Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
    NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Default Re: Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I said top notch potential, not even NBA players.
    I never did and you challenged me first.

It's bad to call someone out on their potential to score points in the NBA.

Jimmer has TONS of hype...and a lot of it is unfounded.

Just because he can do things against MWC teams does not mean he will be able to pull it off in the NBA.

Is he better than JJ Redick, Juan Dixon, D. West, Ben Gordon, were in college?

I think not.

But he has game andhe's white so let's overrate him and call him a potential 20ppg scorer in the NBA

Look at the players averaging 20ppg in the NBA and tell me that yor statement wasn't over estimation without provocation. (getting my Jesse Jackson on, lol)
    Never said he will be a 20ppg player. Said he can get 15 to 20 points off the bench, not avg it. Just like Gordon, Dixon, or Redick could get 15 to 20 points any night off the bench and Jimmer is a better scorer than any of those were in college, so he could do better.

Default Re: Jimmer video. Ive watched him a bit this year and I cant decide on a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Did anyone know anything about Jimmer before this season? Its like a couple after into this season his name became popular. Yet he's not a freshman. He's a senior.
    I live in Utah, and have seen him play a ton over the past few years. As I said earlier in the thread, he is almost shocking to watch in person. People saying that he has no first step, handles, or basketball IQ have no clue. His shot selection is exactly what his coach is asking him for, so they can't blame him for that, he is a great passer, and his step-back crossover is very effective. No other player in college, outside Brittney Griner, gets game planned like him, and he still has huge games.

Quote Originally Posted by vert48
    I live in Utah, and have seen him play a ton over the past few years. As I said earlier in the thread, he is almost shocking to watch in person. People saying that he has no first step, handles, or basketball IQ have no clue. His shot selection is exactly what his coach is asking him for, so they can't blame him for that, he is a great passer, and his step-back crossover is very effective. No other player in college, outside Brittney Griner, gets game planned like him, and he still has huge games.
    Obviously, highlight reel make every one look good. But what I'm noticing is, you have to guard this kid from 25 feet. Who was the last player out of college with this kind of range. Second, his lateral motion is deceptive and nice, he can go side to side and cross you over. He gets a lot distance each time he goes, so if the first crossover didn't shake you, he'll take you 4-6 feet to the other side. Third, he's got good hops on his jumper. It seems to me, on the offensive end, he will be able to create space and get his jumper off. You could see what I'm talking about when that guy screams in the video. He also get his long-range bombs off deceptively and fast. There 3-4 shots in that video, where he is just like, I'm just dribbling way out here, not going to make a move and them boom, he's shooting. When you have to go that far out on a guy, it makes you susceptible to him shifting laterally and going around you. You could see he knows how to make his defenders off the center and once they are leaning, he pounces.

How's his left hand? It looks like his dribble is fine, but I don't know how well he shoots with it. One thing that made Larry Bird so deadly, was you had to play him tight and if you did, he could go left, right or pull back. Being 6'9" helped him too.

Bench player in the NBA, at best. Mid-late 2nd round pick.

We've seen this story before, not sure why anyone would think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three

Never said he will be a 20ppg player. Said he can get 15 to 20 points off the bench, not avg it. Just like Gordon, Dixon, or Redick could get 15 to 20 points any night off the bench and Jimmer is a better scorer than any of those were in college, so he could do better.
    Ehh, I don't agree but that's fair enough I guess.

JJ Redick?

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
    JJ Redick?
    How soon we forget. JJ Redick was a better scorer than Fredette in college.

I rule the local playground Birmingham1955's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Hoops
    JJ is also taller 6'4 Jimmer is 6'2. I dont think he can get a shot off against NBA defenders. He could be a spot up sshooter though.

I rule the local playground Birmingham1955's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three

Jimmer was not better than Ben Gordon in college. Get that bullshit out. Gordon was the 2nd option on a championship UCONN team. you put Gordon with a bunch of white boys he averages 30 points also

How so?

Jimmer is averaging two points more a game than Redick's best year. Other than Freshman year, Jimmer's average was higher every year.

Banned

you need to watch the way they score tho, jj was a catch and shoot player playing off the ball, while jimmer creates his own shot off the dribble which is much more difficult, plus teams game plans are much more focused on stopping jimmer than they were for jj

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJnS88rQSKI

Eddie House? Ben Gordon? Curry? Better? There are people talking him up as a #1 pick and people saying he should go undrafted. I dont think ive ever seen this big a difference in where the supporters and haters of a player have him ranked.

Say your team has the...9th pick.

Too early for him?
    As a college player I'd like to see more control out of his play. I see to many times as a PG , the desire to be option #1 on the offensive side , and if a player thinks he has all the cred - he should be option #1 on defense - playing the opponents toughest cover.

Jimmer - doesn't look like a 6'2" player , but his outside shot has lift.
    When he goes to the rake , I see him as only average and in the NBA you better be bringing a dunk to your game , otherwise your layup is going to get blocked.
    He forces to many shots because of that shot first mentality.
    I could be wrong and he may change his ways in the NBA - if he does , he will have a career.
    If he doesn't - his a$$ will be on the pine for majority of minutes and will be looked upon as a backup for life.
    IF he hones on the pass first , shoot as 3rd or 4th option he could be the next Price.
    His weakness as Price , but much worse his defense.
    I see him getting toasted by quick guards night in and night out (think of Hurley)
    He is a smart player , and might play angled defense to help his foot work and not get burned off the dribble.
    CP3 , Brook, Curry , D-Will , Harris , Rose will torch him.
    Middle first rounder /
    If he plays to his strengths - I'd lov to see the Bucks grab him.
    (Then package Jennings and IIlasova) in a trade.

The kid has range, I'll give him that -- but his whole mindset will have to change from being 'the man' to coming off the bench. There is no way that he'll be able to get a shot off while being closely defended. Defensively, he'll just get abused.

He won't be a star, much less a super-star in the league, but if he applies himself -- like Reddick -- he may carve out a niche as a Kyle Korver-type shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    The kid has range, I'll give him that -- but his whole mindset will have to change from being 'the man' to coming off the bench. There is no way that he'll be able to get a shot off while being closely defended. Defensively, he'll just get abused.

He won't be a star, much less a super-star in the league, but if he applies himself -- like Reddick -- he may carve out a niche as a Kyle Korver-type shooter.
    I think he iis projected to go around pick 15 right now. I think he will be able to get his shots off, it's defensively that will be the issue. The reason I think he'll be able to get his shots off is his range, he will have to be guarded way out.

He will be better suited to play on a team with a good shot blocker.

I don't really feel like Jimmer will be a great NBA player, but he will be a solid one. I think he is a little underrated purely because of his skin color.