Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: strange happenings in louisiana

Even stranger, people apparently want Brad Pitt to run for Governor of LA due to his obvious qualifications.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Interesting story. I'm not a very superstitious person by nature and I would need absolute proof to completely buy it, but that doesn't mean that the imagery described in the story isn't eery as f#ck.

Blu Ray

i'd love to like get met by a ghost and just sucker punch that mother f*cker right in the mouth and my hand goes through the mist and it sucks me down a dark hallway

shit would be awesome

Truth Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Interesting story. I'm not a very superstitious person by nature and I would need absolute proof to completely buy it, but that doesn't mean that the imagery described in the story isn't eery as f#ck.
    at the very least conceptually speaking it paints a very frightening picture.

ive seen enough anecdotal evidence, heard enough stories from credible god fearing folks, combined with my own first hand strange happenings in the town i grew up in/currently live in that i have no doubt that there is just some shit that can't be explained.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

After reading stuff like that everything you hear or stuff you catch out of the corner of your eye just creeps you out..That's why I generally stay away from legit scary horror movies about supernatural stuff.

Blu Ray

i think ive told my laundry ghost story here a bunch of times

Truth Seeker

Quote Originally Posted by IlliniFan
    After reading stuff like that everything you hear or stuff you catch out of the corner of your eye just creeps you out..That's why I generally stay away from legit scary horror movies about supernatural stuff.
    fair enough but part of me enjoys the sensation of fear. makes me feel alive, heightened sense of alertness, etc.

i could share some stories that would raise the hair on your neck.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pete's montreux
    i'd love to like get met by a ghost and just sucker punch that mother f*cker right in the mouth and my hand goes through the mist and it sucks me down a dark hallway

shit would be awesome

My Shit Don't Stank. DC's Finest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
    at the very least conceptually speaking it paints a very frightening picture.

ive seen enough anecdotal evidence, heard enough stories from credible god fearing folks, combined with my own first hand strange happenings in the town i grew up in/currently live in that i have no doubt that there is just some shit that can't be explained.
    Haha shit got me in the mood to hear some more of this eerie stuff. Can you tell some of your stories? You have to have had some strange encounters living where you do..

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

He should be more freaked out that his buddies saw him in the apartment but he was really at school rather than some strange dude in the parking lot.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtomSmasher
    fair enough but part of me enjoys the sensation of fear. makes me feel alive, heightened sense of alertness, etc.

i could share some stories that would raise the hair on your neck.
    I enjoy it too, but only in the moment. It's not fun when it stays with you after the moment has passed and you're constantly on edge.

College star

I have been reading some of the posts in the link you showed Atom, holy f*ck is some of that stuff wierd. Honestly if it were me and some stuff like that happened I would move the next day.

Blu Ray

Who else just Googled ghost stories and turned your light off?

*raises hand*

Going back to the story, I can't help but keep thinking about the movie The Mothman Prophecies which was a true story. Sounds to me like the 40 year-old man likes to get liquored up every night and tell fantastic tales the next morning, or he is actually having an encounter with someone or something that's out there.

Could be numerous explanations. A lot of haunted towns either sit on old Indian reservations or slave plantations and thus many haunted stories come out of that as a result.

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

As for the tall thing... anyone else picturing The Tall Man from Phantasm?