Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16232425262728 LastLast

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

Great deal for the Cavs.

They really didn't get a legit number 2 option or a great player, but they added 4 good role players that have a chance of making an impact. If they could ever find a legit number 2 option (Big Z is getting older) they can make a serious run at the title.

Banned

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wall

Quote Originally Posted by Cannonball
    Try it LeBron will hit the Z man in the high post and Z will pass over the top to a dunking ben wallace.
    LOL I guess it's Clevelands turn to discover how bad Ben Wallace is on offense. Pistons fans had the same discussion with Chicagoians who were convinced they were on the verge of something special. He's about 50% on dunks man I'd rather double Lebron.

Is Ben Wallace more than a backup center for this team? Verajao would be more effect than Ben starting at PF.

The real goods in this deal were Delonte and Wally Sczerbiak who will improve this team more than people realize.
    Lebron runs the offense and now he has a lot more targets for open shots.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy
    having wallace, gibson, andy, jones, sasha, and devin on the bench makes the cavs 11 deep (when healthy). nice.
    I don't know I think Gibson and Varajao will be solid contributors but Wallace will be a setback. Definately not a top 10 bench. But thats okay all you need is Lebron and some decent role players and thats what you have.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A.M.G.
    I would have thought that was obvious.

The lineup will be:

C: Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Anderson Varejao, Dwayne Jones
    PF: Ben Wallace, Joe Smith, (maybe they'll keep Kaniel Dickens around?)
    SF: Lebron James, Devin Brown
    SG: Sasha Pavlovic, Wally Szczerbiak, Damon Jones
    PG: Delonte West, Daniel Gibson, Eric Snow

So basically, they get two starters, two good bench guys. 3 of them are old though.
    cavs would be retarded to start wallace at the 4 he's gunna get murked out there. he can't jump and he can't play offense the best way to use him is as a defensive anchor off the bench.

Banned

Default Re: Done deal: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics pull off 11-player deal

Quote Originally Posted by BULLS
    And we have morons like raid09 and other LeBron fanatics who think Hughes and Wallace cancel each other out (not just financially).

Larry Hughes is instantly Chicago's NUMBER 1 OPTION. As sad as that may be, Paxson just acquired Chicago's best player for the worst starting C in basketball and Joe Smith. To be honest, I really don't care about the deal, but it's funny to listen to people who think this is a bad deal for Chicago.

Even better news: Ben Gordon is not needed anymore. He can look for 70M elsewhere.
    I don't understand how you take pleasure in trashing your team. It was acceptable when you were in despair after your dreams of a legit contender were destroyed this season but MAN YOU SUCK AS A BULLS FAN.

Hughes is NOT your #1 option you nutcase. As they stand the Bulls don't have a number 1 option they will just pass the ball around and try to get a good shot. Probably they will speed up the tempo too since Hughes played much better that way and players like Thomas and Noah are suited for that.

What are you talking about Ben is the worst starting center in basketball? You're a disgrace. Ben Wallace will crush your face quit ho'in on the Piston great thats OUR guy your talking about. Be pissed at Paxson for making a huge gamble when Ben was way beyond his prime at not worth even 12 million dollars.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

My team? Open your eyes, son. You think I'm a Baby Bulls fan?

I haven't watched more than 4 full games this season. Do you think I'll start watching now? Maybe when they play the lottery teams, but I couldn't care less about the current Bulls. I am a LAKERS fan, and Chicago has been a distant second since '99.
    So, you are flat-out admitting to being a front-running bandwagoner?

I'm not sure I've ever heard anyone actually admit it. Props to you for that. Who is going to be your new team when Kobe retires and/or the Lakers start to suck? Are you eyeing up any team, in particular?

The Blazers have a lot of young talent. Maybe that can be your next favorite team?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

My team? Open your eyes, son. You think I'm a Baby Bulls fan?

I haven't watched more than 4 full games this season. Do you think I'll start watching now? Maybe when they play the lottery teams, but I couldn't care less about the current Bulls. I am a LAKERS fan, and Chicago has been a distant second since '99.

Offensively, Hughes is much better than Hinrich, Gordon, or Deng. If he isn't Chicago's number 1 option, Boylan should be fired.

