Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Prime Kobe & T-Mac>>>Prime Lebron & Wade

Kobe and T-mac actually had mad skills, Wade and Lebron just use their athleticism.

Default Re: Prime Kobe & T-Mac>>>Prime Lebron & Wade

Prime LeBron > Prime Kobe
    Prime Wade > Prime Tmac
    but Prime Kobe > Prime Wade

Prime Tmac was a great scorer sure. He didn't have close to the defense or passing of LeBron and Wade. Nor was he near as efficient as either of them.

I'm not going into the Kobe vs. LeBron because it's been done a million times.

Go Spurs Go

Kobe and Tmac have one thing Wade/Lebron might never have : consistent and clutch range.

Hollar at me when Lebron and Wade arent scared to shoot threes in the final minutes..

Kobe and Tmac would be an insane duo.. too tall, too long, too fast, too quick, too athletic..these guys would have made the league look silly. . Guaranteed atleast 2 championships. No other players necessary.. these guys could win 5v2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Prime LeBron > Prime Kobe
    Prime Wade > Prime Tmac
    but Prime Kobe > Prime Wade

Prime Tmac was a great scorer sure. He didn't have close to the defense or passing of LeBron and Wade. Nor was he near as efficient as either of them.

I'm not going into the Kobe vs. LeBron because it's been done a million times.
    You must have forgotten that T-Mac used to clown, and I mean CLOWN LeBron when he was still healthy. Go back and watch.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

Prime T-mac and Kobe would destroy anybody. Too skilled, too fast, just too good.

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    You must have forgotten that T-Mac used to clown, and I mean CLOWN LeBron when he was still healthy. Go back and watch.
    I watched most of Tmac's career and all of LeBron's career. Tmac had one or two great games against 19 and 20 year old LeBron. You're telling me he was better than 2008-Present LeBron because of that? Tmac as an overall player wasn't close to what LeBron was in 2008-2010. His strongest ability (scoring) can be argued that LeBron does it better because he's a similar volume (high 20's, low 30s) on much better percentages. The rest isn't all that close. LeBron's a better rebounder, passer, playmaker, defender, and has the majority of the advantages in athleticism.

I watched most of Tmac's career and all of LeBron's career. Tmac had one or two great games against 19 and 20 year old LeBron. You're telling me he was better than 2008-Present LeBron because of that? Tmac as an overall player wasn't close to what LeBron was in 2008-2010. His strongest ability (scoring) can be argued that LeBron does it better because he's a similar volume (high 20's, low 30s) on much better percentages. The rest isn't all that close. LeBron's a better rebounder, passer, playmaker, defender, and has the majority of the advantages in athleticism.
    Yeah, LeBron is better than T-Mac.

Is a prime T-Mac better than a 2011 LeBron?

FWIW, I think T-Macs playmaking ability is on par with LeBrons. It's just...LeBron impacts any given game more than TMac did. Defense, playmaking, rebounding, etc. It could be argued that TMac was the more skilled player, though. His pull up was the greatest of all time IMO.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    Kobe and Tmac have one thing Wade/Lebron might never have : consistent and clutch range.

Hollar at me when Lebron and Wade arent scared to shoot threes in the final minutes..

Kobe and Tmac would be an insane duo.. too tall, too long, too fast, too quick, too athletic..these guys would have made the league look silly. . Guaranteed atleast 2 championships. No other players necessary.. these guys could win 5v2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIwCY...el_video_title
    Last edited by Theoo's Daddy; 07-14-2011 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    Is a prime T-Mac better than a 2011 LeBron?

FWIW, I think T-Macs playmaking ability is on par with LeBrons. It's just...LeBron impacts any given game more than TMac did. Defense, playmaking, rebounding, etc. It could be argued that TMac was the more skilled player, though. His pull up was the greatest of all time IMO.
    His playmaking ability was good but not quite as good as LeBron's. He did have a significantly better 3 point shot, and his midrange pullup was unmatched. I'd put prime Tmac on par with a 2011 LeBron tbh.

Local High School Star

His playmaking ability was good but not quite as good as LeBron's. He did have a significantly better 3 point shot, and his midrange pullup was unmatched. I'd put prime Tmac on par with a 2011 LeBron tbh.
    Watch run down Tmac in Detroit. He has better court vision and passing skills than Lebron will ever have. Drive and kick every possession to rack up assists does not equal better playmaking ability.

Don't even need to bring up Tmac in his prime.

Keep it tight for me The-Legend-24's Avatar

How is holding the ball for 20 seconds pass then drive and kick it to somebody good playmaking?

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88
    Watch run down Tmac in Detroit. He has better court vision and passing skills than Lebron will ever have. Drive and kick every possession to rack up assists does not equal better playmaking ability.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz-5R4NNfhU
    Last edited by Theoo's Daddy; 07-14-2011 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by knightfall88

You're playmaking and passing skills don't go anywhere. In that regard, TMac is the same player he was in Orlando

LeBrons playmaking is just different. Like you said, it's "drive and kick" which is why he does his best with great shooters around him. TMacs abilities are more suited for a traditional PG. His court vision is great and his passes come in a variety of ways. LeBron just makes crazy passes that hit guys right where they can pull up and shoot it. He's probably better at pick and pops/rolls too. It's actually a pretty good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    You're playmaking and passing skills don't go anywhere. In that regard, TMac is the same player he was in Orlando

LeBrons playmaking is just different. Like you said, it's "drive and kick" which is why he does his best with great shooters around him. TMacs abilities are more suited for a traditional PG. His court vision is great and his passes come in a variety of ways. LeBron just makes crazy passes that hit guys right where they can pull up and shoot it. He's probably better at pick and pops/rolls too. It's actually a pretty good comparison.
    LeBron is also excellent at dropping it down for post dunks. How many easy dunks have Veraejo, Hickson, Z, and Gooden received from LeBron over the years that 95% of other NBA players wouldn't see or be able to make? Overall he's just a better playmaker.