Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Grizzlies are for real now

Prince is 33 years old and borderline washed up. Anyone who thinks he's an upgrade over Gay is delirious.

Grizzlies win this trade, easily.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

why are you posting about the grizzlies in the Lakers' forum?

#HEATNATION

Are they playing tomorrow in OKC?

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    lmao future repped

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Prince is 33 years old and borderline washed up. Anyone who thinks he's an upgrade over Gay is delirious.
    Agreed.
    Memphis had trouble scoring, with Gay, and it's gonna get worse now.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

I know some people don't believe in depth in the playoffs, but you need a bench. Having something else to fall back on helps. But I don't think the Grizzlies have really improved much at all. We'll have to give them some time to familiarize themselves. But they still have the same issues they had before. But they have a deeper bench.

I rule the local playground

Really bad trade for Memphis.

Last game is a good example. Z-Bo failed and Memphis won because great matches by the 2 G's. With Gay gone, Z-Bo and Marc Gasol should play 40 minutes per game to win games, and would get absolutely exhausted in the playoffs.

Not that Prince is a bad player, but they needed a 3pt threat, and the did not get it.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

They didn't get better. They just got cheaper.

Prince is a corpse on defense.

I like Ed Davis though, i was impressed with him in the raptors games i saw. Grizzlies gameplan is probably going to be to pound the ball inside as possible, Davis and prince are two good pickups for that, Davis will be a great backup for Gasol and Z-Bo, and Prince is one of the best post up players on the league.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I honestly think a healthy Quincy Pondexter at this point is better than Prince in the same number of minutes played I wouldn't mind seeing Prince come off the bench.

I wonder if the Ed Davis aquasition could mean they might even move Z-Bo for younger talented pieces at the SG/SF spots?
    Last edited by andremiller07; 01-31-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Everyone weighing in on this thread saying Memphis got worse because of it or that they have trouble scoring,modest watch the Grizzlies much. The ball stops in Rudy's hands because he loves going ISO and settles for jump shots. Also Conley has been out the last two games so you can't count Z-Bo's numbers those games as an indicator of how this team works, Conley is in the driver seat of this team and knows when to get everyone involved.

Of course Gay is a way more talented player than Prince one on one, its never been about that, it's about what will fit in the system better. Not the Grizzlies get a playoff tested SF with a ton of experience who doesn't become a ball stopper and has a high BBIQ, an athletic PF/C (who likes to play in the post) to pair with Darrell Arthur (who likes to stretch the floor) off the bench to make the game more uptempo and then got a 6'11" F that can shoot 3s and space the floor. Add Prince shooting a careers best 3pt%, Chris Johnson, Quincy Pondexter, Conley, and Bayless all being able to shoot 3s and it opens things up a ton. The only guards who can't shoot on this team are Tony Allen and Tony Wroten but are both athletic freaks that get to the rim and defensive hounds. This trade is a perfect for for what Memphis needs. I've watched 80% of the games every year since OJs rookie season, trust me, this makes sense for the team.

Good High School Starter AussieG's Avatar

It could turn out to be a good thing. Need to wait and see.

Lots of people like to bash Rudy Gay but one thing he did provide.. other than athleticism and dunks.. was clutch shooting.. not spot up shooting.. but clutch shooting no matter what the defense does. He could get his shot off against anyone and hit quite a few as well.

A lot of people say Memphis didn't have a go to guy or a closer.. but they did in Gay.. and now he's gone.

That's going to be hard to replace.. it's a harder choice who gets that shot now.. because Memphis doesn't have many selfish iso type players that can always get their shot off. For 3 and a half quarters they might be better or more balanced.. but it will be harder in the clutch. I guess it comes down to Conley, Marc or Z-Bo to make a play but all of them can't get their shot off in the teeth of a double team like Rudy Gay could.

Grizzlies became a legit contender with this trade.

Great deal for Memphis.