Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Default Nowitzki::::My main goal is now The NBA championship

I think he needs to go to another Team, He's the Cancer in Dallas.

BEIJING (Reuters) - Germany's Dirk Nowitzki said he planned to retire from international basketball -- at least for a few years -- after his team was knocked out of the Olympics tournament.
    ADVERTISEMENT

"I achieved my first goal -- playing basketball for Germany in the Olympics," Nowitzki told journalists after the 106-57 loss to the unbeaten U.S. team. They were eliminated with just one win, against Angola, in their five matches.

"Now my main goal is to win the NBA championship," the all-star forward for the Dallas Mavericks said. "We'll have to wait and see how things develop with Germany in the years ahead."

Germany had not qualified for the Olympics in 16 years. Nowitzki spent his off-seasons playing for his country for the last 10 years in pursuit of his childhood dream of playing at the Olympics. Germany just missed the Olympics in 2000 and 2004.

"I don't want to make any concrete plans right now," he said. "But I knew when I came off the court tonight that it was the last time for a couple of years. So from that point of view it was a wonderful feeling to go out on a high note."

Nowitzki, the first European player to win the NBA's Most Valuable Player award, did not want to rule out a return even though he appeared melancholy about the end of an era. He said he would not play the European championship in Poland next summer.

"Everything's still open, but I think I need a break," he said.

Asked if he would play for Germany in the 2012 Olympics, Nowitzki said: "If we were to qualify for that, I'd be happy to talk about the question. I think the difficult thing will be to qualify. It's been 16 years since the last time."
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080818/...xIWM1uG40LMxIF

NBA Finals

Default Re: Nowitzki::::My main goal is now The NBA championship

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    I think he needs to go to another Team, He's the Cancer in Dallas.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080818/...xIWM1uG40LMxIF
    so do you think that dallas will do better without dirk?

You're high on meth if you think Dallas can win 25 games without Dirk. He is so underrated on this forum it is sickening.

Bottom line, Dallas is a 50+ win team with Dirk and would struggle to win 30 without him for 82 games.

No way you trade him.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
    so do you think that dallas will do better without dirk?

If they can get a Team to match their Offer in a Trade , I think they would do better without Him , Also the Front Office needs to be cut loose

Banned

The hate against minorities and foreigners is strong in this board.

Fantasy Forum Mod haterofhaters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    You're high on meth if you think Dallas can win 25 games without Dirk. He is so underrated on this forum it is sickening.

Bottom line, Dallas is a 50+ win team with Dirk and would struggle to win 30 without him for 82 games.

No way you trade him.
    25 games? Don't be ridiculous.. He's good, but this isn't exactly a bad team without him. They obviously wouldn't have won 50+ games but they'd still probably be a 40 win team.

Wait, so the implication here is that it's wrong to have multiple goals?

Local High School Star Geandily's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by steve
    I guess so

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

he should join one of these teams then:

lakers, celtics, rockets,...

so dirk's been sayin all along in the past that hes been holding something back in the tank so he can get germany to the olympics... so he doesnt go all out for dallas during the season/playoffs.

thats what this message sounds like to me.

Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

Quote Originally Posted by steve

Nope. The implication is Dallas is not winning any Rings in the Next 5 years with the Team they have. why not Trade him to another Team ?? Only Way he's winning a Ring is if he's the side kick. And this is not a Hate on Dirk Thread, Just Pointing out the Obvious.

Good High School Starter haji_d_robertas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    so dirk's been sayin all along in the past that hes been holding something back in the tank so he can get germany to the olympics... so he doesnt go all out for dallas during the season/playoffs.

thats what this message sounds like to me.

This is an outrageous thing to say about a guy who has played so hard for the Mavs through the years, it's not Dirk's fault that they don't have a ring. A player who is at his level and skill leaves it out on the court day in, day out. He is way way too competitive to even entertain that kind of idea. You are out of your element, DuMa.

Quote Originally Posted by dr8ked
    Nope. The implication is Dallas is not winning any Rings in the Next 5 years with the Team they have. why not Trade him to another Team ?? Only Way he's winning a Ring is if he's the side kick. And this is not a Hate on Dirk Thread, Just Pointing out the Obvious.
    Yes, because trading your superstar in his prime for 60 cents to the dollar has resulted in a championship sucess immediately. This would set Dallas back at least five years considering that the team is built around Dirk and they have no other players to currently build around and are unlikely to get that kind of player in a trade.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by haji_d_robertas
    This is an outrageous thing to say about a guy who has played so hard for the Mavs through the years, it's not Dirk's fault that they don't have a ring. A player who is at his level and skill leaves it out on the court day in, day out. He is way way too competitive to even entertain that kind of idea. You are out of your element, DuMa.
    Word. He didn't get a ring because of David Stern, hater of all Aryan race.

Decent college freshman tian820's Avatar

Cuban would give up his entire team than trade Dirk. This is a guy who apparently said no to a Kobe for Dirk straight up deal as recently as last summer. Try telling Cuban that Dirk is the cancer on his team and see what his response would be. And Dirk is still easily a top 10 player impact-wise and talent in the league. The Mavs couldn't get close to equal value for him