Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Official MVP Voting Results: Dirk wins, Nash 2nd, Kobe 3rd, Duncan 4th, LeBron 5th

http://www.insidehoops.com/nowitzki-mvp-051507.shtml

Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks was named the winner of the Maurice Podoloff Trophy as the NBA’s Most Valuable Player for the 2006-07 season, the NBA announced today.

Full voting results for the award are below.

The nine-year NBA veteran totaled 1,138 points, including 83 first place votes, from a panel of 129 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada. Players were awarded 10 points for each first-place vote, seven points for each second-place vote, five for third, three for fourth and one for each fifth-place vote received.

Rounding out the top five in voting for MVP were Phoenix’s Steve Nash (1,013 points/44 first-place votes), the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant (521 points/two first-place votes), San Antonio’s Tim Duncan (286 points) and Cleveland’s LeBron James (183 points).

Default Re: Official MVP Voting Results: Dirk wins, Nash 2nd, Kobe 3rd, Duncan 4th, LeBron 5th

Seems fair, same top 5 I would have picked if I had a vote.

Well might have Duncan over Kobe, but could go either way.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Default Re: Official MVP Voting Results: Dirk wins, Nash 2nd, Kobe 3rd, Duncan 4th, LeBron 5th

Wow, I really thought Duncan was going to finish 3rd in the voting.

Default Re: Official MVP Voting Results: Dirk wins, Nash 2nd, Kobe 3rd, Duncan 4th, LeBron 5t

And that should have also been 1st Team All NBA.

Saw a basketball once jason.detrick's Avatar

Ok thats fine I agree except I would switch Nash and Dirk around and give it to nash but thats ok Dirk (even though I really don't like him) Deserves it if you don't give it to nash.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Default Re: Official MVP Voting Results: Dirk wins, Nash 2nd, Kobe 3rd, Duncan 4th, LeBron 5t

i'm surprised kobe, tim, and bron were so far behind dirk and steve. anybody think someone else should have made the top five instead of those guys? tmac maybe? just wondering.

Banned

disgraceful.

nothing short of disgraceful.

Dirk.

it gets funnier and funnier by the day, too, as we watch GS get their asses handed to them by the 5th seeded Jazz and Nash play like more of a warrior each night. honestly, next game I expect him to get his right hand chopped off 5 minutes before tip off and end up with 22/13 and the win.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Congrats, Dirk. You're the man!

Where is Amare Stoudemire? That is why Tim Duncan should be listed as a Center instead of a PF so that Lebron will be an NBA first team.

Anyway, Congratulations Dirk but the Cavaliers might have a huge chance playing in the NBA Finals while you are at home watching in your Tivo.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

Dirk did deserve it...but it's hillarious how all the articles discussing it are 50% dedicated his first round flameout and what a disgrace it is for MVP to be that big of a choker. About as Pyrrhic a victory as winning that sort of award could be.

I might have had T-Mac in the fifth place but that list is hard to argue with.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    Dirk did deserve it...but it's hillarious how all the articles discussing it are 50% dedicated his first round flameout and what a disgrace it is for MVP to be that big of a choker. About as Pyrrhic a victory as winning that sort of award could be.

I might have had T-Mac in the fifth place but that list is hard to argue with.

Tracy Mcgrady is a big time choker than Dirk Nowitski the guy never make it in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs.

You cannot get Lebron out of that lists because among those top 5 he has the chance to make it in the NBA Finals and mybe the Cavaliers will the help of God and some suprising luck might win the NBA Championship and Bron as Finals MVP.

Then nexts year Lebron will not play for the USA TEAM so that he can concentrate his time in winning his 1st of many Maurice Podoloff Trophy.

Good college starter Valliant13's Avatar

"Tracy Mcgrady is a big time choker than Dirk Nowitski the guy never make it in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs.

You cannot get Lebron out of that lists because among those top 5 he has the chance to make it in the NBA Finals"

Regular season award.
    How they do in the playoffs has nothing to do with who deserved to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Valliant13
    "Tracy Mcgrady is a big time choker than Dirk Nowitski the guy never make it in the 2nd round of the NBA playoffs.

You cannot get Lebron out of that lists because among those top 5 he has the chance to make it in the NBA Finals"

Regular season award.
    How they do in the playoffs has nothing to do with who deserved to win.

Lebron James 27/7/6, Another 50 wins in the regular season with an average coach and a mediocre supporting casts.

College star

I'm really surprised Bron got neither a 1st nor a 2nd place vote.

MVP is deserved for Dirk

Voting results seem pretty good, though I don't understand why Duncan is so far behind Kobe, or that he got no 1st place votes (I would have expected at leasta couple).