, 8PM ET -- The AP reports: The Orlando Magic have used a number of defenders on Detroit's Chauncey Billups, and none of them has been able to slow him down. Billups has 43 points and 19 assists in two games, taking advantage of mismatches, avoiding double teams and finding open teammates... Knowing Billups creates problems for his team, Magic coach Brian Hill has rotated Nelson, Carlos Arroyo, Keyon Dooling and Grant Hill onto the 6-foot-3, 202-pound point guard.
    Hill started off Game 1 guarding Billups, but that left Nelson covering 6-7 shooting guard Richard Hamilton -- another mismatch. Nelson ended up on Billups for part of that game and eventually fouled out... The Magic have decided they need to be more physical with the Pistons. They want Dwight Howard, who missed eight free throws in the series opener and was sick in Game 2, to assert himself in the post. They want Grant Hill and Hedo Turkoglu to drive to the basket more frequently.
    insidehoops: check out the video footage too!
    Last edited by JMEWLS; 04-26-2007 at 08:36 AM.

JMEWLS

AND
    First Round Matchup.
    Game 1: Saturday Apr. 21 @ DET, 7:00, ESPN L - 92-100
    Game 2: Monday Apr. 23 @ DET, 7:00, TNT L - 98-90
    Game 3: Thursday Apr. 26 @ ORL, 8:00, TNT L - 77 - 93

JMEWLS

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ORLANDO MAGIC PLAYER STATS![/COLOR]

JMEWLS PLAYER OF THE GAME: JAMEER NELSON

(27points,3rebounds,4assists)

Grant Hill:
    8points,6rebounds,3assists

Tony Battie:
    2points,6rebounds,1assist

Hedo Turkoglu:
    10points,7rebounds,4assists,2steals,1assist

Dwight Howard:
    11points,12rebounds,1assist,1block

Darko Milcic:
    11points,2rebounds,1assist,1steal,1block

Trevor Ariza:
    4points,2rebounds,1assist

Keyon Dooling:
    4points,1rebound

Carlos Arroyo:
    1assist

JMEWLS

game preview:
    Detroit at Orlando, 3PM ET -- The AP reports: The Detroit Pistons would like a little downtime, something they haven't enjoyed since the All-Star break in February. They know how to get it, too. Detroit needs to sweep Orlando and hope the Miami-Chicago series extends into next week. "I would love it," guard Chauncey Billups said Friday. "I think it would be great for our guys to get some time off before the next series. I think we'll be thinking about that at the start of the game, trying to get the win so we can be blessed enough to get some time off." ... The Pistons, the top seed in the Eastern Conference, have beaten the Magic handily the first three games and essentially outplayed them at every position. If the trend continues in Game 4 on Saturday, the Pistons will have their first postseason series sweep since 1990, when the "Bad Boys" swept Indiana in the first round en route to a second consecutive NBA title... Billups has been better than Jameer Nelson at the point. Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince have been more effective than Hill and Hedo Turkoglu. And Rasheed Wallace and Webber have dominated Dwight Howard and Tony Battie in the post.

JMEWLS

AND
    First Round Matchup.
    Game 1: Saturday Apr. 21 @ DET, 7:00, ESPN L - 92-100
    Game 2: Monday Apr. 23 @ DET, 7:00, TNT L - 98-90
    Game 3: Thursday Apr. 26 @ ORL, 8:00, TNT L - 77 - 93
    Game 4: Saturday Apr. 28 @ ORL, 3:00, TNT L 93-97

JMEWLS

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]ORLANDO MAGIC PLAYER STATS:[/COLOR]

JMEWLS PLAYER OF THE GAME: DWIGHT HOWARD

29points,17rebounds,2assists,2steals

Jameer Nelson:
    11points,2rebounds,3assists,1steal

Grant Hill:
    17points,4rebounds,3assists,1assist

Hedo Turkoglu:
    9points,3rebounds,5assists,1steal

Tony Battie:
    2rebounds

Darko Milicic:
    14points,6rebounds,2assists

Keyon Dooling:
    11points,3rebounds,2assists,1steal

Trevor Ariza:
    2points,4rebounds,1steal

JJ Redick:
    3points,2assists

JMEWLS

game recap:
    coming soon.

Local High School Star Jerz Netz's Avatar

magic had a good run. Hopefully they can get a better PG to compliment howard neext season

Banned

horrible game last night