Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Greg Popovich Agrees That NBA Champions Are Not The "World Champions"

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    My point is in response to your implicaation that had that olympiakos team had their team totally intact, it mightve changed the outcome. I beg to differ. I'm not gonna sit here and say that I'm efficient on knowledge of the players you mentioned, but id be willing to bet they don't amount to pippen, rodman, and williams. And as I said before, chicago still blew that team out. Its not like that game was close.
    I never mentioned anything about the outcome being different, about the win not being legit, or not being a blowout. I have no idea what you are arguing about.

And yes, the fact that Olympiacos lost the Greek League MVP, the Euroleague MVP and basically their entire 5 best players....

Sigalas for example, was the guy that was named Greek League MVP in the same season that Dominique Wilkins played in Greece. Wilkins was in the same league, yet Sigalas was the MVP, and not Wilkins.

So yeah, believe it or not, those were also very significant absences. How you could seem to imply that a team playing without 2 MVPs from the previous season would not be much of an absence is a bit strange. And again, I never said anything about it not being a legit win or whatever. You are arguing with yourself.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 01-09-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Default Re: Greg Popovich Agrees That NBA Champions Are Not The "World Champions"

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    You actually think Maccabi was so good on that era. This like 8 years before the corpse of McAdoo dominated the Euroleague.
    They were good enough to beat the same Washington Bullets team that went to the NBA Finals in back to back years and won an NBA championship.

So yeah, apparently if they were no good, then the NBA must have really been horrible crap in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    No. A World Championship is totally different than a NBA Championship. A NBA Championship is far more greater. I think when people see "World Champion" they automatically want to put that in the notion that it's better to bigger, and it isn't.
    This is a strong point. The nba championship does hold more weight than the "world championship" tag.

Does Ali's heavyweight tilte hold less weight cyz he beat foreman and not some asian?

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    I never mentioned anything about the outcome being different, about the win not being legit, or not being a blowout. I have no idea what you are arguing about.

And yes, the fact that Olympiacos lost the Greek League MVP, the Euroleague MVP and basically their entire 5 best players....

Sigalas for example, was the guy that was named Greek League MVP in the same season that Dominique Wilkins played in Greece. Wilkins was in the same league, yet Sigalas was the MVP, and not Wilkins.

So yeah, believe it or not those were also very significant absences. How you could seem to imply that a team playing without 2 MVPs from the previous season would not be much of an absence is a bit strange. And again, I never said anything about it not being a legit win or whatever. You are arguing with
    yourself.
    Who gives a crap about Greek crap. Nique came to Europe and dominated. That was his corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Who gives a crap about Greek crap. Nique came to Europe and dominated. That was his corpse.
    FYI, you just earned an ignore list. Trolling and derailing this thread will not be tolerated.

Good college starter

They were good enough to beat the same Washington Bullets team that went to the NBA Finals in back to back years and won an NBA championship.

So yeah, apparently if they were no good, then the NBA must have really been horrible crap in that time.
    Yes so horrible that the prime version of McAdoo can't even beat them. Give yourselves a break. The college boys were beating everyone during these days, you must forgot how Jordan beating those Euro softies left and right by 28 points.

Good college starter

FYI, you just earned an ignore list. Trolling and derailing this thread will not be tolerated.
    NBA champion > World Champion.

So yeah, believe it or not, those were also very significant absences. How you could seem to imply that a team playing without 2 MVPs from the previous season would not be much of an absence is a bit strange. And again, I never said anything about it not being a legit win or whatever. You are arguing with yourself.
    I realize that that teams losses were significant. But so were the bulls not having three of their top players, (with 2 being hofers)

I think you're misunderstanding me. Allow me this question. Do you feel that with both teams at full strength, olympikos would win?

He does bring up a good point. Wasnt nique like 40?

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    He does bring up a good point. Wasnt nique like 40?
    He was 36, and the NEXT year AFTER that, he averaged more than 18 points per game in the NBA.