Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Post-game discussion of Lakers-Magic NBA Finals Game 3

After watching game 3, I think Kobe really do got that street hunger son you see how he fouled Lewis with 0.5 secs left? Man that's street hunger for ya...

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Man
    Best way to sum it up. Look, Orlando basically played the game of thier lives and won by 4. And it was mainly due to our screw-ups near the end more than Magic defense. They made every damn shot last night. D Howard looked like kareem at times, making running sky hooks and sh*t. Rafer looked like Chris Paul, running around making whatever shot he felt like. Hell, tell me Pietrus didn't look like Kobe on that turnaround fadeaway on Luke? Honestly, this was all expected. We knew these dudes would be amped up. The thing that Orlando should be taking a hard look at is the fact that we still could of, and should of, won that game.

Now, as I told someone all day yesterday (you know who you are), when Orlando plays like that, they are tough. They shot less 3s last night and played more inside-out. When they chuck 20+ 3s, we got em.Here's hoping they got back to 3 ball in Game 5.
    Check it. The Miami Heat never beat Dallas by more than 10 points in any of the Finals game. Check it.

Default Re: Kobe trying to regain that street hunger

Quote Originally Posted by bballer
    I am wondering what the point of this thread was?
    I thought that it was to discuss the game. Anyway, the Lakers did their best, it is just that the Magic was shooting lights out. Come now, when Mickael Pietrus hit that running floater..sideways, I knew then that we had our work cut out for us.

Overall, the effort was there. We just could not hit shots down the last part of the game.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

The Magics played a perfect game, as good a game as they'll ever hope to play, while the Lakers played a sub-par game, and still the Magic only won by 2 points (before the 2 free throws at the end after the game was decided).

Saw a basketball once cormacraig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
    Game 3 was the pivotal game. It was either go down 3-0 and stand no chance of winning or get a win back and go 2-1, with a chance to try and even the series and possibly take a lead after game 5.
    If I was a Magic fan, I'd cheer up thanks to the Stanley Cup final series, where the Pens return form 0-2 all the way to a seventh game.

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    The Magics played a perfect game, as good a game as they'll ever hope to play, while the Lakers played a sub-par game, and still the Magic only won by 2 points (before the 2 free throws at the end after the game was decided).
    I hate when people post homer garbage. Sure they shot lights out but they still had far too many stupid turnovers which almost cost them. Believe it or not, there's more to playing well than shooting percentage. If they ever get their turnover situation worked out + shoot decently then they will be playing a good a game as they'll ever hope to play. Please cut the hyperbole nonsense.

Default Re: Kobe Bryant chokes in the NBA Finals again

Quote Originally Posted by bruceblitz
    Kobe game 1:
    4th quarter? 1-5fg (doesn't really matter/blowout)
    Kobe game 2:
    4th quarter? 3 turnovers, 2-5fg
    Kobe game 3:
    misses 13 of his last 17 shots

Some closer.
    Without the personal attack bs against blitz, can any Laker fan actually STAY ON TOPIC and defend this?

Point out how this is an "all time great, top 10 player of all time" performance?

Cut all the nonsense and just focus on the ISSUE.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    I hate when people post homer garbage. Sure they shot lights out but they still had far too many stupid turnovers which almost cost them. Believe it or not, there's more to playing well than shooting percentage. If they ever get their turnover situation worked out + shoot decently then they will be playing a good a game as they'll ever hope to play. Please cut the hyperbole nonsense.
    Both teams had 13 turnovers. That's quite typical for Orlando, and against the TO-generating Lakers, not bad. It's the best that I've seen Orlando play in this playoffs, pretty much playing up to their best potential, and in basketball we call this "playing perfect"

Orlando shot amazing considering that the Lakers loaded the paint and forced them to take a lot of jumpshots. They rebounded well, played excellent defense, and ran the ball better than they ever did during this playoffs. Excellent passing and offense. SVG was happy with the way they played for the first time this entire season.

I have never seen Orlando play with this much intensity. They played like crap against 76ers and the Celtics, and played like crap in their first 2 games against the Cavs (they were down by 23 and 16 at half-times for a reason) but happened to split it 1-1 anyway. They played like crap again Game 1 against the Lakers. But Games 2 and 3, man they played some great basketball.

This Game 3... Kobe failed us. He didn't do his job as a closer. It is one of those rare moments that won't happen again.
    Last edited by cotdt; 06-10-2009 at 10:02 AM.

nashisbest
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

bout time they feed dwight at deep post position. in the first 2 games they were feeding him so far away from the post making him ineffective an predictable

even for game 3 they are not feeding him enough

Saw a basketball once

Joey Crawford needs to stop being a ref - now. I cannot remember the last time a big game that he was involved in got called well. I don't think there is some sort of gambling ring going down here, but he is just not a good ref. Pressure calls, big calls, last two minutes calls, he always drops them. I think he gets too into the game, takes too much enjoyment from calling against the big players.... he's just rubbish, IMO.

Saw a basketball once

whatever, its was expected for the lakers to lose. lakers take it in game 6.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

Both teams had 13 turnovers. That's quite typical for Orlando, and against the TO-generating Lakers, not bad. It's the best that I've seen Orlando play in this playoffs, pretty much playing up to their best potential, and in basketball we call this "playing perfect"

Orlando shot amazing considering that the Lakers loaded the paint and forced them to take a lot of jumpshots. They rebounded well, played excellent defense, and ran the ball better than they ever did during this playoffs. Excellent passing and offense. SVG was happy with the way they played for the first time this entire season.

I have never seen Orlando play with this much intensity. They played like crap against 76ers and the Celtics, and played like crap in their first 2 games against the Cavs (they were down by 23 and 16 at half-times for a reason) but happened to split it 1-1 anyway. They played like crap again Game 1 against the Lakers. But Games 2 and 3, man they played some great basketball.

This Game 3... Kobe failed us. He didn't do his job as a closer. It is one of those rare moments that won't happen again.

Disagree, against the Sixers they won a closeout gm on the Road without Howard series went from 2-2 to 4-2. Against the Celtics they were down 3-2 in series and won at home to force gm 7 and dominated gm 7 in Boston. Against Cavs they were down big in first 2 games but showed alot of resiliacey to come back both times. Than in the closeout gm they played lights out and made sure Cavs didn't send it back home for gm 7. Basically they have a never quit attitude so knowbody should be surprised if they send this series back to LA.

Learning to shoot layups ANBU21's Avatar

By no means did orlando play a great game and regardless of what you say, 13 TO's is NOT normal for the magic. Orlando did a horrible job of rebounding the ball, lakers had 14 more field goal attempts than the Magic, that's what kept them in the game. Both teams played crappy D, no where near both teams normal defensive level.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GUUS
    no, what's an act is Kobe going up to his wife and kids after every game and pretending he loves them

Now we're aware the man doesn't love his own wife and kids. Did Kobe text you that he hates his wife? Wants to drown his children? Does anyone not see anything wrong with making an assumption if someone loves their own family?

The Magic made only 5 threes last night. They are averaging 8.5 made 3s per game in the playoffs and averaged 10 per game in the regular season. They made 17 in game 4 against the Cavs shooting 45% from 3.

The Magic's shooting is why they are in the Finals in the first place. Acting like their hot shooting is some kind of anomoly is pretty naive.

I wonder what Kobe fans would be saying if Lebron shot 5-10 from the ft line in a tight finals game and shot 3-10 from the field in the 2nd half.