Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone Else Like The Bennett Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Seems like the Cavs were focused solely on taking the most talented guy. Seeing as how Noel and McClemore slipped, it seems there was no real consensus among GMs who the BPA was. And Porter is overrated imo. At least if Bennett busts you can say you went for potential. Porter has low upside and poor lateral quickness.
    Seems like this is what it came down to with Cavs management.

But I probably still would have taken Oladipo if i were taking the most talented of the Top 5.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Except Bennett is more powerful around the rim than Milsap and plays above the rim. Milsap plays under the rim.

Don't worry, he will jump on his bandwagon if he dominates. Brandon was bashing Irving not too long ago. Now he is an Irving stan

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    I don't understand what you're talking about. Cavs have passed over each of the following the last three years:

Valancuinas
    Drummond
    Noel

I mean, what sense does that make when Varejao can't stay healthy? And oh btw, you trade up to draft Zeller last year.

Makes no sense.

whatever... how can you not trust the cavs decision. i think it is a great pick for them. they obviouslty had a reason they didnt pick noel (probly knee and weight). it isn't like valancuinas or drummond were hugely successful either.

we made two great picks in 2011 and two great picks in 2012

and imo two great picks in 2013. bennett is a f*ckin beast. he is a freshman and already has a great game.

he isn't gonna win rookie of the year or anything, but he will be good.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Seems like this is what it came down to with Cavs management.

But I probably still would have taken Oladipo if i were taking the most talented of the Top 5.
    Yea, Oladipo would have been an amazing compliment to Irving. Waiters is talented, but I don't think he is a great match in the backcourt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    Didn't he shoot 38% from three? A 6'7"-6'8" freshman who shoots that well from the outside would give me more than enough confidence that he will be a good shooter in the NBA. What did you see from him that makes you worried? His form is fine.

Overall, not sure how he will pan out. Lateral quickness is the big question mark for me. I do think he might benefit from the more open style of the NBA kinda like how Barnes has.

i think he can be transformed into a small forward, but that may be me.... he is a freshman in college and can already shoot amazingly for his size. it isn't like he is a 4th year senior that is a tweener.

i may be the only cavs fan excited about the pick. i just found out about it an hour ago because i got home from work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Still inconsistent from 3 to be a regular SF in the league imo. I'm not even sure if he could play the position. He's just a natural 4.

If he were drafted onto any other team, there's no doubt in my mind that coaches would put him at the 4. Right off the bat. Just seemed like a bizarre pick with Thompson blossoming, and Varejao injured. Didn't they just trade for TRob too?

Idk, like a lock for CLE to get a Center or a SF... Len, Noel, Porter, maybe even Oladipo. I'd still take any of those guys ahead of Bennett.
    Fair enough. I just think his jump shot is the least of the Cavs worries. Whether he will pan out or not is another thing. People here seem to think they know everything...I'm gonna wait to watch him play.

But I will reiterate what I said in my last post. Like Barnes in GS this year, I think Bennett will benefit from a more open floor than anyone else in the draft.

If you watched him play in the Mountain West this past season, there were times I don't think a knife could have cut through some of those defenses, let alone a player with Bennett's bulk. He was forced to become a spot up and turn around shooter at times because defenses absolutely caved in on him. I don't know if you watched UNLV play against the likes of Colorado St, NM and SD St. I'd say that made his jumper look shakier than it is at times as well because he kinda forced shots he didn't need to take, but that's more a not handling the defense properly thing (coaches fault too) rather than any inherent shooting problem. Bennett will have a lot more room to breath in the NBA. But then again, for that same reason, his defense may get exposed even more.

Don't worry, he will jump on his bandwagon if he dominates. Brandon was bashing Irving not too long ago. Now he is an Irving stan
    I wasn't high on Irving either, but i admit I was wrong on that pick.

I like how PB bashed Irving when the Cavs picked him, now he's doing the same thing now when Bennett hasn't even stepped on the floor.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Bennett is a lot more athletic than Millsap. And considering you're wrong about everything, the Cavs probably made the right move. You were on here not too long ago talking about how Irving would be a bust. Now you're all over his balls
    Link me post where I said that, stop making bullshit up

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin
    But I will reiterate what I said in my last post. Like Barnes in GS this year, I think Bennett will benefit from a more open floor than anyone else in the draft.
    If he takes his 1 three a game like he did in college I'm fine with that. Especially if he hits them at a 33%+ clip. I'd like him to stay 17 feet within the bucket (ala Chris Webber).

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Please link a post where you think I said that cause it was never said, stop embarrassing yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    If he takes his 1 three a game like he did in college I'm fine with that. Especially if he hits them at a 33%+ clip. I'd like him to stay 17 feet within the bucket (ala Chris Webber).
    There really shouldn't be any excuse for him to hang around the three point line. The Cavs coaches really facked up if he has the mindset of shooting a lot of perimeter shots. It's easy for talented players to fall in love with the three, but hopefully his mentality dictates a more aggressive game and the coaching will play a important part. Nothing from what I've seen worries me too much about that, however.

Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

I never bashed Irving when he was drafted LMAO

Is he currently injured right now? If so what is it? Recovery? I heard he was 250-260 right now because of the injury?

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    I never bashed Irving when he was drafted LMAO
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=216885

Didn't he bash Waiters too?
    Bennett is gonna be a star