Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Krust Kingz

Default Re: Melo his future....

Ok I found it.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ew-york-knicks

This guy says a whole lot of nothing

Melo also said he hasnt heard the Knicks are trading him so he can strong arm them or we lose them for nothing.

This guy should be traded before the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek

This guy should be traded before the deadline. [/B]

I'll never understand why anyone would want to trade him away before ever even trying to build around him. Is it going to be that easy to get another guy like him or do you just want a lottery team.

He's not going to leave the Knicks as a straight free agent signing.

Instead of all your crying about Carmelo not being good enough why don't you propose a trade? You don't want him- everybody knows that. What do you want?

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    I'll never understand why anyone would want to trade him away before ever even trying to build around him. Is it going to be that easy to get another guy like him or do you just want a lottery team.

Instead of all your crying about Carmelo not being good enough why don't you propose a trade? You don't want him- everybody knows that. What do you want?
    You have a lotto team with him, and you dont even have the pick due to the same deal.

i doubt the Knicks trade melo, he makes them alot of money....he's a ticket seller.

they have tried to build around him, they have failed and likely will continue to do so.

Only this time around...he'll be 31 years old in 2015

Krust Kingz

So he's been here for how many years? How close was this team to a championship? Has the front office done anything differently the past 2 years that improved the team (They did add youth in Hardaway Jr., Murry, Tyler ).

What you fail to grasp is... HE DOES NOT HAVE TO OPT OUT. So if he intends to OPT out and explore FA then that means he doesnt have to come back. What will we get in return if he decides to bolt?

If you have read anything I ever wrote I dont want to trade him UNLESS he has decided to OPT OUT then he can go kick rocks via trade.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity

they have tried to build around him
    Oh ok so you are under the impression that basketball is like a video game where you get a ranking and that's how good you are and not a believer that different skills fit around each other differently.

Building a team w no shooting and a need for Carmelo to play primarily as a ball handler from the perimeter does not count as "building around" his talent.

All sf's should play the same game. All pg's or pf's should play the same way? You should start following girls basketball if that's what you want.

Sad that you can't see that different players have different strengths.

Oh ok so you are under the impression that basketball is like a video game where you get a ranking and that's how good you are and not a believer that different skills fit around each other differently.

Building a team w no shooting and a need for Carmelo to play primarily as a ball handler from the perimeter does not count as "building around" his talent.

All sf's should play the same game. All pg's or pf's should play the same way? You should start following girls basketball if that's what you want.

Sad that you can't see that different players have different strengths.
    they have tried to build around him and thats the issue...build an actual team and if he's good enough he'll take it to the next step.

And who says they have no shooting, wasnt that was Bargnani was supposed to provide? JR? They even drafted a shooter in hardaway.

What they didnt do was address their weaknesses....big man depth and a decent pg....the obvious stuff.

but hey we got bargnani and a broken down world peace.

Quote Originally Posted by knickscity
    they have tried to build around him and thats the issue...build an actual team and if he's good enough he'll take it to the next step.

And who says they have no shooting, wasnt that was Bargnani was supposed to provide? JR? They even drafted a shooter in hardaway.

What they didnt do was address their weaknesses....big man depth and a decent pg....the obvious stuff.

but hey we got bargnani and a broken down world peace.
    But Woodson goes to extreme lengths to avoid playing those shooters with Carmelo, forcing him to the perimeter.

Mentioning pg is right. You shouldn't want Carmelo playing the perimeter so much, but that's what you get when you have guards that can't shoot or create off the dribble.

The idea of fitting your best players around the others is crazy. It's the others that should be fit around Carmelo. And when you can see that they don't fit you exchange them for others- that's why they're called role players.

But Woodson goes to extreme lengths to avoid playing those shooters with Carmelo, forcing him to the perimeter.

Mentioning pg is right. You shouldn't want Carmelo playing the perimeter so much, but that's what you get when you have guards that can't shoot or create off the dribble.

The idea of fitting your best players around the others is crazy. It's the others that should be fit around Carmelo. And when you can see that they don't fit you exchange them for others- that's why they're called role players.
    Nonsense, bargs started almost every game, JR still plays a ton and even Hardaway has gotten ample minutes...those guys are subpar.

