Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2532333435363738 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nuggets trade Carmelo Anthony to Knicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoooter
    Who cares? He isn't Michael Jordan. He isn't LeBron. Worst case scenario, he's rich, unheralded, and ringless in New Jersey or Denver.
    Someone FINALLY gets it. Melo's a great player, but who cares? Call Melo, Denver, and Nets on their bluff.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Post on how the deal effects the Knicks offense. Sebastian Pruti is skeptical.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

IMO it makes no difference how much the Knicks gave up. Those pieces wouldnt have been there past 2012 anyway. The ony thing that would have been nice about keeping those pieces, is they could have potentially tried to trade for cp3/ dwill/ or howard. Now the Knicks will have to try to sign them through free agency.

The only piece that would have been nice to keep was Mozgov, because he's an athletic big who can thrive in the knicks system. Plus, I think they have a better chance of signing a pg then howard so it would have been nice to have.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RedBagel
    Someone FINALLY gets it. Melo's a great player, but who cares? Call Melo, Denver, and Nets on their bluff.
    Whatchoo talkin' 'bout "finally"?! I'm ten steps ahead of you.

Local High School Star

call me when they hire a real coach.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Post on how the deal effects the Knicks offense. Sebastian Pruti is skeptical.
    Some of that is quite surprising. I knew Billups was a chucker, but I didn't know he was stingier on the P'nR than Felton. No wonder he gets so few assists playing on one of the fastest offenses and with some of the most potent scorers...

It's probably moot though. Walsh and D'Antoni, I imagine, are on their way out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBagel
    I agree that Melo is no elite superstar (i.e. not on Kobe's or LeBron's level) BUT having him now puts the Knicks in a way better position to get Paul in 2012, even without all the pieces we gave away.

There are a lot of media guys who don't like Dolan, hated us cause of the Isiah years, so they are looking for negatives. Let's be real. We were a team than had Amare + good role players that needed a ton of tweaknig. Now we are Amare + Melo and need tweaking.

Which is a better situation?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    There are a lot of media guys who don't like Dolan, hated us cause of the Isiah years, so they are looking for negatives. Let's be real. We were a team than had Amare + good role players that needed a ton of tweaknig. Now we are Amare + Melo and need tweaking.

Which is a better situation?
    Exactly.

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Knicks would have been better off keeping Gallinari and Mozgov and do a sign and trade for Howard in 2012. Then sign Derron Williams.

ROSE > THAN YOU IN-PAX-WE-TRUST's Avatar

Even if they get CP3.... Paul, Carmelo, Amare doesn't win a title. Where is the rebounding/Defense? Plus no cap space to get guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    I agree that Melo is no elite superstar (i.e. not on Kobe's or LeBron's level) BUT having him now puts the Knicks in a way better position to get Paul in 2012, even without all the pieces we gave away.
    This. I don't know why people are complaining. Without Melo, who knows if guys like CP3 or D-Will would wanna sign with NY?

Quote Originally Posted by da dream
    This. What I think will happen, is that the NBA introduces some sort of system where a team can choose one player on their team and then pay them a ton of monye to keep them. Similiar to a franchise tag. However if a player leaves than they will be risking a lot of money.
    So they get one player who's salary doesn't count against the cap. The rest of the team is still subject to the cap.

Its really hard to set a middle ground of what the cap will be next year because of the big free agent class of 2010 and the contracts they signed (includes Melo now). If a hard cap is enforced then how could teams who overpaid this year or last year (yeah its you Milwaukee and Detroit) ever get out of the hole they are now. Knicks would then be content with having a 7 man roster cox there just not enough capspace available to fill your roster

For those of you complaining we gave up too much, i have someone who agrees with you 100%. Her name

Jemele Hill.

I win...

Two fictional guys.....randomly named Isiah and Donnie .....walk into the GAP.

Isiah "See this pair of Jeans. These are awesome!!! I got to have them. $200!"
    Donnie "$200! Wow, that's alot for one pair."
    Isiah "Yeah, but they're good!!!!"
    Donnie "It's a great pair of jeans, no doubt. But aren't those jeans going on sale in a few days for $50? Why don't you just wait and buy them then?"
    Isiah "Are you kidding? These jeans will be gone by then!!! There's no way they last on the shelf!! They'll definitely be gone!"
    Donnie "How do you know?"
    Isiah "Cause the manager said so! And he says he knows this other guy who'll definitely pay $200 for them. I can't take that chance!!!"
    Donnie "Right...you know the manager might be lying to you, right? I mean, those jeans are a very specific size that only fits your body type. Very few people could even buy those. There's a great chance those jeans will still be here Friday."
    Isiah "No chance! I'll never get these jeans for $50. Not a chance."
    Donnie "Hmmmm.....well why not tell the manager you know about the sale in two days, and offer him $100 to buy it now? He's still making an extra $50. I think he might go for that. I mean, if you are that worried, offer the $100 to buy it now."
    Isiah "I can't take that chance! He already said somebody was going to pay $200. What if he ain't lying? Then they'll be gone. Plus he said the clothing company will never let those jeans get to the Friday Sale."
    Donnie "OK, well.....they all could be lying, there's a good chance they accept a smaller offer....but also.... if the jeans are gone, they're gone. You'll still have your $200. You could buy other clothes, or save your money for the next sale. You'll have options. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's a nice pair of jeans, but this pair of jeans doesn't guarantee anything. It's not like this one and only one pair of jeans will get you laid"
    Isiah "Your crazy man. Look how good these look! I already got compliments. Everyone loves them!"

.....girls passing by....."nice jeans"......

Isiah "See what I mean!!! I got to get these right now!"
    Donnie "But you have no shirt on! You won't have money for a shirt, shoes, belt, accessories? You are spending all your money on this and you have no credit cards. You are just a guy with a nice pair of jeans now!"
    Isiah "Man, you worry too much. I'll find all that stuff somewhere. The important thing is I look GOOD in these jeans, and I got 'em".
    Donnie "OK, well good for you. Enjoy those jeans."
    Isiah "I will!!!! I know I will."

Isiah walks out of store shirtless and shoeless with jeans on.

Donnie shakes his head......
    Last edited by RedBagel; 02-22-2011 at 03:26 PM.