Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: Round 1, Game 3, April 24: Orlando Magic (2-0) @ Charlotte Bobcats (0-2)

[QUOTE=Kingwillball]learn |lərn|
    verb ( past learned |lərnd|or chiefly Brit. learnt |lərnt|) [ trans. ]
    1 gain or acquire knowledge of or skill in (something) by study, experience, or being taught : they'd started learning French | [with infinitive ] she is learning to play the piano | [ intrans. ] we learn from experience.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore elinss86's Avatar

Default Re: Round 1, Game 3, April 24: Orlando Magic (2-0) @ Charlotte Bobcats (0-2)

hopefully dwight channels all his frustration from this series into super BEAST mode against the hawks.

7-time NBA All-Star

Dwight has to stop picking up so many offensive fouls, but that 5th foul on him was a shitty call. Howard and Chandler were being equally physical with eachother, that should have been a non-call. Regardless, he's becoming ridiculously dominant defensively. 5 blocks in the 4th quarter despite fouling out with 3-4 minutes left. Carter has been well below his standard in game 1 and game 3, but it was good to see him attacking and playing efficiently in game 2. His 3's will eventually drop. Jameer has been amazing, a healthy Jameer Nelson makes them so much more dangerous than last year because now they can win even if Howard and Carter aren't scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonhoops
    It seems like Jackson makes you or breaks you in the clutch. It's too bad one of those three's couldn't go in the final minutes. Hell of a game though.
    this

I'm heartbroken. I was at the game and it was the best atmosphere I've seen in Charlotte since the Hornets left. A team that no one gave a shit about for years was the biggest ticket in town.

No way we stood a chance in this series but it would have been nice to win a game. We still have Mon. but I think it will be more like a funeral.

I'm happy for the cats and for this city. In 2 seasons Larry Brown and MJ have given us a lot to look forward to.

As for the Magic, what can you say? Too deep, amazing talent, the right blend of young guns and vets, great coach. It would not surprise me a bit if they win it all.

Magic Johnson

Stan Van Gundy should just let Howard play through the foul trouble. Dare the refs to foul him out. I guarantee they wouldn't foul him out 6-7 games in a row.

Local High School Star chitownsfinest's Avatar

I didn't watch the game so I can't really comment on it but just by looking at the boxscore, the Magic basically beat a pesky team who have been really good at home all season even with their best player being a non-factor on offense and getting fouled out which has to be really impressive at this point. Jameer Nelson also looks like he has is back to his pre-injury 08-09 from and is beasting. I'm sorry, but the Magic at this point and over the past 2 months look more dominant then LA and Cleveland. It surprised me a bit last yr when they simply made the finals but it won't surprise me at all if they ended up taking the finals trophy home at this point imo.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Hell of a game
    You know it couldve gone either way when it comes down to a couple of gortat ft's

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    Hell of a game
    You know it couldve gone either way when it comes down to a couple of gortat ft's
    Hell yea , I was at work watching at the Gamecast and I see Gortat going to the line for 2, I was like oh ****. ...Good game Cats

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    Stan Van Gundy should just let Howard play through the foul trouble. Dare the refs to foul him out. I guarantee they wouldn't foul him out 6-7 games in a row.
    Y'know, you have a good point, there.

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    Hell of a game
    Yeah, it really could've gone down either way if it came down to Dwight taking FT's, though.

the refs are pretty intent on not letting dwight play, and its working for the bobcats since their centers cant score anyways they dont care about their own centers foul trouble. next series, hawks cant do that since they only have 2 centers who are actually good and useful beyond giving 6 fouls. bobcats will prob end up being a tougher test than the hawks. good practice for the cavs.

Quote Originally Posted by elinss86
    the refs are pretty intent on not letting dwight play, and its working for the bobcats since their centers cant score anyways they dont care about their own centers foul trouble. next series, hawks cant do that since they only have 2 centers who are actually good and useful beyond giving 6 fouls. bobcats will prob end up being a tougher test than the hawks. good practice for the cavs.
    They're (Hawks) are under sized, though.

Horford is a PF forced to play a C, which is why Orlando has dominated ATL this season.

I see Atlanta still has problems keeping intensity on the road, didn't Milwaukee beat them by like 20-ish or something last night?

the point i was trying to get at is that, while a better team, hawks will be easier for magic to beat, cause the refs will finally let the teams play. it also helps that the hawks strategy will be to play basketball, not to scratch, claw, foul, and flop

Quote Originally Posted by elinss86
    the point i was trying to get at is that, while a better team, hawks will be easier for magic to beat, cause the refs will finally let the teams play. it also helps that the hawks strategy will be to play basketball, not to scratch, claw, foul, and flop
    Oh ok, I agree.

Local High School Star Magic Vinsanity's Avatar

I've become a huge fan of Gerald Wallace and the Bobcats in general during this series. As long as they keep their core and add a few more pieces, Charlotte fans have alot to look forward to. This is a good team.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Vinsanity
    I've become a huge fan of Gerald Wallace and the Bobcats in general during this series. As long as they keep their core and add a few more pieces, Charlotte fans have alot to look forward to. This is a good team.
    I actually have, too. Especially Wallace....

Damn that man hustles hard...

I can appreciate that from any player, whether you're going against my favorite team or not.