Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Default Re: Andray Blatche fined $15k by bored NBA suits...

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I also love not being a grouchy douche, because i don't want to step on your toes.

Yes, you have to be from Brooklyn to listen to WFAN, the other boroughs have their own radio stations.
    That first one was funny i liked it...understated with an almost aristocratic aura to it.

Thats fine ill be the grouchy douche here.... Im the Scott Steiner of this forum.

I watched this 3 times and still have no idea what he is being fined for...?

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    That first one was funny i liked it...understated with an almost aristocratic aura to it.

Thats fine ill be the grouchy douche here.... Im the Scott Steiner of this forum.
    No, you're more along the lines of a hipster whose latte was served with less foam than he liked it.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
    His agent fees are around 4% and he's paying 30% of it in taxes. He will still walk with 45k after the night. Plus, his fine is tax deductible as well, so he'll get some of that money back. Anyways, I don't care about his money, I care about mine. It's crazy how large these checks are of NBA players.

Then you have conglomerate personalities like LeBron earning more money in endorsements than in NBA salary.

Federal tax rate - 33%
    NY State tax - 8.8%
    City of NY - 3.6%
    Agent fees -4%

49.4%

It should also be pointed out that Blatche makes 1.35MM/82 = 16,770/gm. Of which he kept 50.6% = $8484. So the fine was ~2 games of income.

It also just came out that 73% of NBA players are broke within 5 years of leaving the NBA. $#!! like this is one reason.

If your boss took ~2.3% of your annual take home because you made a dumb gesture you would certainly be pissed. Not only that but the average NBA career is 6 years. So this could be akin to a .4% CAREER fine.

$15,000 for that? Let me tell ya....David Stern has HUGE balls to fine him for that....balls THIS big.....

Shit! Stern just fined me for that.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

All money from these Big Ball Dance fines should go to researching Testicular Cancer.

NBA Superstar

I like how they fine him for this but just let LeBron disgrace the game with 2-3 obvious flops every game; flops they are supposed to fine players for