Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Mike Fratello: European Basketball Is More Physical Than The NBA

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Then how come FIBA's own ref said Spain would have won but the refs were instructed to help Team USA win?
    Lol @ you for thinking Team USA needs help from the refs to win international tournaments. Even bigger lol @ you for posting something without a link. Even if you did, could that ref see the future?

You're so retarded, it f[COLOR="Black"]uc[/COLOR]king hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGreg
    Lol @ you for thinking Team USA needs help from the refs to win international tournaments. Even bigger lol @ you for posting something without a link. Even if you did, could that ref see the future?

I want the people denying this happened BANNED if I post the link.

I have given that link many times in this forum, and STILL all the Americans here pretend it never happened.

I'm not playing this game anymore.

I want all the people denying this banned if I post the link.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatGreg

It was some French female referee who didn't even officiate the final game that apparently said that. "She said":

"You don’t call the same things on the Americans than you do call on other teams. You have to call the most evident of the evident things. If you whistle a travel every time that Kobe Bryant starts a drive, you will get whistled, you as the referee … During the final, the Spanish team was penalized on the US travels. With the consequences that we know at the end with the two technical fouls on non-called traveling violations. This was embarrassing…"
    http://www.ballineurope.com/countrie...-cigarettes-2/

There's no primary links to the quote and it's all from a quote posted by some dude on the ballineurope.com website, so 99% it isn't true. It's just an excuse for butthurt fans that can't admit the vast superiority of US basketball.

If she really said it, it would have caused way more of a media outrage.

So you are saying the Olympic group lead ref lied about that when they said it in the media? Really?
    im saying that i literally laughed out loud when you made another ridiculous claim, and again failed to provide a link. surely an olympic referee confessing that the tournament was in fact fixed, would stir up some noise on the internet. surely somebody, on some legitimate website would have written a piece on it?

I want the people denying this happened BANNED if I post the link.

I have given that link many times in this forum, and STILL all the Americans here pretend it never happened.

I'm not playing this game anymore.

I want all the people denying this banned if I post the link.
    Again, could that ref see the future? Team USA didn't need the refs on their side to win the gold medal.

The ref said it in the French newspaper. STOP LYING. You KNOW she said it. And she was the head of Olympic reffing for the group stage of the tournament.

Sorry, but no matter how much Americans pretend this did not happen, the fact remains that it DID happen. The fact that Americans keep denying it and trying to pretend it never happened is a clear proof of how much they do not care about fair play and sportive competition, but rather only care about being patriotic zealots.

Americans are still bitching about 1972 USA - Soviet Union game, which has never been admitted as a fix, or as a questionable call anywhere on the planet, except in the USA. They can't accept that they lost.

Meanwhile, the Spain - USA game is widely believed around the world to have been fixed and Americans act like this is imaginary. Do you have any grasp of how pathetic that is? Seriously. It's incredibly pathetic. It really is.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 08-24-2011 at 06:40 PM.

The ref said it in the French newspaper. STOP LYING. You KNOW she said it. And she was the head of Olympic reffing for the group stage of the tournament.
    Link, or you're a pathetic, lying troll.

Please ban this moron if he won't post proof of his stupid, ridiculous claims.

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    im saying that i literally laughed out loud when you made another ridiculous claim, and again failed to provide a link. surely an olympic referee confessing that the tournament was in fact fixed, would stir up some noise on the internet. surely somebody, on some legitimate website would have written a piece on it?
    In China and Europe it caused a huge stir idiot. The USA media blacked it out genius. Why the hell do you think so many Europeans are still complaining about it?

Did you actually think that US media was honest? How are those WMD searches going in Iraq? Oh wait.....................

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Link, or you're a pathetic, lying troll.

Please ban this moron if he won't post proof of his stupid, ridiculous claims.
    Droid101 should be banned. Dozens of times the link has been given in this forum, and yet people like him still pretend to not know anything about it, to say it never happened, and to demand a ban for anyone bringing it up.

Fascism is anti-American.

Droid101 should be banned. Dozens of times the link has been given in this forum, and yet people like him still pretend to not know anything about it, to say it never happened, and to demand a ban for anyone bringing it up.

Fascism is anti-American.
    I only demand bans for people who continually troll the forums with false information and never back up their claims with links, sources, or anything of substance, and who call anyone who disagrees with them racists, xenophobes, and idiots.

But, that's mainly you.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    I only demand bans for people who continually troll the forums with false information and never back up their claims with links, sources, or anything of substance, and who call anyone who disagrees with them racists, xenophobes, and idiots.

But, that's mainly you.
    You are the one trolling. Pretending that the Olympic group lead ref never said that and that it has never been brought up here.

Demanding a ban for me for mentioning it.

You are the one doing the trolling.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

The NBA is softer than other leagues, this is a FACT and has been documented here dozens and dozens of times.

Having said that, this doesn't guarantee that US players will have a problem adjusting to the Euroleague's more physical style of play, why? because we just tend to be better players... PERIOD.

Their overall level of play is still inferior (not that we're THAT much better), but it'll be like an NBA player playing against top Divison 1 college schools.

I think the bigger adjustment for an American player is the 'style' of play. It isn't an iso league, there tends to be far more passing and team play than Americans are used too.

Now... in regards to physical play.

Physical play IS a factor and it WILL take some time for some American players to adjust too. But again, they're still just better so they can still get by. Physical play is much more of a factor when the competition is on par with each other. So if the NBA became more physical, it will be NBA players being physical with NBA players, and we'd see a statistical decline for offensive players all across the board.

It just seems as tho some people here try to diminish the effect physical play has on players, when it's a big factor.

In China and Europe it caused a huge stir idiot. The USA media blacked it out genius. Why the hell do you think so many Europeans are still complaining about it?

Did you actually think that US media was honest? How are those WMD searches going in Iraq? Oh wait.....................

i live in europe so your us media paranoia is irrelevant. so why doesnt any european website have any documentation of this story?

You are the one trolling. Pretending that the Olympic group lead ref never said that and that it has never been brought up here.

Demanding a ban for me for mentioning it.

You are the one doing the trolling.
    Since it's been posted DOZENS of times, you shouldn't have any trouble finding it and posting the link again right here then.

Banned

On the perimeter? Yeah, but inside, it's not even close.