Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 12345671454 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 Discussion

Rose, Deron, Blake or KD on the cover? Or could it be all 4 of them?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Rose shouldn't be, he's injured.

Blake shouldn't be, he's useless.

Deron shouldn't be, he's been overshadowed as a top point guard.

It should be Durant or LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Rose shouldn't be, he's injured.

Blake shouldn't be, he's useless.

Deron shouldn't be, he's been overshadowed as a top point guard.

It should be Durant or LeBron.
    Theres a Brooklyn Bridge, a Rose, a Griffin and a Tarantula so unless 2k is trolling, it is gonna be one of them players.

Your argument for Blake and Deron were pretty dumb.

what's the hook this year?

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Theres a Brooklyn Bridge, a Rose, a Griffin and a Tarantula so unless 2k is trolling, it is gonna be one of them players.

Your argument for Blake and Deron were pretty dumb.
    I know those are the obvious hints. They might do another fan vote.

My argument for both was lazily constructed.

Blake is the wanna-be poster boy whose biggest successes are flopping/complaining, Kia commercials, and rigging dunk contests. Yes I'm a hater but he doesn't deserve the cover seeing as he's not even #1 on his team.

Deron has been extremely quiet. Not even making an All-NBA team this year. The only reason Deron makes sense is to give Brooklyn some exposure...

I do kind of like Deron as a player, but he shouldn't be a cover athlete.

Keep in mind this is the first current player in 2 years following MJ and MJ/Magic/Bird. It should be Durant or LeBron.

Actually, it should be Durant and LeBron seeing as they are the 2 best in the game and playing in the finals. Build the rivalry etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    I know those are the obvious hints. They might do another fan vote.

My argument for both was lazily constructed.

Blake is the wanna-be poster boy whose biggest successes are flopping/complaining, Kia commercials, and rigging dunk contests. Yes I'm a hater but he doesn't deserve the cover seeing as he's not even #1 on his team.

Deron has been extremely quiet. Not even making an All-NBA team this year. The only reason Deron makes sense is to give Brooklyn some exposure...

I do kind of like Deron as a player, but he shouldn't be a cover athlete.

Keep in mind this is the first current player in 2 years following MJ and MJ/Magic/Bird. It should be Durant or LeBron.

Actually, it should be Durant and LeBron seeing as they are the 2 best in the game and playing in the finals. Build the rivalry etc.
    I pretty much agree, Deron has not done much this season, but as someone who likes the Nets, I hope he gets it.

It will probably be a vote if that is the case, no way Deron wins

Edit: Actually I think I got the Hint, it is likely you could chose from 4 different covers. like last years 2k with MJ, Magic and Bird.
    Last edited by D12"Magic"; 06-21-2012 at 03:57 PM.

Maybe. It's either that or a vote like they did with the Kobe ones (which there was also 4 options... right?)

I'm still buying 2k13 and hoping things are fixed, corrected, added. Wishful thinking? Perhaps. I know servers wont be addressed. But I'm hoping they steal the Online Franchise ideas from Madden for 2k13. Because making people admins/commish, allowing someone to drop/be kicked out and be able to return are just a few things that would help. Bringing back My player pick up and Crew would be great. Gives me a reason to play My Player extensively.

If they wont get servers like EA atleast upgrade what you have. I dont like the dropped games.

So I'll buy. But what I wont do is buy any DLC. They tried it 2k12 and I didnt budge. Wont budge this time. This All Star Weekend should be free. I understand the pre order crew gets first dibs, but later on this should be a gift. Otherwise? I wont buy. I mean afterall Blacktop mode is basically All Star weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'm still buying 2k13 and hoping things are fixed, corrected, added. Wishful thinking? Perhaps
    Not perhaps. Absolutely.

As long as people still buy the game, they're not going to change anything.

Banned

It's the Dream Team on the cover guys. They're going to milk the legends as much as they can since this is the last year in Jordan's contract with 2K.

- Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    It's the Dream Team on the cover guys. They're going to milk the legends as much as they can since this is the last year in Jordan's contract with 2K.

- Smak
    So the Tarantula, Roses, the Griffin bird and the Brooklyn Bridge mean nothing?

MJ was born in BK, but that does not explain the rest.

Im tired of the Legend things, it was fun, but now they seem to be milking it as much as they can, focus on ways to improve the game instead.

If 2k is done with the legends, why don't they just go with last season's MVP/FMVP for the cover athlete each year?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I'm still buying 2k13 and hoping things are fixed, corrected, added.

So I'll buy. But what I wont do is buy any DLC. They tried it 2k12 and I didnt budge. Wont budge this time. This All Star Weekend should be free. I understand the pre order crew gets first dibs, but later on this should be a gift. Otherwise? I wont buy. I mean afterall Blacktop mode is basically All Star weekend.
    I'm with you in regards to my impending purchase of 2K13. I'm actually still having a great time with 2K12 so it's not as if they have the world to prove to me. But I'm still hoping for a lot of key fixes (particularly defensive player movement, layup logic, and block physics). Thankfully, the problems seem clear and obvious enough to garner 2K's attention.

Regarding the DLC, I'm very big into classic teams, so that was an absolute buy for me. The content itself was quite lame (the street tournament) but the ability to unlock droves of additional classic players for use in the regular game sold me immediately. Since then, there's been some nasty classic rosters out there, featuring dozens of additional teams with a bevy of accurate player models, jerseys, shorts, etc.

For instance, the DLC led to the creation of the '93 Suns, with their sunburst uniforms and full roster (outside of created Chuck). '00 Blazers, '91 Celtics, '96 Pistons, '01 76ers, '77 Blazers, '94 Warriors, '97 Bullets. . . just a ton of options for an XBox360 guy interested in current teams and classics.

Quote Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
    Im tired of the Legend things, it was fun, but now they seem to be milking it as much as they can, focus on ways to improve the game instead.
    I don't have any issues with legends taking a back seat in terms of marketing, but I'm hopeful they always remain a part of the game itself. For me, adding classic teams and improving them (with court art, authentic jerseys) is improving the game. Though if you're referring to gameplay alterations, I'm relatively certain the art folks handling classic players faces, court art, and jerseys is a different crew from the ones responsible for coding gameplay.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 06-22-2012 at 02:06 PM.

I buy NBA 2k and other sports games like Madden like once every 3 years. Just not worth it every year. I'll play 2k12 for a few years and then get a new one.

Banned

It's Blake, Durant and Rose for the cover