We dont have role players, we have subpar players....and thats where it begins.

You build a team, this building around one guys doesnt work, unless that guys is good enough to do it all.

Role players can fit any system, which is why they hop from team to team and are utilized for their skills, thus building around THEM.

You think Miami hasnt built around their role player? Yes they have.

Chicago is being held together primarily because of their role players....for two years running.

The Knicks should not be so dependent on one player....build an actual team.

Krust Kingz

What annoys me is that why does this guy have to opt out? He could just stay for the current contract and then see what will happen.

On paper the team will be in a great position next year and lets see if this guy can recruit other players.

What annoys me is that why does this guy have to opt out? He could just stay for the current contract and then see what will happen.

On paper the team will be in a great position next year and lets see if this guy can recruit other players.
    Your first sentence is the point all Knicks fans think about. No "hometown discount" in the world would make up for not waiting until amare and chandler expire to become a free agent.

But here is the deal. Carmelo let it be known that he'd opt out. So anyone buying into the idea of cap space is stupid. It will never happen. The deck should have been re shuffled yet the Knicks failed to do so.

Krust Kingz

Your first sentence is the point all Knicks fans think about. No "hometown discount" in the world would make up for not waiting until amare and chandler expire to become a free agent.

But here is the deal. Carmelo let it be known that he'd opt out. So anyone buying into the idea of cap space is stupid. It will never happen. The deck should have been re shuffled yet the Knicks failed to do so.
    He said he would play for less already. So either he plays for 23 mill or get 26 mill.... Its dumb.

Like I said if you know he is going to opt out they should have shipped his ass away.

Krust Kingz

I love the message from Phil on the Melo situation it was a subtle shot and a strong stance. This is how an organization is supposed to be run no KOWTOWING to a pseudo star. I'm on board with the stance. Don't opt out or take less money on the next contract. The amount that would make Phil happy with less is not obviously clear but for me around 20 mill would make me comfortable. This will definitely be another test on the relationship between Dolan and Phil. If Dolan tries to do that back door deal with Melo I am sure Phil will destroy the Knicks organization already terrible credibility on his way out the door and this team will be a FURTHER PARIAH in the NBA.

For the first time since the Zeke era I really believe that if Melo leaves this team can find another player(s) eventually to come because of Phil Jax credibility and stabilizing the organization not based on being over payed.
    Last edited by Rameek; 04-23-2014 at 03:48 PM.

I love the message from Phil on the Melo situation it was a subtle shot and a strong stance. This is how an organization is supposed to be run no KOWTOWING to a pseudo star. I'm on board with the stance. Don't opt out or take less money on the next contract. The amount that would make Phil happy with less is not obviously clear but for me around 20 mill would make me comfortable. This will definitely be another test on the relationship between Dolan and Phil. If Dolan tries to do that back door deal with Melo I am sure Phil will destroy the Knicks organization already terrible credibility on his way out the door and this team will be a FURTHER PARIAH in the NBA.

For the first time since the Zeke era I really believe that if Melo leaves this team can find another player(s) eventually to come because of Phil Jax credibility and stabilizing the organization not based on being over payed.
    I'm feeling this too. Isola was kicking up shit already today, but Phil calmly addressed the media and put that shit to rest. NYC media still salty at Dolan's hush policy. If Melo wants to chase the money, then I'm thrilled he'll be gone and we can get some youth in here. If he stays, then I consider him to be worthy of the adoration should we build around him and actually win a ship.

...and you wanna talk about salty bitches in here if that happens. I'd just read all the hate and bask in the glory. Better times ahead already begun.

Dolan may have incredibly stupid moments, but that would be unthinkable.

Phil let it be known a team will be formed and direction, and thats music to my ears.

Krust Kingz

Franchize no need to respond I got part of your response here:

NBA legend Oscar Robertson advises Carmelo Anthony to leave Knicks, sign with Houston Rockets

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz2zy4R8UWq

[QUOTE]Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson has one piece of advice for Knick superstar Carmelo Anthony:

Get out of New York!

Robertson, while speaking to Spike Lee on SiriusXM NBA Radio on Thursday, had some pointed comments about the Knicks and the Big Apple.