Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Lakers are now 1-11 when Kobe scores 30 or more points

Quote Originally Posted by White Mamba
    Ok I'm going to watch them right now
    Actually, go watch the black mamba when he won his MVP. It is a whole new Kobe. He needs to be like that if this team wants to succeed, not this shot chucking queeer overly obssessed with Kareems scoring title.

Trust me, I was his fan again in that year.

When I say, "again" I meant I was his biggest fan as a rookie leading to his 2nd championship. He has it in him to be better than Lebron, but somehow, someway, he just thought he was this major hot shot scoring machine when he put up 81 .. and from then on, dude just didn't care about anything else besides getting his shots.

Then he was just another Iverson. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    So one year is going to make a difference. That one more year convinced you that watching Toronto wasn't an awful experience? Or that Gasol and Nash are awful?
    No, I'm just saying it's 18 years man. The Raptors have existed including this year, their 18th season.

Bosh isn't triangle friendly. He isn't an inside anchor on defense or offense. Doesn't block a lot of shots or get a lot of assist. The guy I responded to said Kobe teammates were awful and they are three HOFer's on teams they were largely responsible for being an integral piece on excellent teams. Toronto was never an excellent team and VC and Bosh may very well not make it in the HOF (I hope they both do tho). Miami would take Gasol for Bosh in a minute right now. Bosh doesn't even claim a spot near the rim half the time. Wade and Lebron often block more shots than him and take more shots near the rim. Lebron out rebounds him way too much. He's a rouge roaming power forward/center on a team that needs a post player.
    Whether they are HOFers or not, I was considering their play as of now. I think we just got mixed signals.

And your right about Toronto never have excellent teams, I saw them play. I and other Raptor fans maintain it's management and ownership problem, more than the players we build around problem.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Trust me, I was his fan again in that year.

When I say, "again" I meant I was his biggest fan as a rookie leading to his 2nd championship. He has it in him to be better than Lebron, but somehow, someway, he just thought he was this major hot shot scoring machine when he put up 81 .. and from then on, dude just didn't care about anything else besides getting his shots.

Then he was just another Iverson. Sad.
    You are not a true basketball fan. How can you sit here and diss a legend. It's like pissing on West and Kareem.

I don't know why you suddenly dislike Kobe but you need to dig deep down inside and find out why you love the game of basketball.

Stop nitpicking what Kobe needs to do and enjoy his greatness. Everyone on the Lakers can improve but Kobe's the last one to blame. He's already leading by example and letting a coach run him to the ground with the minutes he's playing.

Actually, go watch the black mamba when he won his MVP. It is a whole new Kobe. He needs to be like that if this team wants to succeed, not this shot chucking queeer overly obssessed with Kareems scoring title.
    Bryant can't play like he did in 07-08, he's just not that athletic and explosive anymore. He can't commit and be the defender he was in that season either.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    You are not a true basketball fan. How can you sit here and diss a legend. It's like pissing on West and Kareem.

I don't know why you suddenly dislike Kobe but you need to dig deep down inside and find out why you love the game of basketball.

Stop nitpicking what Kobe needs to do and enjoy his greatness. Everyone on the Lakers can improve but Kobe's the last one to blame. He's already leading by example and letting a coach run him to the ground with the minutes he's playing.
    A true basketball fan will see Kobe for what he is.

After watching all the greats, I know for a fact Kobe has been missing one essential element that defines greatness: making the guys around him better.

Lebron has already shown signs of this greatness, and to a lesser extent, Durant and Rose.

Kobe just isn't in that echelon; the only way we will know for sure is if we replace those 3 guys and put them on the Lakers, but that won't happen for you to believe.

You can't understand the thinking of a purist. It takes time and years of dedication to see the game at this level.

After watching all the greats, I know for a fact Kobe has been missing one essential element that defines greatness: making the guys around him better.

Lebron has already shown signs of this greatness, and to a lesser extent, Durant and Rose.

Kobe just isn't in that echelon; the only way we will know for sure is if we replace those 3 guys and put them on the Lakers, but that won't happen for you to believe.

You can't understand the thinking of a purist. It takes time and years of dedication to see the game at this level.
    Is that why all the guys LeBron has played with throughout his career have their career years either before they play with him or after he leaves?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Is that why all the guys LeBron has played with throughout his career have their career years either before they play with him or after he leaves?
    Just stop talking to him, we should all ignore him.

This is what greatness does. When you're winning and you have a shit game or something or you do something well you're the 5x t10 goat doing amazing but when youre losing its your fault meeks shot 3-11 tonight. Its just how it is. lebron had to go through it his entire career and now kobe has to do it on the end of his run.

we'll see if its the haters or the fns talking when nash and gasol return.. all there is to it.. and it all depends on the wins

Dunking on everybody in the park

I'll be the first to criticise Kobe when he ball hogs, but this season I've gained quite a bit of respect, as he is playing hard, and TBH if he doesn't put up those points, where else is it going to come from right now?

Howard - out of shape and will take a while to be who he use to be, even then without a good point guard, he ain't scoring with his robot post moves and terrible free throws.

Jamison - too old..

Metta - need I say more..

Laker's PG - crap, all of them apart from Nash but even then he's 39 and wasn't playing well before he went down with injury, and he isn't going to be great when he comes back, book it....just too old again.

Jordan Hill - average player, but not a 20 PPG man...

Jodie meeks - can't play PG, too small to play SG, Kobe takes his minutes....can score a bit though, but again not a 20 PPG

Gasol - declined big time, but mentally looks defeated. He needs to go somewhere new to find a new lease of life. He could easily put 19PPG somewhere else as a second fiddle.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Kobe doesn't make his team mates better, true....but his incredible scoring offsets that somewhat.

I know Shaq was the main man, but even he acknowledged that he needed Kobe for those three rings. Kobe's perimeter scoring allowed Shaq the space to operate inside.

Quote Originally Posted by stevieming
    Kobe doesn't make his team mates better, true....but his incredible scoring offsets that somewhat.

I know Shaq was the main man, but even he acknowledged that he needed Kobe for those three rings. Kobe's perimeter scoring allowed Shaq the space to operate inside.
    Shaq's ability to integrate Kobe into the offense and those around him shows signs of a true leader; it took Fisher to find the balance between Pau and Kobe to win 2 more championships.

Kobe has yet to win a championship as a true leader: this is something a purist can only understand.

The Laker's misfortune won't improve until Kobe gives up his reign to either Nash, Howard, or god forbid, the coach.

As is, Kobe has proven he is nothing more than another Iverson when given this responsibility: all show, no substance.

Banned

The Laker's misfortune won't improve until Kobe gives up his reign to either Nash, Howard, or god forbid, the coach.

As is, Kobe has proven he is nothing more than another Iverson when given this responsibility: all show, no substance.
    I believe you don't watch basketball and you are trolling the hell out of us. Stupid for us to even respond.

yea....let's give up the reigns to Nash and Howard whom won many many championships.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Mo Williams?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I believe you don't watch basketball and you are trolling the hell out of us. Stupid for us to even respond.

yea....let's give up the reigns to Nash and Howard whom won many many championships.

They have proven they can make the guys around them better, Kobe has not. That is the difference.