Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Default Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Who's getting this on March 18th? I preordered mine.....only $29.99 on all platforms I've been reading complaints online that it'll only offer 2 hours of gameplay. Developers said more like 10 if you do everything.

I'm currently playing MGS4. I can't believe I kept passing on this game. It's pretty sweet....except way too many long cutscenes.

Default Re: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    I'm currently playing MGS4. I can't believe I kept passing on this game. It's pretty sweet....except way too many long cutscenes.
    The last cutscene in the game is an hour I believe. Really good game though. I think it was my first PS3 game ever.

Is Ground Zeroes the one they were hyping up last year? Why is it so cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    The last cutscene in the game is an hour I believe. Really good game though. I think it was my first PS3 game ever.

Is Ground Zeroes the one they were hyping up last year? Why is it so cheap?
    It's cheap cause it's a short game. It's a prologue to the much bigger Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain releasing in about a year. Gameplay is anywhere from 2 hours to 10 depending on how you wanna play it.

Banned

Im stoked on this game, been waiting for a long time. I don't care if I can get through it in 2 hours, I'll still buy it no questions asked tomorrow

Banned

havent played any mgs games. so no.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    It's cheap cause it's a short game. It's a prologue to the much bigger Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain releasing in about a year. Gameplay is anywhere from 2 hours to 10 depending on how you wanna play it.
    Damn, that's actually pretty cool that they're not charging more. Maybe this'll set the precedent for more shorter and cheaper games.

Never played a MGS game before, but I think I'll download this off PSN when it becomes available at midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Never played a MGS game before, but I think I'll download this off PSN when it becomes available at midnight.
    In the main menu, there's a lot of background info and cassette tapes you can check out to get caught up. Def recommend it so you're not totally lost. It's not too much to cover since this game along with MGS3 and Peace Walker are technically part of a prologue to the entire series.

I finished the main mission. It was enjoyable, but it's a pretty tough game. I tried to ghost my way through the level without killing anyone (what I do in most stealth games), but I got blindsided by enemies pretty often because of how wide open the game is.

Story was good. Like I said before, I've never played a MGS game, but I've watched a lot of MGS4 on youtube and it's ridiculously cheesy and over the top. Luckily, this game remained pretty grounded and didn't include any cheesy or cringe worthy scenes. Actually, the last scene was cringe worthy, but for different reasons. I also really liked Kiefer's voice acting.

So yeah, this has me pumped for Phantom Pain. Seems like it's kind of a ways off though.

My best guess for Phantom Pain from everything I've read is 1st quarter 2015. It's supposed to be huge. Check it out:

By Jeffrey Matulef Published Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima said that Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain will be "over 200 times bigger than Ground Zeroes" in a recent group interview attended by Eurogamer in Japan.

When asked about keeping players engaged with the series during its long-running gaps between installments, Kojima said: "I'll be honest here: this wasn't necessarily a strategic move. The Phantom Pain is roughly over 200 times bigger than Ground Zeroes... I knew we couldn't hit a game that big for next-gen launch date [22nd February for the PS4 in Japan], and we didn't have any Japanese titles that were available for launch... At that time Ground Zeroes was almost complete, and a lot of fans asked for a product out there, so that's the decision I took."

"If I can't make The Phantom Pain on time, but the product is there I might as well deliver it for the people," he added. "So that was the reasoning behind this move, though I didn't do too much thinking on what would happen after that."

Kojima further explained that he wanted Ground Zeroes to get people excited about big-budget next-gen games: "A lot of people are losing interest in these high end games," he lamented.

"They're mainly interested in these mobile games, these social games, and with next-gen coming up I wanted to show people that this was still fun, that this was still something that's worth playing... that's part of the reason I decided to move ahead and just put out the product."

Greatest VG franchise, the only games I have played over and over numerous times. For those who haven't played any yet I suggest getting the HD collection and starting from there. The first MGS which was on PS one is too outdated graphically to recommend in all honesty.
    Since it's ISH I rank my favorites:
    1- MGS 3
    2- MGS 4
    3- MGS 2/MGS 1

National High School Star

I finished a lot of them,

I tried replaying Guns of the Patriots not long ago, but struggled to get into it.

MGS Snake Eater has to be one of the greatest games I ever played. That game was a friggen epic journey.

The more I play this game the more I like it. I love playing through missions multiple times trying to perfect it without being seen. It's just a well designed stealth game.

Phantom Pain is my most anticipated game now, and I say this as somebody who has never played any of the other MGS games.

New E3 trailer for The Phantom Pain leaked early.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y...ler_videogames

Banned

dat ending...

o.o