Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

Default Re: Scathing Letter from Cavs Owner Dan Gilbert

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    The Miami Cheat are a farce and disrespect to the competitiveness of the game. They still can't matchup with us.

We will see.

Very good NBA starter

wow that was pretty epic. every time i start to feel bad for cleveland i remember all the arrogant douche bag fans they had. though im sure over the coming weeks all those morons will be riding the heats nuts.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Mikaiel
    Yeah, I'm sure LeBron hated all the attention he got. That's just not him.
    You'd think he would, but I clearly saw a guy who was not comfortable at all up there.

Dude smiled like once the whole time (when asked about taking no.6 from Chalmers).

That whole thing sounds like an idea 25-year-old wannabe "business tycoon" like Mav Carter would cook up. LeBron needs to ditch that idiot.

I think LeBron may have in part agreed to the whole thing to placate his "team" of so-called friends, because I don't think they were happy with him going to Miami.

They were probably hoping for New York, where they could run the city and the franchise, and LeBron would make more money from endorsements.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 07-09-2010 at 02:59 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

No sympathy for the bandwagon fans or butthurt owner of Cleveland. If you've frequented "Real Cavs Fans", you'll know what type of douchebag Cleveland fans I'm talking about.

Dan Gilbert's just angry he was left holding the bag on his Cavs franchise. Fool probably lost $300m today.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Dan Gilbert has lost his damn mind, us Cavs fans did not need his meltdown on top of Lebron leaving.

The Holy Trinity

That was the single most awesome piece of writing in the history of life. It should be the new Bible.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YAWN
    wow that was pretty epic. every time i start to feel bad for cleveland i remember all the arrogant douche bag fans they had. though im sure over the coming weeks all those morons will be riding the heats nuts.
    Huh? Riding the Heat's nuts?

When you say 'Cleveland fans are arrogant,' are you talking about LeBron fans from around the country or around the world or true Clevelanders? Because there isn't a more loyal, more passionate fanbase in the country.

We didn't deserve this slap in the face. It was uncalled for and unnecessary.

Learning to shoot layups

Lebron carries this pitiful organization for 7 years, they can't make anything happen, and they freak out when Lebron moves on to play with some people who actually want to win? The only real betrayal here is that they wasted so much of his career.

LeBron brought them their first NBA Finals appearance. What did they get him? They brought in a bunch of guys off the streets like Wally Szczerbiak, no PG, etc.

But he had to do this. If he towed a corporate line and made some random generic response like "We regret LBJ did not stay and wish him well. We appreciate the years we was here, and regret we could not continue our partnership. We will continue to strive for our goals to win championships", Cleveland folks would have just laughed, gave up, and moved on.
    Mhm.

Quote Originally Posted by Logical
    Lebron carries this pitiful organization for 7 years, they can't make anything happen, and they freak out when Lebron moves on to play with some people who actually want to win? The only real betrayal here is that they wasted so much of his career.

LeBron brought them their first NBA Finals appearance. What did they get him? They brought in a bunch of guys off the streets like Wally Szczerbiak, no PG, etc.

Mhm.
    The anti-Cleveland sentiment in this instance is baffling. Also, I'm not sure how many times I have to reiterate that this backlash has very little to do with the fact that he left... It was the way that he did it.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Haha. This guy is funny.

I can't tell if he's:

But if he couldn't bring a ring with Lebron....

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    Haha. This guy is funny.

I can't tell if he's:

But if he couldn't bring a ring with Lebron....
    LeBron couldn't bring a ring to Cleveland.

Don't get it twisted. At the end of the day, James failed to deliver on his pact to the city and opted for a short-cut to a title.

The Holy Trinity

By the way, everybody realizes that 95% of that was about marketing, right?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    Huh? Riding the Heat's nuts?

When you say 'Cleveland fans are arrogant,' are you talking about LeBron fans from around the country or around the world or true Clevelanders? Because there isn't a more loyal, more passionate fanbase in the country.

We didn't deserve this slap in the face. It was uncalled for and unnecessary.
    Speaking solely from this boards representatives. The "heats nuts" comment was supposed to convey that the majority of those "cavalier fans" that terrorized the board with their arrogance and annoying attitudes, were actually just lebron fanboys. guys like kingwillball, pleezebelieve, ashbelly, etc

I do feel bad for the true fans though. Not so much that the man left, because I mean... it really is just a business decision. but more so cause it seems he went out of his way to twist the knife around your insides. and even when it seemed like he was going to thank the city, it came off as if he was saying "i mean lets be honest here, those losers are lucky i graced that team with my presence for 7 years".

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    i hope lebron wins a championship and writes a public letter to dan gilbert

Dear Dan,

umad? lolz

sincerely,
    The King

Post of the night right here.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    LeBron couldn't bring a ring to Cleveland.

Don't get it twisted. At the end of the day, James failed to deliver on his pact to the city and opted for a short-cut to a title.
    Lebron tried, he couldn't get it done with that supporting cast in Cleveland. Cleveland wasn't going anywhere even if he stayed.

Lebron definitely made the right choice. No point toiling in Losersville when there were clearly better options.