Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Offseason plan

College superstar

Default Re: Offseason plan

I would like to see one of two trades happen:

1) Boozer and our pick (not Charlotte's) for Ilyasova and sign-and-trade Redick.

Reason -- Bulls get shooting (obviously), along with a high IQ player in Redick and a versatile stretch 3/4 to open the court up more for Rose to drive and kick or finish. Bucks give up some nice pieces, but gain an additional pick plus a 18/12 threat in Boozer. Lastly, for the Bucks, Ilyasova has a 5 year contract, Boozer's is only 3 years. Granted, Carlos is due a lot more money, but still getting out of a contract sooner is not a bad thing.

2) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw
    I don't envision all of these contracts (Hayes and Jimmer can stay) needing to come back to the Bulls. Once the season is over, and players come off the books, Sac should have more cap space.

Reason -- Bulls get shooting/scoring from Thornton, and a potential top 3 player in the league (in a couple years) in Cousins. Thibs, and the Bulls strong core, can keep Cousins in line (if anyone can, that is), while Sac gets rid of some headaches/contracts while getting two professionals back. And neither professional is a scrub, either. Both can ball. If necessary, I'd throw in either our first or the Charlotte pick to get Cousins. To make this even more of a perfect world (putting this in "reasons" because it would be too perfect) would be the Bulls getting a sign-and-traded Evans included.

Adding to what (e) said, here's a closer look at the Bull's salary situation from HH.

I agree that the Bulls should not pick up Rip's 5M option. He's no longer starter material. I like the current core of Rose/Butler/Deng/Noah. Realistically, I don't think we're going to be able to move Boozer due to his contract, and I don't know if amnestying him will be enough to go after another player who might not even be that huge of an upgrade. I think Boozer's defensive weakness can be hidden playing alongside a healthy Noah, Deng, and Butler.

I'm excited about seeing the healthy lineup of:

Rose
    Butler
    Deng
    Boozer
    Noah

I suspect some team will overpay for Robinson, and I don't think he'll be needed. Hinrich can provide a solid 20-25min a game when Rose needs a rest, and luckily Butler can play the 2 or 3. I also see a lot of potential in Teague.

In my opinion, next year a primary concern will be having a bench scorer at the 2 or 3 position. I wouldn't mind bringing Belinelli back to provide some 3pt scoring of the bench at the 2 spot.

So with a bench of:

Hinrich/Teague
    Possibly Nelli
    -
    Gibson
    - maybe Nazr to another one year deal. I think the Bulls need to look for a quality, younger backup C.

Notable Free Agent SG's: Previous Salary
    Korver: 5m
    Tony Allen: 3.3m
    Nick Young: 5.6m
    Martell Webster: 1.7m

Nick Young, imo, would be the ideal to have provide relief minutes at the SG or SF positions and give a spark in bench scoring. Not sure how much he can ask for or what the Bulls can offer. Martell Webster is another interesting player who's still young but since the Blazers dont have another SG they will likely resign him.

Notable Free Agent SF's: Previous Salary
    Matt Barnes: 850k
    Mike Dunleavy: 3.7m

Notable Free Agent C's: Previous Salary
    Chris Kaman: 8m
    Samuel Dalembert: 6.6m
    Ronny Turiaf: 800k

Kaman didn't get much burn this past year, which probably affected his free agency value. He's only 31, which is significantly younger than Nazr. However, in a weak big man era he's likely to still get 6or more a year. Dalembert had that one monster game last year but then didn't get much burn. I'm not sure why he didn't get more pt especially on a team with a less than than stellar front court.

What kind of contracts do the Bulls have to offer? Just the MLE and Mini MLE?

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

HH also is missing Malcolm Thomas's 2nd year.

Chances Deng and/or Boozer get moved?

3-team trade:

Bulls, Nets and Timberwolves.

Bulls trade Deng and Hamilton along with the rights to Mirotic and our first round pick next year to Minnesota and Boozer to Nets.

Bulls receive Kevin Love from the Wolves and Humphries and Brooks from the Nets.

Nets receive Boozer who is a big upgrade over Humphries and also a player who has worked well with DWill and can also help Brook Lopez in the rebounding department. The russian owner of the Nets who is a billionaire has shown a willingness to spend big. If he took on Joe Johnson's contract he may be the only guy out there willing to take back Boozer's.

Wolves receive Deng an all star small forward who is major expiring deal and also Hamilton which they can buy out for 1 million and save even more money. They also receive Mirotic a high value prospect who plays in Spain and has a relationship with Rubio and also a draft pick.

