Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Gender inequality when it comes to reproductive rights

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I will say after watching the vid I do kinda feel bad for the girl though. "I just want him to love our child like I do" is awfully sad.
    It's fake. She's trying to gain sympathy and it's working on you.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    And people don't see pregnancy or birth as a hardship for women for some reason. It's baffling. They really are like children, themselves first always. As men.
    Some of the posters on this site are in for a very rude awakening...lol

I don't think my sympathy is going to help her to much kid.
    Agreed.

NBA Legend

You serious? I mean, it's human nature to have sex. I'd go insane if I didn't have sex with people I'd prefer not to get pregnant. The volume of girls out there I'd have a kid with is not exactly huge.
    OP is right. It's weird to give the woman the right to both $ for the child and absolute say over whether to have the kid. Pick one or the other.

Even if you want to bring "thought experiment logic" into this instead of common sense, the woman still wins.

Only two people can make a baby. So if each person gets one vote, how do you split a tie?

Well the woman has more to lose. She can lose her life. The man can only lose money. So her vote is going to be weighted more heavily.

Therefore she's always going to win in a vote head up against a man.

Beyond that, how do you prevent a woman from getting an abortion and then just saying she had a miscarriage? You gonna put surveillance on her 24/7?

The kind of idealism demonstrated by OP and aversion to practicality is exactly what causes so many of the issues our country constantly wastes time debating over en masse.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    And people don't see pregnancy or birth as a hardship for women for some reason. It's baffling. They really are like children, themselves first always. As men.
    Let's flip it. What if the man wants the child and the woman doesn't?

NBA Legend

Funny when people like miller time, rmwg, niko say things like "hey man, dudes gotta take responsibility!"

These are the exact same people who want the government to slowly subsidize individual responsibility in exchange for centralized power and authority. You think politicians aren't thrilled to make that exchange? They're only 1 of 300,000,000 tax payers. They're 1 of like 600 policy makers.

Do the math you loser ass f@ggots.

The problem isn't giving the woman the right to make the choice. Its the right to make the choice and then monetizing the child on top of it.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    So you wouldn't spend 9 months slightly handicapped to make 5-10k a month doing nothing for the next 18 years of your life?
    Do you think a groupie looking for a payday is a good example to use to take away woman's rights?

You can't have a baby. You can't say "if i could be pregnant", you can't. You're not a woman. Apparently a lot of you are not men either, but you are not women.

because condoms are bulletproof and and whatever niko said makes sense. some people are just so high and mighty like shit couldn't have happened to them. smh.

child support for the rich is borderline extortion and it should be capped. there is no way child support should be enough for people to live an extravagant life off of it.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    because condoms are bulletproof
    No, just a 98% success rate.

If you don't use protection and you have a baby you have a responsibility. If you aren't capable of handling that, don't do things that get women pregnant. It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Just2McFly
    because condoms are bulletproof and and whatever niko said makes sense. some people are just so high and mighty like shit couldn't have happened to them. smh.

child support for the rich is borderline extortion and it should be capped. there is no way child support should be enough for people to live an extravagant life off of it.
    I remember the Rae Carruth trial. Someone made mention that he was paying his other childs mother 15 thousand dollars a month. But his child shared a bedroom with his half-sibling. The mother didn't work, her boyfriend didnt either. But they both drove expensive cars and lived lavish lifestyles.

The way the system is set up is unfair to men. I have a friend that is still obligated to pay child support for a child he found out wasnt his. And he has no legal recourse. Women are just as responsible for getting pregnant as the men that impregnate them.

Arian Foster punked himself. He most likely let his urges translate into a shit show public scandal. Even as a man, I'm not gunna cry foul for his extended poor judgment. Dude's a millionaire, reap what u sow for goin hunting for snow bunnies

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    No, just a 98% success rate.

If you don't use protection and you have a baby you have a responsibility. If you aren't capable of handling that, don't do things that get women pregnant. It really is that simple.
    So what culpability does the woman have?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    So what culpability does the woman have?
    The same as the man. What's your point? Really, you don't have one. Nature has made it so that only one sex can get pregnant. The law will never absolve men of their responsibility in that situation, as your poor Rae Carruth knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    The same as the man. What's your point? Really, you don't have one. Nature has made it so that only one sex can get pregnant. The law will never absolve men of their responsibility in that situation, as your poor Rae Carruth knows.
    Its not a point. Its a question. You are blaming the man for the irresponsibility of two people. Why?

And your not arguing thats its because of the laws of the land, youre arguing based on a moral issue. The way women are treated in the middle east is atrocious. But its the law. Does that make it right?

Im not arguing for the plight of Rae Carruth. What I am saying is that your stance is the reason a women died at the hands of him.