Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012

Ted is the most overrated movie of 2012. I didn't find it funny at all besides 1-2 scenes. I guess people liked it because they went to go see it while they were high? Dumb movie.

Banned

Kind of early for a top movies of the year thread, no? Especially since the Oscar bait doesn't come out until the fall.

Anyway, so far The Dark Knight Rises, Moonrise Kingdom, The Grey for me. Can't think of 2 others honestly.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtics4ever
    Ted is the most overrated movie of 2012. I didn't find it funny at all besides 1-2 scenes. I guess people liked it because they went to go see it while they were high? Dumb movie.
    Wow.

I was laughing non-stop the entire time.

Great date movie too since it's a romance "dramedy" of sorts.

Guy and Girl both will enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Hunger games wasnt that good. I expected something real gory and sadistic to occur. It didnt. Why is it in my top 5? I didnt see enough to knock it off. I agree with Myth on Safehouse.
    I haven't watched Safehouse yet either. I suppose I should then?

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

What's everybody looking forward to later in the year? I want to see Safety Not Guaranteed but can't seem to find it in theatres. Django Unchained, The Master, Argo, Killing them softly are the one's I'm waiting for.

2012 actually seems like a sick year for movies. I don't get out much to the theatre so gotta wait for everything to be released on DVD but so far doesn't seem like everybody is loving the year so far.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Have a feeling by the end of this year, The Hobbit will be my favorite movie.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Have a feeling by the end of this year, The Hobbit will be my favorite movie.
    U mean The Hobbit 1/3

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    I haven't watched Safehouse yet either. I suppose I should then?
    Eh, its not a must see at all in my book. Pretty predictable. I rather shoot for Hunger Games as opposed to Safehouse. I didnt mean Hunger games was bad, just not as great as I was expecting mainly because it wasnt R rated as I hoped.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    What's everybody looking forward to later in the year? I want to see Safety Not Guaranteed but can't seem to find it in theatres. Django Unchained, The Master, Argo, Killing them softly are the one's I'm waiting for.

2012 actually seems like a sick year for movies. I don't get out much to the theatre so gotta wait for everything to be released on DVD but so far doesn't seem like everybody is loving the year so far.
    \Cant wait for Kick@$$ 2

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Django and Bond are the 2 big ones for me. There are a few more I will see if the reviews aren't crap, like Total Recall (first 3 reviews I saw are not promising though), Bourne, The Campaign, The Expendables 2, Hit & Run, Dredd, Lawless, and Man with the Iron Fists.

I apparently need to see The Hunger Games when it is on DVD too. I don't expect much, but I will give it a chance. Looks like Battle Royale filled with a bunch of teenage cliche crap (and I didn't like Battle Royale).

I'm only anticipating Django Unchained now. The remake of The Great Gatsby might be worth watching, too.

Banned

Spielberg's Lincoln biopic starring DDL, The Master, Life of Pi, Bourne Legacy (Jeremy Renner is my dude), and Skyfall. Plus Cloud Atlas looks interesting, could be epic but just as likely to be a train wreck, gonna wait on reviews for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Spielberg's Lincoln biopic starring DDL, The Master, Life of Pi, Bourne Legacy (Jeremy Renner is my dude), and Skyfall. Plus Cloud Atlas looks interesting, could be epic but just as likely to be a train wreck, gonna wait on reviews for that one.
    Bourne Legacy for sure. Life of Pi looks really good. Just checked trailor.

21 jumpstreet
    Dark Knight Rises

NBA lottery pick

Was that movie "the watch" any good?