Bulls receive Kevin Love an established all star player who would fit almost perfectly next to Noah and Rose to create a really nice big three. Jimmy would slide in nicely at the SF position to fill Deng's void. Marshon is a guy who can be a scorer who can create his own shot. He needs to be coached up but Thibs may be the perfect coach for him. He has unlimited potential offensively and defensively he has the quickness and length to be an effective defender especially in our system.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    3-team trade:

Bulls, Nets and Timberwolves.

Bulls trade Deng and Hamilton along with the rights to Mirotic and our first round pick next year to Minnesota and Boozer to Nets.

Bulls receive Kevin Love from the Wolves and Humphries and Brooks from the Nets.

Nets receive Boozer who is a big upgrade over Humphries and also a player who has worked well with DWill and can also help Brook Lopez in the rebounding department. The russian owner of the Nets who is a billionaire has shown a willingness to spend big. If he took on Joe Johnson's contract he may be the only guy out there willing to take back Boozer's.

Wolves receive Deng an all star small forward who is major expiring deal and also Hamilton which they can buy out for 1 million and save even more money. They also receive Mirotic a high value prospect who plays in Spain and has a relationship with Rubio and also a draft pick.

Bulls receive Kevin Love an established all star player who would fit almost perfectly next to Noah and Rose to create a really nice big three. Jimmy would slide in nicely at the SF position to fill Deng's void. Marshon is a guy who can be a scorer who can create his own shot. He needs to be coached up but Thibs may be the perfect coach for him. He has unlimited potential offensively and defensively he has the quickness and length to be an effective defender especially in our system.
    I like it, though both trades are slightly unlikely. Making the Rubio - Spain - Mirotic connection convinced me that at least the Wolves would THINK about it. If you swapped out the Bulls pick for the Charlotte pick that we own.. or maybe even gave both.. it may happen. However, I don't see Boozer being taken on by Brooklyn, even with the Russian Billionaire Willing To Spend spin that you put to it. That being said, I'm glad I'm not the only one that values Brooks' game.

What do you think of my trade from above?
    2) http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=o5payvw
    I don't envision all of these contracts (Hayes and Jimmer can stay) needing to come back to the Bulls. Once the season is over, and players come off the books, Sac should have more cap space.

Reason -- Bulls get shooting/scoring from Thornton, and a potential top 3 player in the league (in a couple years) in Cousins. Thibs, and the Bulls strong core, can keep Cousins in line (if anyone can, that is), while Sac gets rid of some headaches/contracts while getting two professionals back. And neither professional is a scrub, either. Both can ball. If necessary, I'd throw in either our first or the Charlotte pick to get Cousins. To make this even more of a perfect world (putting this in "reasons" because it would be too perfect) would be the Bulls getting a sign-and-traded Evans included.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I would love to get Kevin Love. I think he'd be the missing piece the Bulls really need to be a real contender.

C: Noah
    PF: Love
    SF: Butler
    SG: Brooks
    PG: Rose

Is anybody against amnestying Carlos Boozer and his huge salary?
    Bulls are paying Taj Gibson about 8.5 Mil as Booz' back up.
    Rip shouldn't be retained.
    I like Jodie Meeks, Im not against re-signing Belinelli.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Is anybody against amnestying Carlos Boozer and his huge salary?

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Just amnesty me, my contract is so f*cking stupid I won't even defend myself anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Crystallas
    It is my opinion that this is a legit question.
    Booze in an aging 31 yr old who had a history of injuries with a huge contract of 30 mil/2yrs
    . Mgt agreed to sign Taj for an average of 8.5 Mil/year.
    Booze upped his(1.2) pts to 16pts (by taking 2 more attempts) and 9 rebs but had his all time career low FG% of 47.7%.
    His 3.3 FTs/game is 2nd lowest in more than 8 yrs.
    There are available Free agents out there that can help fill the void for good shooting guard and a back up center.
    Im not saying to go ahead to amnesty him but I think they should consider doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    It is my opinion that this is a legit question.
    Booze in an aging 31 yr old who had a history of injuries with a huge contract of 30 mil/2yrs
    . Mgt agreed to sign Taj for an average of 8.5 Mil/year.
    Booze upped his(1.2) pts to 16pts (by taking 2 more attempts) and 9 rebs but had his all time career low FG% of 47.7%.
    His 3.3 FTs/game is 2nd lowest in more than 8 yrs.
    There are available Free agents out there that can help fill the void for good shooting guard and a back up center.
    Im not saying to go ahead to amnesty him but I think they should consider doing it.
    I want to amnesty him too. But it's not happening. No use hoping for something that wont happen.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

If we amnesty Boozer, who will we pick up as main pf? or will taj move to the starting lineup?

Hey now, let's give Amnesty props for really staying healthy the last two years when everyone else...hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Hey now, let's give Amnesty props for really staying healthy the last two years when everyone else...hasn't.
    He does deserve props for that tbh.