People in Chicago don't care what he did for you. Why should they?

Here is what Wallace did in Chicago:

- Stole money
    - Stole minutes from much BETTER players.
    - Got Skiles fired
    - Played a big role in Noah's suspension, despite being the worse player of the two (jealousy)
    - Shot 37% (pathetic for anyone, but for a center, downright laughable)
    Hughes shoots 37.7%. Justify yourself.

The Holy Trinity

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

I still think Delonte West is the only significant acquisition in this deal. Wally is not the same player who once was KG's sidekick. And even if he rediscovers his game, why not just deal for those two players individually? Why do the other half of this deal? Smith is not really an upgrade over Gooden, and Wallace used to block a lot of shots, but what else does he do that Verajao doesn't? Of course Hughes had a disgusting contract, but now you've just exchanged it for Wallace's contract. Is the strategy that when Sczerbiak's man blows by him on the perimeter at least Big Ben will be there to deter him at the rim? Is that how they plan to compensate for losing Hughes' D? And what if LeBron misses another stretch of games? Hughes may have been horribly inconsistent, but now there is nobody else who can create their own shot.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Jordan Pippen Rodman's Avatar

Default Re: Cavs, Bulls, and Sonics 11-player deal with Ben Wallace, L.Hughes, D.Gooden, Wally S

if you would of told me last week that paxson could turn ben wallets aka the Big "Cancer" Bum into Drew Gooden, i would of laughed in your face saying IMPOSSIBLE! somehow, paxson got a good low post scorer for the old and broke down sourpussy ben wallace. that's a win right there for bull fans. then you have the fact that moving your starting PF and starting C for the Cavs starting PF simply opens up minutes for the young bigs like ty thomas and joakim noah. it's a win-win. anything and i mean anything hughes does is a plus. he's the big 2 guard we have been looking for and was the cavs' best perimeter defender.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

ive read all the posts and its really funny reading the reactions of both sides .. but clearly there are more intellectual posts coming from cavs fans than bulls fans.. simply goes to show that bulls fans are searching for answers they are hoping that hughes will be better than ben gordon. yes he is he is taller than gordon but i doubt that will put an end to the career of gordon.. gooden well am still disappointed that they got him for boozer.. its cleary nice to see both hughes and gooden go.

As for seattle they wanted to ship out wally's contract and west wanted out so this is really the plus in the trade. Delonte West is a good player i mean above average player.

Seattle didnt get anything at all just save up some money for rebuilding.

Bulls has alot to hopefor from this trade. they did save some money i think

Cavs really benefit from this trade. having a true point guard and a serviceable shooter in wally and your average joe .. the only question is ben wallace but cavs already has varejao and z so ben shouldnt that much of a burden.

Banned

You clearly misread the post.
    no I don't think he did... hughes shot 37.7 percent so far this season what makes him the best offensive player on the bulls now?

obviously you do care a lot about the bulls or you wouldn't spend most of your time writing about them. we all remember how much you loved gordon and deng last summer. i remember arguing with you about whether detroit or chicago was better. yet you say you haven't really been a fan since 99.

my theory is your so disgusted with the way the team fell apart that you now take pleasure in trashing the bulls. all of your posts are so negetive and hopeless. really its that kind of attitude that helped ruin the bulls' season. deng, hinrich, and gordon were disgusted with being booed and the kobe trade chants. I sure wouldn't want to play for fans that disrespect the players that way.

Don't you realize if you give the Bulls a healthy Jermaine O'Neal they're right back in the race.

NBA rookie of the year Kingwillball's Avatar

The Cavs clearly made out the best in this deal. They get a PG that they needed plus another shooter and 2 servicable big men in Wallace and Smith and when paired with Z and Andy will make the Cavs the top rebounding team in the L. If the Cavs can get everyone healthy and settle into a rotation they can come out of the East this year again.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Jordan Pippen Rodman's Avatar

Bulls +1

Very good NBA starter ConanRulesNBC's Avatar

I fell asleep at the beginning of the game but man... I was shocked to find out that not only did they win but they scored 135 points. Gordon had 37 points? He can be one of the best guards in the league when he gets on a roll. I hope he can keep that up. Oh and why is anyone still arguing with BULLS? He's a joke.