Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Teletovic : Best or Bust?

He's played a grand total of 47 minutes this season, and not on anything resembling a regular schedule. Don't you think it might be just a tad early to call the guy a bust?

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    Agreed, when he's on, he can win any game by himself, but you need to let him shoot.
    chains can you tell this gabepizza nut to shut up about Childress. He has been claiming ever since he got here that Childress was one of the best players in Europe.

I'm sick of this guy's endless trolling here.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Funny how this joke was 2nd in scoring, 2nd in rebounds and was selected to All-Euroleague 2nd team.
    Funny how he was NOT 2nd in scoring and he was NOT 2nd in rebounds, but you keep LYING and claiming that he was.

GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    He's played a grand total of 47 minutes this season, and not on anything resembling a regular schedule. Don't you think it might be just a tad early to call the guy a bust?
    Not to NBA only fans. Rubio was god of Euroleague and guys like Teletovic, Maciauskas, Spanoulis were NBA busts without even getting a chance to play.

Welcome to the world of the NBA only fan, and how they "analyze" European players.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHAKIDD532
    What do you propose then, should we only have a discussion after the fact when everything is already clear? Like two years from now when Teletovic is gone from the NBA we all come together and say "Eh, that guy was not very good aye?"? ISH would be the most boring thing in the history of the internet if we did that.

This is the premise of the thread: Will he get better or not? Saying that we don't know what the future holds is a useless comment.

Signing Teletovic to so much money was a mistake. I have such a hard time to understand what is going on in the heads of the Nets management, because you really think they would analyse before they throw 15 million at a player what that player can bring to this team. I fail to see how Teletovic would improve the team even in the very best case scenario. Maybe for a team like the Bobcats trying to get a one dimensional scorer and hoping he pans out is a worthwhile gamble, but for the Nets? Just a terrible decision all around.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Signing Teletovic to so much money was a mistake. I have such a hard time to understand what is going on in the heads of the Nets management, because you really think they would analyse before they throw 15 million at a player what that player can bring to this team. I fail to see how Teletovic would improve the team even in the very best case scenario. Maybe for a team like the Bobcats trying to get a one dimensional scorer and hoping he pans out is a worthwhile gamble, but for the Nets? Just a terrible decision all around.
    I can't exactly remember when he got signed but, I guess they wanted to pair him with Howard, which could have worked.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    What do you propose then, should we only have a discussion after the fact when everything is already clear? Like two years from now when Teletovic is gone from the NBA we all come together and say "Eh, that guy was not very good aye?"? ISH would be the most boring thing in the history of the internet if we did that.

This is the premise of the thread: Will he get better or not? Saying that we don't know what the future holds is a useless comment.

Where are you getting this $15 million figure from? He does not make anything close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Not to NBA only fans. Rubio was god of Euroleague and guys like Teletovic, Maciauskas, Spanoulis were NBA busts without even getting a chance to play.

Welcome to the world of the NBA only fan, and how they "analyze" European players.
    Well, if they were any good wouldn't the coach play them?

Funny how he was NOT 2nd in scoring and he was NOT 2nd in rebounds, but you keep LYING and claiming that he was.

GTFO
    2nd in scoring and rebounds for his team, not the whole league. Sorry if I didn't specify that. And it was on the team that made the Euroleague final. Here are the team stats of Olympiacos the year they made the Euroleague Final:

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2009

If you notice Childress is 2nd in scoring and in rebounding. So he was arguably the 2nd best player on arguably the 2nd best team. No wonder he was selected for all-Euroleague 2nd team that year.

2nd in scoring and rebounds for his team, not the whole league. Sorry if I didn't specify that. And it was on the team that made the Euroleague final. Here are the team stats of Olympiacos the year they made the Euroleague Final:

If you notice Childress is 2nd in scoring and in rebounding. So he was arguably the 2nd best player on arguably the 2nd best team. No wonder he was selected for all-Euroleague 2nd team that year.
    You know what. I'm going to correct myself. Looking at those stats Childress is arguably the 3rd best player (after Kleiza and Teodosic) on the 2nd best team. Still that is far from "trash".

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCrayon
    Well, if they were any good wouldn't the coach play them?
    No.

Why the hell didn't Drazen Petrovic play?

It's been going on for many years in the NBA. American coaches have a bias against European players.

You are nuts.

No.

It's been going on for many years in the NBA. American coaches have a bias against European players.
    Yeah Petrovic is good example. Thing is that some coaches tries European players for 5 minutes and then expects magic, if they don't see it they just bench them while those players were playing in the nba their first minutes ever and it's a different game from Europe. Good that Petrovic was smart enough to call out his coach so he got sent to another team where he got time to play and made his previous coach look retarded.

Josh Childress is easily one of the worst players I haver ever seen in the Euroleague or the NBA. It's unbelievable how good that guy's agent is.
    He was one of the best player and 2nd team all star in Euroleague.

There is something seriously wrong with you. I have no idea what it is, but I seriously think you're a crazy person.

No.

Drazen was in a bad situation and he eventually did get to play when he got to the Nets. If coaches have a bias against European players, can you explain why Dragic is a starter and Valanciunas and Prigioni among others get consistent minutes? Also, these coaches see their players in practice everyday. I am pretty sure that if the guy was any good both the players and coaches would recognize it. Even if the coach doesn't play them, at least one of the players would speak out about it.