Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Rajon Rondo vs. Chris Paul

Right now, I'd take Rondo. Dudes been lighting it UP. 16 PPG, 10 APG, 5 RPG and 2 steals. He's been carrying us old Celtics. Completely taking over. While Chris Paul, all the way over at the west coast is averaging 16 points, 9 assists and 3 rebounds. Paul's been doing great as you can see but altogether, I'd rather have Rondo on my team.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Right now, I'd take Rondo. Dudes been lighting it UP. 16 PPG, 10 APG, 5 RPG and 2 steals. He's been carrying us old Celtics. Completely taking over. While Chris Paul, all the way over at the west coast is averaging 16 points, 9 assists and 3 rebounds. Paul's been doing great as you can see but altogether, I'd rather have Rondo on my team.
    Carrying them to 4-5. Sounds amazing. Guess who the Celtics have played so far?

Knicks
    Heat
    Hornets
    Pistons
    Wizards
    Wizards (twice in a row)
    Nets
    Pacers
    Mavs

So they have played 1 great team and two solid ones in Knicks and Mavs. Not only a weak schedule but guess who their wins came against? Not against the Knicks, Mavs or Heat but against the Wizards twice, Pistons and Nets. Color me unimpressed.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Rondo getting a lot of disrespect here.. was the best player in 2010 in a series with prime Lebron. Has put up playoff runs of 17/10/10, 16/9/6 while averaging 2-3 steals per game and being his team's most pesky defender. He's not the scorer Paul is but he does just about everything else better and has far more experience playing competitive playoff ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Overall is debatable but Rondo clearly has him beaten in choice of socks.
    What kind of obnoxious homerism is this? You didn't even consider the fat that he was playing on Christmas? I mean, at least pretend you're not biased. Ugh, mods.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Rondo getting a lot of disrespect here.. was the best player in 2010 in a series with prime Lebron. Has put up playoff runs of 17/10/10, 16/9/6 while averaging 2-3 steals per game and being his team's most pesky defender. He's not the scorer Paul is but he does just about everything else better and has far more experience playing competitive playoff ball.
    I disagree with your analysis. CP3 is a career 4.5 rpg PG at 5'11". Rondo is a career 5 rpg with a freak wingspan/hands and a taller frame at 6'1". Then you say a better defender. Celtics fans in recent years have come to known Rondo as an overrated defender. Chris Paul is a averaging more steals and plays man defense similar if not better this year.

Then you try to say better court vision/passing? Many people put CP3 up there with greats like Magic and Stockton in that regard. Why don't they say the same about Rondo? With Rondo you see a guy who has been called out MULTIPLE times for intentionally stat padding assists. Stopping on a break to wait for teammates to catch up instead of scoring a layup. His assists are similar to Love's rebounds. He focuses on purely making assists rather than doing the right thing.

Not only that but Rondo has played with a loaded team his entire career. I honestly feel if you threw him onto a team like the Bobcats he would be lucky to put up 10 and 5. Chris Paul has proven he can not only play with a superstar.. but carry scrubs to good records/playoffs.

wheres the smite button when i needed it.

Chris Paul is by far the better player.

better passer, better scorer, can control the tempo of the game better, better at everything besides defense.

Rondo's rebounding numbers doesnt mean shit to me since his team is like dead last in rebounding.
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 01-14-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    wheres the smite button when i need it.

Chris Paul is by far the better player.

Pre Injury CP3 >> Current Rajon Rondo

Current Rajon Rondo >> Post Injury Cp3/Current CP3

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I don't find it funny. I agree with him

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23

The thing about Rondo is that he's not that good in the first face.

Rondo is an All Star... thats as far as i can go. He's not a superstar, a play to build around from the ground up, or even a reliable go-to guy since his jump shot is still questionable.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Did CP3 have these haters before he joined the Clippers? . Rondo isn't worthy to be mentioned in the same breath as CP3 and never has been. Even CP3 at 75 percent>Rondo normally. Funny thing is Rondo is having a big year because everybody around him is struggling and he's having to carry more.

CP3 is playing with another franchise player/superstar who's averaging what 23 or 24 ppg? Then he's playing with other 16 ppg scorers in Butler and Billups. 16, 9 and 3 while getting used to new teammates and when you're not conditioned early in season is still elite for a PG.
    It's hilarious that after years of hearing Rondo's assist totals poo-pooed over having great teammates you want to act like playing alongside Blake Griffin is somehow holding Paul back when the desire to play with great players is why Paul wanted to be traded in the first place. What, are there no assists to be found in "Lob City?" Please name one PG in the history of basketball that wouldn't want to play with Blake Griffin. There's no Paul hate here there's just you being so overly sensitive that you view analysis as something to be reviled. Your homerism has made you anti-thought. And since when is not being conditioned an excuse for anything? You're a pro athlete, you have a responsibility to keep yourself in shape so the fact that Rondo maintained himself in the prolonged offseason while Paul did whatever Paul did is no excuse or justification for anything. CP3 is certainly elite but you don't get a sliding grading scale for laziness and/or poor diet.

Rondo is scoring more than he would normally for 2 reasons, one of which is his teammate's decline but the other is that he has worked on his jumper to make himself a better scorer. This isn't volume chucking, he shoots 51.8%.

Paul may still show himself to be better by season's end but right now the only guy that's separated himself from the pack is Derrick Rose.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Rondo's jumper looks solid thus far. His FT shooting hasn't improved though.

Rondo. Last season he was developing, I think he's going to progress more within the next two seasons. This kids potential is skys high.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Yes

The past 2 seasons this has been said. Hilarious
    I should rephrase it a bit: two years ago, Rondo's jumper was nonexistent, shooting was something he simply didn't do. Last year it graduated to existence and was simply bad. This year I'd go so far as to call it below-average. It's reminding me a lot of the evolution of Jason Kidd as a shooter. They're not the same player overall but there's a lot of similarity.

Banned

1. Derrick Rose
    2. Deron Williams
    3. Rajon Rondo
    4. Chris Paul
    5. Russell Westbrook

Top 5 PG's right now